DC 1.2 - AI player locking up?

Dehumanizer

DC 1.2 - AI player locking up?

I like to play against AI players with my friends (on hamachi). But we can't play with them anymore. They're just locking up. They build barracks, cap 3-4 sp, build lp1, send some cappers (scouts, cultists, choppaz etc.) to attack and... Do nothing more. They just sit doing nothing for the rest of game. If we kill their cappers, they don't build more. If we destroy barracks, they don't rebuild it. If we kill builders, guess what - they aren't making new. It can happen on every map, with and without AI mod, with or without DCXP mod, no matter who will make the game. And not always all AI players are locking up, sometimes it's just one AI player, sometimes all. But in 3vs3 and 4vs4 always at least one comp AI is bugged. And it looks like it started to happen on 1.2 patch... On 1.1 I don't recall anything like that.

Anyone knows a solution for this bug? And thanks in advance for any help.

PS. Sorry for my english, it's not my native language

Orkz_masta
    I'm too experiencing this bug... It's annoying, It takes a few game restarts to finally get it to work for ONE game argh...

Do you have any replays you could produce to display the AI's odd behaviour? What Map ? Furthermore what difficulty was the AI set on?

From my own experience certain races are alot stronger as AI than others; most notably Space Marines.

Anyway, moving to Bug Submissions.

Dehumanizer
    Quote Originally Posted by GroundZero
    Do you have any replays you could produce to display the AI's odd behaviour? What Map ? Furthermore what difficulty was the AI set on?
    It can happen on any difficulty and any map. I will try to reproduce this bug and post the replay.

Quote Originally Posted by GroundZero
    From my own experience certain races are alot stronger as AI than others; most notably Space Marines.
    But staying at tier1 for the whole length of game?

mull37
    This is a problem I experience on a regular basis as well. In the event the computer actually does something, they simply mass tier 1 units (nothing but tactical marines, sluggas, etc). Frequently, they will start out with a strong initial attack, as an insane AI usually does, but once that is defeated they simply turtle but fail to upgrade past tier 1. It should be noted this occurs on any difficulty, even insane, and really hampers the game experience.

edit: Just played against space marine, they tried to mass apothecaries...and nothing else.
    Last edited by mull37; 20th Jun 07 at 8:22 PM.

Tanzire
    I've just had the same exact problem in a Skirmish game where I was just learning a map before I went online to help teach my signifigant other how to play Dawn of War: Dark Crusade.

The Tau just ran at me with a group of those flying Kroot things, a squad of Firewarriors, and it's Commander. After easily killing them (They just repeatedly kept firing at a upgraded listening post, not my troops that defended it ), they did nothing else.

I built a Baneblade and found their base. Just one Path of Enlightment, the Tau Barracks, the HQ, and 3 Power Generators. No captured requisition points or anything. I even poked at the HQ with the Baneblade and a Basilisk.. No attempt to defend. Pretty weird.

I've been playing many games against insane AI and have found this problem constantly. AI will only build barracks and tier 1 troops which makes the game tedious.

Is there any word on what makes this happen or how to avoid it since it was discovered many years ago?

Thread Information