Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Brothers of the 4th Ver 1.5.1 {Campaign Mod Released 5/03/09 Updated 14/06/09}

What level Craft? and is it the same crash that would happen before I updated?
    KotCR I play only on primarch myself, which is where they become very overpowered as the general mobs became no threat. Instead I started to switch to using Thaddeus and jumping in with his suppression jump then having Tarkus in cover using taunt to keep the fire off Thadd.

Edit: nvm Craft I found it, plasma pistol was busted, so Thadd and Tarkus veteran melee will be currently broken.
    Last edited by Zetrial; 12th Jun 09 at 5:50 PM.
    Brothers of the 4th Dow 2 Mod

If I charge, charge with me
    If I fall, avenge me
    If I retreat, kill me

Was about to post but yea, Thaddeus is slightly broken :P. But very good mod so far Z.

Some cool suggestions if can be done. Any way to have the command squad equip jetpacks or teleport packs if the Commander is applied one?

Okay Thaddeus and Tarkus vet melee now fixed and working fine.
    I've thrown in the scar changes I have made and you will see a massive increase in the amount of enemies which is what I originally wanted but just changing squad size wasn't enough.
    I've tweaked health for marines and enemies and damage recieved so let me know how you guys find the balance. I think I'll need to adjust bosses to be a bit tougher though.

Jugger I would love to be able to do that, and did find the perfect way to do it a while back but it becomes impossible due to teleport packs being tied to the force commanders head and the only jump packs available have his or a beaked helmet. If we eventually manage to seperate them it will be one of the first things I impliment, until then they just have very good legs to jump that high.

ok i just wanted to post screenie but it seems the problem fixed itself
    nice work zetrial

Suggestion about bosses: I think you should rather change their damage output and make them more trickier to kill. But please dont up their health i stopped playing primarch because their health is so ridiculously high.

still crashes using thadeus in the mission into the hive

I do love this mod, makes the game far better.
    I am having crashing issues whenever using Thaddeus once he's level 8 or above.
    It's poetry. The poetry of war.

Well this is crashing for me, Ive leveled to 8 on my Commander, Tarkus, Thaddeus and Avitus (the squads im taking into battle), Cyrus is level 6. The mission im on is Lord of Wraiths, which is the second mission on Meridian where the objective is to kill the wraithlord at the end. The first mission for Meridian was to kill gens and a Prism Tank.

Anyway, I start Lord of Wraiths and I go to my right, set up tarkus and avitus on the cover there, fighting breaks out with the eldar up the steps, and every single time I have jumped Thaddeus onto the eldar on those steps the game crashes before they land.

Im 100% sure its to do with Thaddeus, I tried once more and left thaddeus at the back and pushed forward and cleared the eldar and then tried thaddeus jumping on another location (not the steps like before). They all jumped and *just* before the first ASM was to land the game freezes and crashes. I guess ill have to try Cyrus from now on. Seems like it could be to do with the landing effect, which hasnt caused any issues up to this point... but he did just level up to 8 so if theres an effect youve added at level 8 for him it could be whats causing the crashes.

Are my guys meant to be unkillable? I just played the first mission and my squads were on critical low health but waded through the ork army with no losses.

I just registered myself to applaude you. You are my new hero ^^

Seriously though, awesome job; i wish i'd know how to modify games myself like this.

One extra point, there is this mod for DoW 2, for multiplayer, where after you kill enemies or destroy their vehicles/walkers, they stay put; dead bodies all over the place and alot of wrecked machinery. (after which, the tanks etc have become part of the terrein> impassable) Could you perhaps add such flavor as well ?

Last but not least; is it possible for you to modify the game in such a way, that we, the players, can choose a color scheme for our campaign marines ?

Either way> again, you've got my respect and love :P

Hmm I'll take a look at Thaddeus again, the plasma pistol was busted which is what I thought it was, so I'll take another look to find out why.
    If I had to take a rough guess I'd say that it could be that there is no more power axe weapon family instead just power weapons or something.

Penitent on the first mission, yes your guys cannont die, that is in vanilla and never found anything to turn it off, but as it is a tutorial mission doesn't phase me too much.

Z405 I did have persistant bodies at one point but it lags the game far too much on certain missions, especially with larger squad sizes and can also make it a pain in the ass to see the enemy.
    As for the colour scheme I do have my own personal version itself that has it's own colour scheme but not everyone is me and would like that certain scheme so I don't include it. Leaving it able to be choosable by the end user leaves far too much work to be done as they'd need to pack an sga, modify the module file and so on for it.
    If you want a custom colour just extract the defaultchaptercolours.lua change it in there and add -dev to either the bat file or just in the steam launch options.

Edit: 1.5.1 is up now, it was that blasted plasma pistol still, seems I forgot to save or deleted the text file before I converted it back *shrugs*
    Last edited by Zetrial; 13th Jun 09 at 5:16 PM.

Great work, i was just about to mention that the game also crashes for me when Thaddeus reached lv8 and one of his members received the Plasma Pistol. Ow, and it might have been because i played the campaign on co-op, but when making Tarkus a melee squad, the game crashed as well. Could have been a coincidence; not sure. One minor extra detail> when equipping the Force Commander with a jump pack; his command squad is not supplied with one; they simply fly behind him. Would be nice if they received the visual appearance of jump packs as well

*edit (i didn't had the time to read the entire topic, but i see somebody else said something about the jump packs already)

"Z405 I did have persistant bodies at one point but it lags the game far too much on certain missions, especially with larger squad sizes and can also make it a pain in the ass to see the enemy."

Is it something that is quickly done or reinstated as you mentioned that you already did this. My pc can probably handle it and i would love to see those dead bodies and tanks everywhere. I'd understand if you can't be arsed to do it (again), but it would be SUPER awesome

"Leaving it able to be choosable by the end user leaves far too much work to be done as they'd need to pack an sga, modify the module file and so on for it. If you want a custom colour just extract the defaultchaptercolours.lua change it in there and add -dev to either the bat file or just in the steam launch options."

I had the idea maybe convert the army painter for multiplayer to the campaign or something; yet again, i have no clue about how much work i`m talking about

Btw thanks for the advise, i`ll go see if i can manage to get that to work.

*edit

"defaultchaptercolours.lua"

From where do i extract this file ?

Ps>

On making the bosses "tougher"> perhaps an interesting idea might be to let us be more randomly swarmed by minions, instead of just increasing dmg output and overal health for bosses. I completed the original game on primarch and i didn't really had alot of fun, because it was ridiculous how often you got one-shotted.

If you'd go on with the extra enemies helping the bosses, ranging from infantry to tanks/walkers, perhaps make it so, that even though the boss is destroyed> you'd still have to kill every enemy summoned by the boss, before the mission is considered "completed".

Just a thought though.

"Edit: 1.5.1 is up now, it was that blasted plasma pistol still, seems I forgot to save or deleted the text file before I converted it back *shrugs*"

Everything works fine now
    Last edited by Z405; 14th Jun 09 at 2:22 AM.

The game keeps crashing before opening the mission "Remains of the Dark Age". It freezes right after the cut-scene. Just thought i'd mention it. I can't complete the campaign now because it's a key mission; the one where the Force Commander receives his drop-pod item.

I hope i`m not the only one
    Last edited by Z405; 14th Jun 09 at 8:24 PM.

Gideon
    Flame resistance stat on armor comes up as $9110944 No Range

Gideon
    Explosive Resistance stat on armor comes up as $9110948 No Range.

My congratulations Zetial, DOW2 had lost its flavour for me after i played throught the single player campaign once and since theres no DLC in sight soon it was pretty much in the shelf, after i played ya mod its out and playing each day just to see the epicness... Good work.

Same problem as others when in the array mission screen goes black and doesnt load mission, i suspect scar error...
    Last edited by DarknessKnight; 16th Jun 09 at 6:27 PM.

Gideon
    I am having the same issue as Z405. The screen goes black after the little movie showing the array, and then nothing.

I already have the drop pod beacon from an earlier mission.

Found another bug at mission "secrets of angel forge" after deployament a fatal scar erro concerning Tarkus apears and the game is stuck... Ill try and get a print screen of the error in CS.

-at angel forge tarkus cannot be deployed with terminator armour
    -i havent tested but im 80% sure that the predator/razorback drop pod is causing the scar in the relay mission (simply unequip iT)

Im not equiped with that beacon and the relay missions doesnt load for me...

can't get the mod to work, tried for about a half and hour. I load the first mission of the campaign and as I select my units the game ctd. I tried following the installation notes in first post as well as read me and I couldn't launch the game, followed the ones posted by jcde and I was able to load the game however now i run into the same crash no matter what I do.

Any thoughts?

LlamaFarmer
    Loving the mod, Tons of fun.
    Was wondering if it works properly in co-op?
    I would assume me and mate would both need to be running the mod version for it to work if it does though.
    Couldn't see a mention about co-op in the OP so hope this hasn't already been covered somewhere i have missed.

Also I don't know if it's just me but the standard bearer in the Command Squad seems to constantly die in about half a second.
    Not sure if it's due to low hp or if it's a bug or intended.
    But i have actually given up on bothering to reinforce after losing him as he will always be the first to die in the next engagement anyway.

Apart from that i'm having a great time. Thanks!

Gideon
    @craft-star:

While I have all three drop pods available before the mission, I have none equipped. It locks up after the movie anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon
    @craft-star:

While I have all three drop pods available before the mission, I have none equipped. It locks up after the movie anyways.
    Try deleteing the pods. I have never experienced that bug so I cant think of anything else. Only thing I can think of is a script+mod conflict and the relay mission gives you the drop pods so..... but other than that I have no idea

Gideon
    I'll try that tonight, after I've made a backup of my saves.

Just played primarch in coop with this mod. TOTAL FREAKING AWSOMNESS

Now if only the achievments were attainable.

And some suggestions:
    -Vannila wargear that is indistructible should be destrouctable
    -Some uniqe wargear should be nice
    -Level cap could be raised (but than mobs should have some limitations because they get overpowered, but i think its hardcoded so if it is then i didnt say a thing.)

I've been enjoying this mod quite a bit, but got a campaign-ending error. I had done all the missions except the one where you fix the ancient communications array, so it was the only mission available in the system.

The cut scene woul play through, and then it would go to a black screen. It froze there, I let it sit for several minutes then ctrl+alt+del closed dow2. Tried again, no dice. Tried loading the campaign in un-modded dow2 to see if i can play through that way. The game crashed and I lost the campaign file somehow. It won't show up in-game.

Might be a bug with the mod, or might be the game itself as I've never replicated those conditions with a normal campaign. Just a heads up. Any idea how to recover my campaign though?

Ediy: just read a bit of the previous replies, and apparently it's a problem with the drop pods being equipped? Okay, well if I play through it again we'll see if it works.

Wow, because of these mod, i play Dow2 again

But i think the Mates of the FC are very weak, they die after 5 seconds in a fight..
    And can you make that the veterans of Tarkus gain new equipment, too? Because you have this upgrade after some levels and than this squad don´t change their weapons and armor and so on

The Force Commander side units are way to weak, and die long before the Commander himself.

I worked out the hp they had at the True enemy level, I think my FC was level 6, with most points stuck on hp line ( to try to get them to live ).

Here what I found:

Group HP: 1991
    HP left after one unit dies, 1914, Used a medpack to make sure.

This means the weakest of the two units has only 77 hp, that is what 2 weapon hits?

After the second guy died, leaving only the FC, the max hp was 1452, that with the other numbers gives the second guy 462 HP. This is more reasonable then 77 HP, but still a little low, but not by much.

I noticed that the current version has lot of out of range errors ( on the menu setting no less )

Also, the game is lagging a bit more then I expected on my desktop that has a Phentom 9850 x4, with 8 GB of ram, and a 8800GTS 640. The game lags on low when without this mod the game runs on max setting just fine, as well as the other mods I have used.

I don't recall it lagging before, so I think the lastest changes you made cause it, that or the out of range errors everywhere is.

LlamaFarmer
    Like others i am now stuck on the Array Mission.
    Which is a shame as been having lots of fun.
    Unable to delete the pred and razorback drop pod items so cant try that to fix it.

And as i said before and as the guy above me said teh FCs squad mates die far to fast to be worth bothering to reinforce.
    My FC has like 4400hp... the other 2 have about 800 a piece. They die almost instantly in most battles.
    I think this wouldn't be near such a big problem if the Invulnerability from To Victory effected them aswell. But i don't know how hard/if its possible to make that so.

dowshield2
    I managed to get around the Array Mission error by editing the module (Brothers of the 4th.module) file to remove reference to the brothersdata.sga as so =

Show Origional

To

Modified

You will need to have succesive archive.xx numbers also.

I did the mission and then changed back to the origional module file (Brothers of the 4th.module)

Download Link if you cant figure it out.
    ht*tp://rapidshare.*com/files/246848560/Bro_4_modules.rar
    only 3 kb, just remove the stars

I couldnt recycle the drop pods and there is no way to edit the save game so this is the only way I managed to do it.

I even tried the mod tools but this was by far the easiest.

For some reason I couldnt post the url but I presume this is a security feature of the forum I hope I do not offend by posting this.
    Last edited by dowshield2; 20th Jun 09 at 7:41 PM.

I'll try that and see if it works.

EDIT: Works, thanks.
    Last edited by Compeador; 22nd Jun 09 at 5:45 AM.

Have someone talked to Zetrial?

Some things I've noticed: chaff units do too much damage, bosses do hardly any, iron halo is useless, and you can be supressed while retreating. Not trying to sound whiny but this list is rather confusing to me.

Gideon
    I haven't had problems with chaff units in general, but the Tyranids with Barbed Stranglers are DOOM.

34. Modding Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #284
    A forgettable little corner of southwestern Kentucky
    After taking a break from mods to play vanilla co-op with a buddy of mine, I was playing Brothers of the 4th earlier today... this is still just about my favorite mod for DoW2. *smiles*
    I has a Blurb. And one of those Tweeter things.
    Quote Originally Posted by roflmao
    I'd run with a shotgun to go hijack a private airplane and fly to Belgium. Nothing interesting ever happens in Belgium, so there's definitely no zombie apocalypse there.

Okay, played through and the things I noticed:

Termagaunts and Barbed Stranglers do INSANE damage, even going through Thaddeus's and the FC's invuln times after jump and to victory. The also go through the mass invuln Rosarius.

Some members of the squads have pathetic HP, and die in the first second of any engagement unless Rally is used. Sometimes even then. Particularly a member of the Assault Squad and the lower HP member of the Command Squad.

The Predator does pathetic damage, needs a big buff. Same with the Razorback.

Can Terminator Armor be modified? If so, they need some kind of major armor/hp buff, bc it's really better just to go all normal armor with epic wargears.

Iron halo needs a big modifier buff to energy/damage ratios. It's pretty useless.

Cyrus's teleport homer for on-field reinforcements only reinforces to three members including Cyrus.

If there's going to be so much ridiculous massed suppression weaponry for the hordes, the squads need some kind of rally ability besides the banner on the FC.

And finally, the final mission has a fatal scar error when Gordian is talking about the Armageddon initiating self-destruct sequence.

Can you make that the Terminators are able to take normal weapons like energie swords or so on?

that would be nice, having the choice between a powerfist and a sword/axe/etc.

Zetrial, I mean no offence, but could you please tell me which files make the enemy squads in the campaign bigger?

I'm using a private fusion of your mod and the Squad Mod 1.7 with a few files from the Campaign mod (Sorry, but I like the FC alone, as both command squads tend to die like flies).
    I like your Assault squad better, but I also prefer the Squad mod Devastators (with lascannon instead of plasma).

EDIT: Ignore my question please. I found a way to get the FC to be a one man squad again and I also fixed back the Blind grenades to flashbang. It's super now
    Last edited by DeusImperator; 26th Jun 09 at 2:25 PM.

The Astronomic Array mission does not starts properly. After playing the video, the screen becomes a black blank screen.

-- Starting Mission SCAR --
    FOUND CAMPAIGN QUEST
    PC: Mission added.
    QUEST: QuestType:
    QUEST: Quest is Primary.
    QUEST: We dont have primary yet... Setting this one to primary
    QUEST: Quests:SetupPlayers()
    QUEST: Using default player setup for quest:
    QUEST: Quests:Initial()
    PC: scar is go
    SCAR Init: Setting Up Regions
    PC: Initialize Regions starting
    QUEST: GetMarkerName
    PC: Looking for player markers mkr_sm_spawn
    PC: CHECK 1: N = 0
    PC: Region: city Assigned to enemy
    QUEST: Quests:InitializeRegions()
    PC: Discovery system initiating.
    PC: Initialize Regions complete
    SCAR Init: Searching for Stratagems
    World Entities: 1645
    SCAR Init: Starting Quests
    QUEST: Quests:Start()
    done RecoverData_InitializeObjective
    done Lictor_InitializeObjective
    done Extract_InitializeObjective
    done AccessRuins_InitializeObjective
    Player* cannot be nil!
    -- FATAL SCAR Error! --
    Invalid parameter 2 (type expected=Player*, received=nil) in function Squad_CreateAndSpawnToward
    Lua ScarUtil.scar Ln 619 (Util_CreateSquads)
    Lua TheRescue.scar Ln 80 (Start)
    Lua Quests.scar Ln 173 (Start)
    Lua ProceduralBackend.scar Ln 263 (Rule_StartMeUp)
    Lua ProceduralBackend.scar Ln 119 ((null))

-- FATAL SCAR Error! --
    FATAL Scar Error calling init function <>. Execution has been terminated!
    -- Shutting Down Mission SCAR --
    Last edited by DeusImperator; 2nd Jul 09 at 12:41 PM.

Will installing this mod interfere witht he ability to play vanilla multiplayer?

The Astronomic Array mission does not starts properly. After playing the video, the screen becomes a black blank screen.
    I had this too in my mod. Fixed it by removing the mission's .lua file from my mod
    Last edited by Snipyr; 9th Jul 09 at 10:23 AM.

veteran162
    When I run the .bat file it just gives me an error message. Is it becausee I have 1.4 beta?

Yes it is: the mod needs updating now. Cope's updated his and it is currently working.
    One day I shall redeem my STRAWMAN
    DoW2 Apocalypse
    Community Map Pack
    The Gods Of War

Archangel000
    Well I was wondering how would one spawn wargear from this mod

originally it's:
    World_DropWargearAtPosition(Game_GetLocalPlayer(), "wargear\\wargear\\campaign\\playable\\race_marine\\<your wargear hear>", Misc_GetCameraPos())

but now how would one do it?
    Please help

(Random off topic: whenever I start game w/ my own campaign wargear it crashes what am I doing wrong?)
    Last edited by Archangel000; 8th Jul 09 at 2:05 PM.

Fenrir
    Mod V.1.5.1

As DeusImperator

The Astronomic Array mission does not starts properly. After playing the video, the screen becomes a black blank screen
    # 289

And I don'y know how to
    Fixed it by removing the mission's .lua file from the mod
    # 291

Thank you for the help and sorry for my bad langage
    Last edited by Fenrir; 9th Jul 09 at 6:53 AM. Reason: Add Version mod

Goostmaster
    Does anybody else get a fatal scar error at the battle where we meet up with tarkus (left behind in the previous battle) to stop ork looters at Angel gate?

Because its pretty annoying, so if anyone could help, that'd be great.

Other than that excellent mod

Quote Originally Posted by Goostmaster
    Does anybody else get a fatal scar error at the battle where we meet up with tarkus (left behind in the previous battle) to stop ork looters at Angel gate?

Because its pretty annoying, so if anyone could help, that'd be great.

Other than that excellent mod
    dont give tarkus terminator armour

Thanks, the removing of the mission's lua works fine for me. I had to remove the Last Stand and the Astronomic Array.

I downloaded and played a bit of the mod a few minutes ago. I generally like what I see. I think Ill hold off a bit until some of these problems are resolved. I am confused about some things though, particularily relating to the drop pods.

There are 2 now , one a Predator and the other a Razorback? I never really thought the drop pod to be useful in vanilla so its good to see it updated. But perhaps the ability to reinforce from it should be removed. Instead they should bring down a squad of marines (I'd imagine them being like normal tactical marines except not cant be ressurected). Perhaps later on in the game they can be replaced with terminators.

I would really love to see more RTS in the campaign. On the extreme end perhaps units shouldnt be replenished for free (a cost like in multi). Make em tough but make em valuable as well.

I hate those pre-placed orbital uplinks. They kill map dynamics imo. I think there should be an item which lets you deploy them yourself where you want them (limited to 2-3 tops, destroyable).

I'd love to see this become a total campaign conversion.
    "A million monkeys typing on a million typewriters will never produce Shakespeare. The Internet is proof of that."

Ishin Onigami
    alright, kind of new to this, so here we go. time for some newb questions.

i have never used a mod before (shocking, i know, but hey i mostly am a console player), and as such i am unsure how to install these. i tried to install but nothing happened. i realize its probably been said before, but what is the EXACT process for installing the mod?

do i need some other program to use it? i recall seeing something about an sga converter, do i need that to install?

Sorry about the stupid random questions.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information