FrontDiscussionsChatRulesFAQLoginRegister
Talk Incoherently / Pet Peeves
<<1234567>>
AuthorMessage
bfun
December 7, 2006 - 10:12:28am (edit: 12/7/06 - 10:12am)1 of 61
 Login
Pet Peeve #1.
I hate it when someone asks me for something but they aren’t ready for the answer. Example.

Person1: What’s the phone number?
Person2: It’s 555….
Person 1: Wait wait, let me get a pen.

Or

Person 1: What’s the web address?
Person2: www….
Person1: Wait wait, let me open a browser.

It's like they don't expect you to have the answer.

Pet Peeve #2.
People who don’t use the left hand turn lane.

For what ever reason these people want to make a left turn but they wont go into the left hand turn lane. Instead they block the through lane while they wait to turn left. Sometimes they will realize that they should use the turn lane and they will make a half assed effort to move over. This usually results in both lanes being blocked.
Quaid
December 7, 2006 - 11:43:25am2 of 61
To: bfunLogin
My pet peeve is people who complain about pet peeves.
khaid
December 7, 2006 - 12:22:34pm3 of 61
To: bfunLogin
Have you ever had someone ask you a question, and as you answer it, they cut you off and ask you their next question?

I LOVE IT!
bfun
December 7, 2006 - 12:33:39pm4 of 61
To: QuaidLogin
I think I’ve been here too log. When I was making this thread I actually new you would say that.
monsly
January 11, 2007 - 10:56:13am (edit: 1/11/07 - 10:56am)5 of 61
 Login
I've just been reminded of a pet peeve by someone on another forum; He keeps using abbreviations for games ALL THE TIME. I'm getting fed up with googling the various games he decides to shorten, the lazy swine. I wouldn't mind if it was obvious like Z:OoT or GoW but he's doing on stuff like Test Drive now. Pah.
one_grim_reaper
January 11, 2007 - 11:03:37am6 of 61
To: monslyLogin
You ahve no one to blame but yourself, what you get for using another forum!
bfun
January 11, 2007 - 11:53:37am7 of 61
To: monslyLogin
I will do that sometimes but I try to spell it out at least once if it’s not a well known game. Example.

I love that Wacky Wheel Racers From the Planet Mars game! WWRFTPM is the best!
MustangSVT
January 11, 2007 - 12:23:35pm8 of 61
 Login
Hmm my pet peeves:

- people who brake way too early. They gonna take a right turn and start braking like 200m before it and by the time they get to the turn they're going like 10km/h, it just annoys me so much

- people who go under the speed limit (excluding icy conditions or other bad road conditions in which case I'd understand)

- noobs in Live For Speed who don't what blue flag means (when you're being lapped) and it's always when in i'm first place and some retard who's being lapped doesn't want to move over

- people who complain that high school is hard, it's sooo easy

- retarded questions from my mother. Example we're watching Superman Returns with that first scene with Lex Luthor and that old woman says "Lex Luthor" before she dies right, and he goes out and it shows Kevin Spacey and my mom is like "is that superman?". Doh.
andrewc513
January 11, 2007 - 12:30:34pm9 of 61
 Login
My dad's phone calls. He'll call up to ask a simple question, then we shoot the shit for a while. Once he's done talking, he doesn't end the conversation. He just pauses. Silence. Dead silence. I've had calls with him when literally 2 minutes would pass by, with no talking whatsoever... if I try to end the conversation, he'll just repeat the last question he asked, even though he knows damn well what was said before. Then more silence. I don't understand this funny old man...
VampireHunterDan
January 11, 2007 - 3:30:52pm10 of 61
 Login
When ur in a public restroom taking a leak, someone walks in pisses, and leaves. Its like you man, come on wash your hands. Then if your at a bar club whatever its fun to see guys with there hands all over a gal, and I can laugh to myself. But yea, im down with hand sanitation, those that arn't cause me to have a pet peeve...
View Printable
<<1234567>>
Talk Incoherently / Pet Peeves