Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast

The Squad Mod 2.5 for DoW2 v2.2 & CR v2.3[Updated 01/09/2010]

The Squad Mod 2.5 for DoW2 v2.2 & CR v2.3[Updated 01/09/2010]

This is a mod for the single player campaign.
    It adds to marine squads, enemy squads, boss damage, creates a command squad for the FC, adds drop pod troops inclu Imperial Guard. All of this plus more is designed to make the campaign experience more varied, enjoyable & challenging to play.

NOTE: Unless i specifically state that a campaign restart is required, updates will be save game compatible.

Legal Stuff

As i havn't added anything Chaos Rising specific to the original campaign you do not need Chaos Rising to download this, but obviously you will need Chaos Rising to see the expansion campaign changes that are included in the mod.

2.5 Version

It's finally here, a workable version.

Notice to all: delete the tuning.lua found in the "Data\campaign" folder & the campaign.scar found in the "Data\simulation\scar\proceduralcontent" folder if you have them, they're from 2.4 & cause errors.

Don't forget to download the fix file, fixes & small changes will be put into there as the main download is over 100mb now. Check for latest version.

Original campaign

It should be working as before but due to the huge amount of files i had to go through & the modding of the CR campaign it isn't fully tested.

There are a few changes like a proper devastator lascannon, lightning claws, turrets upgrading to missiles & a lascannon predator.

Chaos Rising campaign

Most of the changes i made to the original should be here as well.
    The main difference apart from all the extra abilities CR gives your hero's is of course corruption.
    As this hardly shows at all what i have done is change the corrupted armour wargear & some of the weapons to chaos looking models.

The amour is the full aspiring champion look including the head which is intermixed with the normal hero heads. I had to do it this way as chaos shoulder guards are attached to the heads.
    The chaos weapon models that have similar animations are used which means weapons like the chaos autocannon & lascannon are excluded.

In order to stop commander items like banners, halo's & teleporter packs from obscuring the chaos backpack i've made duplicates of the CR ones that don't use models, they are marked as such. These are to be used with corrupted armour so they won't spoil the look, all bonus's still apply.

At the 2nd corruption level(8 points) the power armour squadmates of Tarkus, Avitus & Thaddeus will change to epic looking chaos marines.

I have created duplicate model files for the chaos models used for corruption & set team colouring to match normal marines so they won't look odd. I have also changed some of the chaos team coloring with additional files thanks to Hanger 8.

As i havn't got a finished save from the Squad Mod original campaign i havn't been able to test the CR start with a level 30 savegame, but in lieu of it working correctly the wargear minus level drop is now -10.

Versions for use with "-dev" (includes alternative files)

Mediafire:
    Squad Mod 2.5

Filefront
    Squad Mod 2.5

Download this fix rar as well & place where the readme says, overwriting all files.

Mediafire
    Fix1.7

Filefront
    Fix1.7

Versions for use with "co-op" (outdated at present 2.5 to follow when bugs are fixed & adjustments made)

With help from & thanks to DeusImperator i have made 2 sga versions of the mod for use in co-op, a standard one & the other with the white helmets mod.

Squad Mod 2.4 sga

Squad Mod 2.4 White Helmets sga

This is the full readme

ReadMe

Here are some screenshots of the mod for your viewing pleasure

Imperial Guard units:

Last edited by jaylo138; 30th Oct 10 at 7:17 AM.
    Remember.... no matter where you go, there you are.

Looks cool. I am going to try it. However, a question. Isn't the enemies gonna outscale you at higher levels? (since max lv. is 100)

Your probably not going to get higher than say 25-30 & although wargear stops at 20, there's higher stats, better weapons for your squad members & increased squad sizes.

I hav'nt done anything with Thaddeus' power armour squad yet, so i may add weapons to those.

I just noticed there is like 40 packs of Wings of Shrike in the inventory. Unique level 20 jetpack Guess they make it easy exp if you want to sell them all.

That's actually all the epic wargear + pre-order wargear in that saved game, although it's not in the mod.
    Most of the stuff is level 20 so it cant be used until then.

Steam ID: mirageknight
    For squad leaders in Terminator Armour, may I suggest equipping them with Storm Bolters and Power Swords with a faster attack?

Nice job btw - the extra accessory slots are a nice touch

@Mirage Knight

I'm having trouble adding units to the FC, i wanted to have a small command squad with the Apothecary & Techmarine, but when i add them the FC has 2 identical assault marines that change armour with the FC.

Code:
    | squad_loadout_ext: {
    | | $REF: "squad_extensions\squad_loadout_ext";
    | | max_leaders: 0;
    | | squad_type: "force_commander";
    | | terminator_mode_sbp: "sbps\campaign\playable\race_marine\troops\sm_terminator_force_commander";
    | | unit_list: {
    | | | squad_loadout_unit_entry: {
    | | | | $REF: "squad_loadout_unit_entry";
    | | | | max: 1;
    | | | | num: 1;
    | | | | type: "ebps\campaign\playable\race_marine\troops\sm_force_commander";
    | | | };
    | | | | type: "ebps\campaign\playable\race_marine\troops\sm_tactical_marine_t1_larry";
    | | | };
    | | | | type: "ebps\campaign\playable\race_marine\troops\sm_tactical_marine_t2_willy";
    | | | };
    | | | | type: "ebps\campaign\playable\race_marine\troops\sm_scout_marine";
    | | | };
    | | | | type: "ebps\campaign\playable\race_marine\troops\sm_apothecary_gordian";
    | | | };
    | | };
    | };
    Assault marines & apothecary looks identical, but apothecary very, very strong. at level 20 he has 8k hp.

I started a new campaign, Thaddeus squad is at 3 members, not 5. And Tarkus squad doesn't reinforce to full strength when taking a casualty. :\

cade_wells
    this is great it works a treat! one thing i lost a few members of some squads and they don't get reinforced...... it only goes back to the orginal unit size

in command squad dont forget veteran melee marine

Sorry about that, i forgot to put thaddeus's rbfs in
    Fixed reinforcing as well, i was trying to jiggle unit loadout_ext so the new weapons would be seen on the marine to the right of the leader in the squad screen, but you cant have two single entries for the same unit, oh well.

Fixed version uploaded.

khronosforce
    jaylo how you changed the textures of the campaign ravens? because i'm tired of the normal red textures

guiyunzi
    jaylo138, i downloaded your mod and play for a while, now i got error at missison of angel forge(the mission after secured angel gate):

fatal scar error - execution paused

SGroup_GetSpawnedSquadAt: Invalid
    Spawned SquadGroupObs index 1
    lua AngelForge_objReliquary.scar
    Ln 644 (Reliquary_tarkusReallyWorking)

-----------------------------------------------
    it seems about modified pop of TSM squad?

Is this error when the map starts? Does tarkus appear on his own.

I hav'nt actually got that far & i don't really know much about scar.

dont wear terminator armor when doing that mission, there is no way to get past that mission "with" tarkus wearing terminator armor, so that means ya need him without terminator armor in the 1st mission for angel forge already

guiyunzi
    oh, no! i already passed Angel Gate ,i cant go back to try it.

The link keep looping me around to the main page of filefront, I'm not doing something wrong am I?

Nevermind it was just being screwy.

Nothing is free, not even revenge. - Kain

I did'nt put "sm_terminator_tarkus_only.rbf" into the squad folder, its now in so redownload & i hope that fixes it.

@Vrugar Gutslice

Its working again.

jaylo if ya mean the "didnt put "sm_terminator_tarkus_only.rbf" as the solution for that scar error, that wont work

Looks like THQ are not going to try and fix this

community.dawnofwar2.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=12522&hilit=angel+forge

Issue: Crashes and Fatal Scar errors on Angel Forge mission
    Details: Users experience crashes and fatal scar errors when playing the Angel Forge mission blocking them from completing it
    Workarounds: None
    Info Needed: There is a log file named "scarlogs" in user's My Docs -> My Games -> DoW2 -> Logfiles. After experiencing a Scar error, please e-mail this log file to dow2bugs@relic.com! If you experience a crash instead of a scar error, please send your warnings.log and dxdiag.
    Status: Closed. Most of these reports have been due to save files started on version 1.0 (impossible on retail) or due to user-created mods breaking the campaign code.

When I open my .sav in notpad, I have managed to find the lines with Tarkus terminator armour but any attempt I make to change them for anything else results in a game crash every time you go to open the savegame (Anyone attempting this must make sure they back up their file first)

guiyunzi
    i downloaded the new version of mod, and it's not working! it seems that i have to open a new campaign, and remember to remove terminator armor from tarkus before the mission angel gate gets started, too bad...

So its not a problem specific to my mod, but a problem with tarkus in termie armour for that mission.

I'll continue with updating then.

is there a way to play this mod with out adding -dev to the shortcut?

You could do all the steps needed to pack the mod into a custom sga archive, but you still could'nt use it online.

dude whats up with the badges? are they in this mod? honestly i could care less for the mod i just want the badges.. maybe you could release them separately.

I wish I had a) seen guiyunzi comment about 30 minutes ago b) saved a save just before Angel's Gate. Really sad thing is that as soon as the scar happened I immediately knew why.

Apparently I DID make a back up save before Angel's Gate! YES!

I still lost a few hours messing with trying to fix it though.
    Last edited by temprus; 28th Feb 09 at 11:55 PM.

@Practiti0ner

It is here.
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=216904

@temprus

As i understand it your not supposed to have termie armour before that point, so the heavy script for tarkus in that mission does'nt like it!

Yeah, I forgot I had made a backup save at Argus Gate or I would not have wasted an hour trying to get the code to work around Tarkus the Terminator.

With all the extra weapons + most squads getting vet armour now there is a decent alternative to termie armour.

I tried it both ways, I like the play with Terminator armor better. I just put Tarkus in PA on the mission before Angel Gate and swapped him out with Cyrus so I would not forget when I hit AG again. Besides, Kazrasm has a nice mod where the TA PC can get his command stuff still and all the Leaders wearing TA can have Cyclones too.

I'm just about to update. Your FC will be able to equip upto 4 comm wargear. Won't be long.

Deathtrooper
    That's awesome!

Great badges! sorry im not into the mod itself but i praise you for the badges man they really are awesome.

NeoRinTinTin
    Is it possible to give the Force Commander a squad?

Deathtrooper
    Mediafire is what i use!

Gabriel Angelo in FC party

Second Mission

I can't get him to do much as of right now! I could swear I seen somewhere that someone was working on a MOD for something like this!
    Last edited by Deathtrooper; 1st Mar 09 at 4:47 PM.

Update to 1.2

@NeoRinTinTin

I've been trying to do just that, adding the the Apothecary & Techmarine, but at the moment its really buggy even adding normal units to the FC.

Tried your mod... so far, 2 thumbs up. Continue the good work.

Problem

3 questions:
    1st) Does the maximum level work for skirmish
    2nd) How do you fix this problem where it reverts your Dow2 back to patch 1.1.1, tried using steam to patch it back but then the files are gone.
    3rd) Do we just replace the data folder or do we go into the contents and drag the art and simulation into the original Data folder?

1) Nope, for campaign only.

2) I haven't, when i use -dev my version is 1.1.1, when i don,t the exe. reverts to 1.1.2. I don't think the patch files go, just a change in version number.

3)Just place the Data folder from the mod into the GameAssets folder.

Deathtrooper
    WHAT! This thing reverts ur DOW2 back one patch!? It never did that to me! I'm still on 1.1.2 and have had no trouble out of it at all!

Hmmm...

@Deathtrooper

Are you using -dev or have you packed the mod into an sga?

BUG

assault marine squad abilities are not working other than lvl 1 jump and slam down in the air ability (forget whats its called) only that and accessory's work none of the lvl abilities work... also i have the passive abilitie that causes the jump to also do suppression and taht doesnt work

i notice when i have the squads retreat it shows all there abilities

i retreated avitus it shows clear out...when it stops retreated that ability disappears

Great mod
    Last edited by khoa798; 2nd Mar 09 at 6:14 PM.

also melta's and grenades dont always work...not really not work just not activate

klondike

Caiphas i don't know what's up but i can say that my mod works as it should, my abilities all work fine as you can see in the screenshot below, their available.

Have you got any other modded files added, as even the smallest file could cause a conflict.

Last edited by jaylo138; 11th Aug 10 at 10:27 AM.

just a slight quirk in mine:
    the "allowed" people for certain wargear (actually all of it) are wrong, the references point to different characters
    eg: Force Commander reference points to "Avatar" while heavy bolters and such that should be "Avatus" are "Tharkus (Terminator Armour)"
    weird....

but otherwise a really good mod, looks ane plays much better than vanilla

Uniforce thats a quirk with Corsix's rbf converter, it's on Netrogor's mod as well.

Deathtrooper
    @jaylo138 Yes I use -dev mode, but I don't use any modded SGA files! I usually just extract what's inside one and put it where it supposed to go inside my Gameassets folder and everything works just fine! When I use some SGA files it seems to lag at loading so I'd rather go the way I've been going!

Ok, kinda strange.
    In the "Available for" list, comes out a "Avatar" and a "Tyrea".
    Also, most of the equip is screwed up, as, the only one I can recall for now, a Heavy Bolter not usable by Avitus, which is kinda funny.

However, NIIIIIIIIIIICE
    lol'd

Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information