Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Brothers of the 4th Ver 1.5.1 {Campaign Mod Released 5/03/09 Updated 14/06/09}

Um it definitely *does* run on the latest version of DoW2 if you make the small changes to the .module that froggz and ExplodingGeckos describe earlier in this thread.

Awesome mod!

celtic warior
    you are wrong corvus

Yeah, I can't get the alterations to work, it just crashes out straightaway, it's a real shame, because I loved version 1.3.1. :\

I'm playing it on Steam? It distinctly does work for me, though now a new patch has come out that will maybe break it again (I haven't tried it yet).

Has anyone figured out how to get this working yet, as it doesn't work still, and the changes that someone posted before didn't work with version 1.6 or 1.8.

Nope

You would have to spend a lot of time on getting this bad boy to work!

Dang, I miss playing this mod.

I kept an 1.5.1 DoW2 on my PC just to play this one

I didn't get DoW2 until the 1.6 update was out, is there any way I can get an older manual update anywhere?

There is always your old friend, google !

I have no less than 4 DoW2s on my PC ( and yes, I have original game, pre ordered DVD. And I'll preorder Chaos Rising too).

I got the mod running with patch 1.8 by changing the [data:common] section in the brothers of the 4th.module file to this (its almost the same as what Froggz had but with one extra line):

[data:common]
    folder.01 = GameAssets\Data
    archive.01 = Brothers_of_the_4th\Brothers_Data.sga
    archive.02 = GameAssets\Archives\GameArt_DELTA.sga
    archive.03 = GameAssets\Archives\GameArt.sga
    archive.04 = GameAssets\Archives\GameArtEnvironment_DELTA.sga
    archive.05 = GameAssets\Archives\GameArtEnvironment.sga
    archive.06 = GameAssets\Archives\GameArtEnvironmentTextures_DELTA.sga
    archive.07 = GameAssets\Archives\GameArtEnvironmentTextures.sga
    archive.08 = GameAssets\Archives\GameMaps_DELTA.sga
    archive.09 = GameAssets\Archives\GameMaps.sga
    archive.10 = GameAssets\Archives\GameDefault_DELTA.sga
    archive.11 = GameAssets\Archives\GameDefault.sga

I got the mod to initialize and played the first few missions, i'm not sure if it will work through the entire campaign.

EDIT: it replaces the whole section under [data:common] in the brothers of the 4th.module file. then just start the game with the bat file that was given to you. if it still doesn't work then i must have done something else that I don't remember.
    Last edited by dumpstercake; 1st Nov 09 at 10:55 AM.

Ah ha, that's just the news I've been hoping for, I can't get on with the vanilla campaign at the minute. lol.

EDIT:

Do those 11 lines replace all 12 of the lines in the module file, or just the first 11?

FURTHER EDIT:

Ok, I've tried replacing the first 11 lines out of the 12 in the module file AND just having those 11 instead of the 12 in the module file, and neither way makes it work, any advice please?
    Last edited by cain19822004; 2nd Nov 09 at 10:06 AM.

Could someone please try and help me, I have followed the install instructions but when I try to run the .bat file it just comes up with a bug report

Cain,

are you opening it from the .bat file provided with the mod? and are all the other files in the right places? If so, i'll have to go back and see if i changed something and forgot about it.

Yes, everything is where it should be, and I ran the .bat file, it says everything in the readme, sorry if I sound cranky, just pretty annoyed (putting it extremely mildly) with Steam right now, messing up my pre-order of a game. Anyway, yes, all instructions have been followed, to the letter.

how do you edit the campaigns marine colour scheme. I want to change it to dark angels so if anyone can help that'd be appretiated
    Nex Angelus - The Angel of Death

You're probably better off asking in this thread... http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=216937 <<< The Squad Mod, he's changed them from Blood Ravens to Ultramarines.

ok, i think i might have figured it out,

strangest thing, the forum decided that it wanted to add a space in the middle of the word "DELTA" and when i put it in bold it just pasted it normally. Anyway, try copying and pasting this instead, it should work.

EDIT: for clarification, this was a problem with the forum, don't actually try to bold the code in the mod file itself.
    Last edited by dumpstercake; 6th Nov 09 at 9:59 PM.

This is actually working. Would you guys like me to fix the force commander's bug in the backdrop menu?
    One day I shall redeem my STRAWMAN
    DoW2 Apocalypse
    Community Map Pack
    The Gods Of War

If you can, Yes please.

I'll have a look at it tonight, but do you guys think I need to ask Zetrial for permision?

I don't see why you'd have to. There's nothing wrong with fixing a bug when the author hasn't done it himself so that people can use the mod.

Thanks in advance for doing this.

Great mod except at the mission after killing Rippa Splitta when you are moving to secure the array, after the video all I get is a black screen.

please just take over the mod all together..this guy obviously isnt coming back on here. its a really awesome mod and if someone else can take it over and run it till heck, till the guy comes back then do so, ive been waiting for this to be fixed since they patched the game

The alterations mentioned on here do work, I can finally play version 1.5 of the mod, well, once I've finished playing Dragon Age: Origins, anyway.

And as for taking over the mod, the Moderators will likely ban anyone who does, I think DeusImperator was nearly up sh*t creek without a paddle if Zetrial didn't give him permission to use aspects of his mod.

If it's only for personal use, that's fine, but to redistribute it, then that's a no no.

Zombie Airplane! uuuurrrhhhhggg......neeeeeeYOOOOWWWW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ8mCm1qQ3o

27. Space Marine Senior Member Gamers Lounge Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member  #377
    You will need to ask permission. Taking someone else's stuff without permission is a no-no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pouk
    I'm not looking for what might happen after the Bowkers come to see this thread...
    A Lannister always pays his debt

Quote Originally Posted by fuunu2003
    Great mod except at the mission after killing Rippa Splitta when you are moving to secure the array, after the video all I get is a black screen.
    Same problem for me, too. I don't suppose anyone knows how to fix this?

Hi there. As a response to fuunu203 and Hobbes there was a fix for the array mission crash with an older version of this which still works (with a bit of tweaking) - as i have absolutely no modding skill at all, if I can get it working, anyone can!

Open up the Brothers of the 4th module file from your install directory using notepad, and change the last list of entries as below:

From

To

archive.01 = GameAssets\Archives\GameArt_DELTA.sga
    archive.02 = GameAssets\Archives\GameArt.sga
    archive.03 = GameAssets\Archives\GameArtEnvironment_DELTA.sga
    archive.04 = GameAssets\Archives\GameArtEnvironment.sga
    archive.05 = GameAssets\Archives\GameArtEnvironmentTextures_DELTA.sga
    archive.06 = GameAssets\Archives\GameArtEnvironmentTextures.sga
    archive.07 = GameAssets\Archives\GameMaps_DELTA.sga
    archive.08 = GameAssets\Archives\GameMaps.sga
    archive.09 = GameAssets\Archives\GameDefault_DELTA.sga
    archive.10 = GameAssets\Archives\GameDefault.sga

This disables a few of the altered wargear images - I found that the predator and razorback drop beacons' pictures break with this, but I think it's purely cosmetic.

I've only played through the array mission but you used to be able to change it back afterward - give it a go and find out!

What I would love to see in this mod would be the sergeants starting with helmets,
    eg - Tarkus starts with vet helmet
    - Cyrus with tac helmet
    - Avitus Targiter on Tac Helmet
    - Thaddius Hawk looking helmet
    - FC should have vetran helmet
    Youtube of Dow2 Mods
    Lords of the Warp [Closed]
    Black Templar Campaign

Tyron: Creator of:
    - Lords of the Warp
    - Black Templar Campaign

not working

i downloaded your mod and installed it to the dow2 directory is that the correct place and if so it wont work for me. whenever i try and start i get an error message. i even tried putting -dev at the end of the command line through steam. should i try starting it with the normal dow2.exe or your .bat file?

Use the Batch file, I make a shortcut to it on the desktop.

I to find the batch file dosen't work so I changed the DOW2.module file there should be some help about this on the first page, the cool thing is when changing the module file you can stil get achievments

does anyone know how to get version 1.5.1 to work whenever I try to run it I get a crash report this is really annoying please help is this something to do with steam? I cant seem to be able to get any mods to work on this.

hey, erm dow2 had just been updated and now the mod doesnt work, the update has obviously changed some sort of core files, and i dont know how to change the mods module file to make it work with the new update
    For the Blood God
    Death to the False Emperor

same problem... please fix

yea the mod doesn't work for newest version
    first it didn't start at all
    than i changed the module file
    now it starts up but crashes at loading
    who knows a fix

Hey, I keep getting a Application load error when I run the batch file.

Am I supposed to run this game through Steam? Because I bought to the hard copy version of it.

Hello everyone. Just installed this mod yesterday and everything was great up untill Thaddeus showed up. As he appeared in my team I found out that he lacks the Jump abbility. As you understand the assault marine without this abbility is a bit useless. Without finding answers (or at least same problem) in this thread, I sucsessfully (to my own surprise) managed to fix this issue on my own by editing sm_assault_marine_thaddeus.rbf in spbs section and adding 3 missing lines to abilities section from original file. So far so good. Ability reappeared and i hope that my editing will not cause greater trouble. Here`s the piece of changed code

| squad_ability_ext: {
    | | $REF: "squad_extensions\squad_ability_ext";
    | | abilities: {
    | | | ability: "ability\campaign\playable\race_marine\sm_cpr_1";
    | | | ability: "ability\campaign\playable\race_marine\sm_jump"; <-- added 3 lines from here
    | | | ability: "ability\campaign\playable\race_marine\all\sm_energy_on_deploy";
    | | | ability: "ability\campaign\playable\race_marine\thaddeus\sm_buff_self_str4_chapters_fury";
    | | };
    Thanx for the great mod.

I also wanted to ask about aditional accessory slots and increasing skill points growth. In my campaign it has none. Level about 12 and all available squads have standart number of slots and still 2 SP gain per level while skill trees has grown. Can anyone give a hint where to look to tweak these things? I`ve been able to find only how to change total number of skill points in skill trees.

PS I`m running Chaos Rising 2.2.3 version original campaign.
    Last edited by Alex.MHX; 30th Jun 10 at 10:45 AM.

So no one is able to fix the load problems with the current version? That's a shame...

i play it and there is no difference from normal -dev

Hey Guys. Kinda New To Modding as a Whole So Could Someone Please tell me how to install this. I followed the Install instructions however when i finished the first mission( i started a new campaign) nothing had changed.

Thanks For Any Help

Hey Guys. Kinda New To Modding as a Whole So Could Someone Please tell me how to install this. I followed the Install instructions however when i finished the first mission( i started a new campaign) nothing had changed.

Thanks For Any Help
    did you run it in -dev mode?
    Damn It Ravenor, im a chaos worshipper, not a loyalist
    They mapped for our sins: http://mapsofwar.info/
    Chocolate?

Nope that didnt work thanks for trying to help though. If anyone can offer some help i would appreciate it alot.
    Last edited by DeathwingFan; 6th Jul 10 at 7:16 PM.

That cave behind the fence in Kansas City.
    The mod is for an older version, and the code has probably changed far too much for it. You'll be very lucky to get it working if you have no coding experience what so ever.

Try taking a look at the rest of the thread and see if the small edits you can do'll work.

I was able to run it on 2.2.3 version. Although I had to mannually edit DOW.Module to make the game run it. But beware of bugs/ Some are minor and could be easily fixed, but some are not. I, for example, suffered crash upon entering the Array mission.

guys the problem is with the tuning.rbf file, I've extracted the 2 SGA files & added all the files together in a 2 folders "ui & simulation" & placed these two folders in the Data Folder in GameAssests, then I started the game with -dev mod & it crashed, so i deleted the file tuning.rbf & the game worked btw i didn't use brothers.ucs in the GameAssets\Locale\English Foldder

Is the FC supposed to have a squad?

In this mod ? Yes it is.
    Great Tactics come with great sacrifice.

Ia it working with 2.4 version ?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information