Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

The Squad Mod 2.5 for DoW2 v2.2 & CR v2.3[Updated 01/09/2010]

Thanks for the positive feedback, the problem with making sga's for it now is that there are various options for the player to mix 'n' match so there would have to be an sga for every option, easily double figures!

I'm workin on another update now as i've found loads more campaign scar file preset squad sizes, these have already been changed, so (fingers crossed) all missions will have max squads now.

I've added two more rbfs for the chaplain terminator helmet mod, thanks to s2r222 for mentioning this. So you will be able to choose termie ranged weapons with the helmet, & i'm going to have a look at adding a librarian type of unit to the command squad who will use a two-handed hammer.
    Remember.... no matter where you go, there you are.

add an Libarian ? With Eldar power ? Or just a replacement for Angelos 2 handed ?

or : replace it wiv da powah of da Waaagh. (Gorb)
    "They're not blue coloured Blood Ravens, they're Ultramarines."(jaylo138)

I've now updated the mod to 1.8.2, see first post.
    As usual you will need to start a new campaign,

Here's a few screenies of the Librarian:

Last edited by jaylo138; 11th Aug 09 at 6:55 PM.

He looks splendid.
    But what is his role ? Did he get psionic power ? A Libarin have to do so^^

btw: this helmet looks awesome for the chaplain , maybe you can make one like this :
    http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/j...rrent=Chap.jpg
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=220740

As it says in the readme he has pyschic blast.
    I will pm Kelembribor about including his chaplain head as an alternate for my chaplain.

yeah..i´m always ask before i read.........^^
    It´s hard to go page one before i react.....
    And others...plz dont update every 2 days...i´m boring about the first 5 missions^^
    As Kelembribor is banned and not on since 19th of july, he gave his work free in a-one-of-all dl,also he supposed that his work is for mods !
    As i´m not figured out what face the Liabarin use,may be there is alternativ one too. Should look different, like the chaplain too. Thx for listening.

Iv'e downloaded his textures & will put up a separate mod shortly that puts his chaplain head on my chaplains, as he has stated that they are a modders resource.

GREAT ! And your Libarian have a nice altered faace too !
    So he use lvl4 avitus (dont know the english word) breast ?
    If you make this happen,then i suggest you can go with a other one too ?
    I love your details,looks there is a lot of work soon^^
    edit: the "blast" works as an single shoot like cayres sharpshoot, but dont need them.The FC is taht strong now,he killed the tower in mission 1 without a grenade from Tarkus^^
    The FC looks atm a litle "cheap" at the start.Sourronded by 4 stars^^^
    http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5976/relic00423.jpg

I will have a look at all his textures & decide what to implement.
    The early tutorial missions will always be easy.
    Wait until later, on primarch, you will definately need them.

Whatever....i wont believe that this "little" update make so such difference. Great job,indeed.
    As i change defcolour,i ve seen the Libarian wear BLUE...makes him moore unique.
    http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2526/relic00429.jpg
    btw: there is a lvl5 breast (chest ?) from Tarkus,called Vandea. This one has it own design, you should have a look on this. Didnt know if its to much equal to the chaplain.
    http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8046/relic00428.jpg
    http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3806/relic00427.jpg
    Another day in paradies^^

My chaplain already uses the base Armour of Vandea model.
    Thanks Koko for letting me know about Kelembribor's textures.

I've just put up a mod which puts Kelembribors chaplain head on my chaplain. Download it in first post.
    Last edited by jaylo138; 10th Aug 09 at 10:23 AM.

I'm improving the librarian texture at the moment, nearly finished, just a couple of little changes.
    Then i'll be adding a handful of Kelembribors textures which will need me to add more custom wargear, so don't go to far into the campaign as a restart will be needed, sorry.

IMBA! can't wait for the next update to start a campaign! =)

btw have u any plans to make Kasrkin more useful on primarch? smth like making them a squad equally to the SM ones. smth like they'll replace any squad when we replace some files here and there like we do for apoth aura or chaplain helms etc.

How do you fix the lack of a body for most o the squad leaders: Thule, FC, Avitus, Tarkus, and Thaddeus

After going through the rest of Kelembribor's textures i found most of them to be too busy, so in the end i used only two more, the lightning texture for the librarians two-handed hammer & a blonde Farseer.

As for the Librarian i moved the book from his right shoulder & put it on his right thigh & put a horned skull on his right shoulder which i think is what should go there.
    It should be save compatible as i didn't add any new wargear, just edited existing ones.

@miketwistam
    To be honest i added them as flavour to go along with the vehicle drop pods & as their not very customizable i doubt if i'll be doing anything else with them.

@BattleBrotherMo
    Apart from the Techmarine & Apothecary, which are all in one models, the wargear armours are the body's for the units.
    Last edited by jaylo138; 11th Aug 09 at 2:50 PM.

So how do you fix it, the horned skull makes a nice addition I didn't know which was the librarian.

What do you mean "how do you fix it". What exactly are you trying to do?

So hopefully this doesn't sound like too much, but is there any way to give the Librarian a helmet too? If there isn't that's fine too, it's still a bloody fantastic mod.

sorry about that, the squad leaders I mentioned: Thule, FC, Avitus, Tarkus, and Thaddeus, don't have bodies and no matter what armor I put them in it never changes.

@unnownrelic
    There isn't really a helmet at the moment to do the Librarian justice, so i won't be changing it.

@BattleBrotherMo
    You specify what head to use under the render_models ext in the armour files

Code:
     | | render_models: { 
    | | | render_model: "art\race_marine\troops_wargear\armour\power_armour_of_chapln\power_armour_of_vandea";
    | | | render_model: "art\race_marine\troops_wargear\heads\gabriel_head_nobackpack\gabriel_head_nobackpack";
    | | | render_model: "art\race_marine\troops_wargear\accessories\iron_halo_laurels_of_hadrian\iron_halo_laurels_of_hadrian";
    | | | render_model: "art\race_marine\troops_wargear\armour_items\pow_scales_of_salamander\pow_scales_of_salamander";
    | | | render_model: "art\race_marine\troops_wargear\armour_items\pow_merciless_truth\pow_merciless_truth";
    | | };
    Then enter the armour wargear in the units ebps file under the wargear ext:

Code:

| wargear_ext: { 
    | | $REF: "entity_extensions\wargear_ext"; 
    | | default_wargear: { 
    | | | wargear: "wargear\wargear\campaign\playable\race_marine\sm_wp2_powerfist_chap"; 
    | | | wargear: "wargear\wargear\campaign\playable\race_marine\sm_wp1_plasma_pistol_chap"; 
    | | | wargear: "wargear\wargear\campaign\playable\race_marine\sm_wp1_plasma_gun_chap"; 
    | | | wargear: "wargear\wargear\campaign\playable\race_marine\sm_arm_power_armour_chap"; 
    | | | wargear: "wargear\wargear\campaign\playable\race_marine\sm_acc_space_marine_vet_backpack_chap"; 
    | | | wargear: "wargear\wargear\campaign\playable\race_marine\sm_wp2_twohanded_hammer_chap"; 
    | | }; 
    | };

Hm...i dont agree with the changes to the Libarian.
    I´ll remember the skull with horns is similar toa bagde of a SM Chapter, called the Exorcists.
    Plz,watch this : http://wh40k.ei8ht.net/
    Second...the "new" ligthning is a colour like torquise-it dosent fits blue ,until u change the colour of the chest to tourquise too.
    I like the book on the shoulder, makes him similar to the Grey Knights. But thats only my taste^^
    I´m always looking for good contrasts and harmony,so tourquise fits black very well,but in the case of blue its like poison.So i´m going with the one before.

Yup, the Exorcists' badge is a horned demon skull.

Okay, Im having a hard time decpyhering the install instructions from the read me. All I need to do is to drag and drop into the /gameassets folder, right? Or do I need to make a seprate folder?

Thanks.

You´r right.Which means also not compatible with any other mod.

Ahh ok, I guess a fresh install is in order. Thanks again....Looking forward to playing this mod again!

Still having great fun with this. OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD SO MANY NIDS.

Librarian looks badass but tbh I'm not starting a new game just to get him, been playing the first misssions repeatedly with various mods so blaaaah.
    Knife King of Doltland

I'm not surprised. Anything within three feet of you seems to end up full of knife shaped holes.

Are there any plans to add some more abilities to squads? Like adding Suppressive Fire to Tarkus or Iron Halo Shield to Thadeus etc? that'll be a very nice addition! since right now they have very few abilities. thanks!

To Jaylo138

Your mod is ROCK !!! Awsome to see some spark rib out orc head in normal difficult game.

But there is something not so good when I play in primarch difficult game.

I end up see that spark just tickle Ork and Orc coming in 10 number more, to crush my FC squad down very easy.

And as someone said above, Imperial Guard in primarch difficult game just like a goblin with pea shooter in first DoW, what a sad. (T-T")

ps. I found some joke with this mod in primarch difficult when I play second mission.

At start, Cyrus said "Coming out of stealth" but what await him is full-arm&armor 10 big orc(nob squad) and I need to wait him to shot all that nobs for like 15-20 second then game go on.

I LOL that, with the fact of if that nobs can shoot back I will mission fail by even not playing it. (>o<)

Edit :

To Jaylo138, again

I got an idea ! About Librarian helmet.

Since you didn't delete \heads\space_marine_chp_nobackpack folder.(old chaplain head folder)

You can recolor and retexture it, make the black color part to be blue one, make a "blood drop with wing" symbol at forehead

Then you got 1 Blood Reven's Librarian helmet, Yeah !

ps. I just want to put old unuse file into good use thing. (OwO)b
    Last edited by trintong; 11th Aug 09 at 1:53 PM. Reason: I got some idea!

I've worked a little bit more on the Librarian texture & made his knee pads, elbow pads & the palms\back of his hands gold.
    I forgot to permanently colour the area around the top of the armour where the studs are, as this was on the accessories texture, now fixed.
    His hammer texture was a little too blue so i've lightend the lightning streaks on it to almost white now.
    The horned skull on his right shoulder has also been made whiter.
    This type of badge is supposed to be the symbol of the librarium & is worn on the right shoulder, if i'm wrong would someone in the know please correct me.
    To all those who don't like it remember it's a badge & not part of the armour texture so if you want the book, which is in the download as well, just rename it & put it in the badges folder.

@miketwistam
    I want to keep the squads as diverse as poss, duplicating abilites to other leaders would make them too similar.

@trintong
    As i've only just done the librarian i havn't had time to fully test out his blast ability. I will look into it but bear in mind I've doubled the damage already from the original pvp file.

If someone could make a helmet texture that surpasses the detail on Thule's head (look at pic above) then i will consider putting it on the librarian, other than that it stays as it is.

I don't know what files you are using trintong but the orcs at the begining of mission 2 are the weakest possible, not nobs. The mission cut scene can't even finish until their all dead, so you cant fail it.
    Last edited by jaylo138; 12th Aug 09 at 1:50 PM.

Hmm, what am I doing wrong? I put the whole DL in the /gameassests w/ the -dev command at the end. When I start up the game...its default. Does it go into /assests/data folder?

The mod goes in the "GameAssets" folder.
    When you add "-dev" to the end of your shortcut are you putting a space before the "-", as you need to.

You do have a legitimate version of the game, right?

Yes, I have a legit copy. Ive played this version 1.3 of this mod...so I know it works....gonna make sure its all where its supposed to be.

Ive put all the files into the /gameassets folder itself and when I boot up, I have the regular FC and Tac squad.

Also, I was just rereading through the readme....does this all go into the Data folder?
    Last edited by InquisitorEbola; 11th Aug 09 at 5:18 PM.

So you have copied the "Data" & the "Locale" folders to "dawn of war 2\GameAssets" & put "-dev" at the end of your orig shortcut with a space.

I did, but when I looked into the data folder, I still had the previous mods that I have tried installed in it.. So I am doing a fresh install (again) and hopefully this fixes the problem. Thanks for help and I love the mod.

All you needed to do is delete all folders except "Movies" inside your "Data" game folder then copy mine over & delete any mod sga's.

Fresh install. Only movies folder in Data. Added the -Dev at the End of the app line. Transferred all files over to /GameAssests, or do the do they go in /GameAssets/Data?

Everything in the mod's data folder goes in the /Gameassets/Data folder. Everything in the Locale folder goes in /Gameassets/Locale.

I do not have folders, all I have is a misc. collection of files. I downloaded from the link but all I have is a laundry list of files....thats probably whats messing me up.

Whoa. Yeah, that would make it pretty difficult to do.

Sounds like it's an extraction issue then. Does the archive have all the files in folders or are they all just listed there too?

SO how does this stack up compared to Brothers of the 4th? I'm not looking to see which is betetr, just wana know what major differences there are.

Also how do I get them to be blood ravens again? the Shiny Smurfs is getting irksome.
    Last edited by Eihger; 12th Aug 09 at 12:29 AM.

What do you mean how to get them to be blood ravens again? If you mean you want to revert the ultramrines colours to blood ravens, you can simply edit the default chapter colours file in data>config.

Librarian / Scriptor - You are right, a horned skull is sign of a librarian.
    http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/mediawiki/...4._Edition.jpg
    http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Librarian

edit: Question: Is it possible to change the member in FC at their positions ? I want the apo + the bearer at back - the chaplain + librarian in front^^
    Last edited by KOKO; 12th Aug 09 at 7:39 AM.

I just have a listing of files. I would post a pic, but Im using a work computer atm. I have tried redownloading the mod from both sources, but I still have just the files. No folders or the like. Dunno why its doing that. Ain't technology grand?

InquisitorEbola:
    What zip program are you using to unzip the files? Winzip? Winrar? 7z?

There should be an option to unzip with folders intact. maybe its not ticked for some reason on your copy?

Thanks Mordecai. That solved the problem. Mod works excellent now. Thanks to everyone who helped getting this mod working .

Jian Jian Do I need any specific tools to convert the data, or just convert to text document and change it there?

The "defaultchaptercolours" file is an ".lua" so it can be edited with any text editor, but don't use notepad, use wordpad. You need to edit the colours under the first entry(SM_Bloodravens)

eg:

primaryColourName = "Metallic Blue",
    secondaryColourName = "Metallic Blue",
    tintColourName = "Abyss Orange",
    extraColourName = "Abyss Orange",

The names of the colours are displayed in the army painter in game & must be put in with capitals & spaces.
    Last edited by jaylo138; 4th Nov 09 at 11:07 AM.

thank you, but why not use notepad? Aren't they the same?

Because notepad messes with the file in some way & the only colour your units show up with is black.

I've updated the mod to 1.8.3, this little update adds, among other things, the Librarian & Chaplain to the front of the command squad.

Download in first post, should be save compatible as no new wargear was added.
    Last edited by jaylo138; 12th Aug 09 at 1:53 PM.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information