I think this is gonna surprise the audiance.

This is a great director with a fantastic cast. I just have that feeling this is going to be way more than a Taken rehash. Don't get me wrong, Taken(the first only) was a great action film but this director and cast suggest something more. Like some type of twist with the kidnapping. I also expect some possible award worthy acting from Hugh Jackman, Paul Dano, Jake Gyllenhaal, and possibly Terrance Howard. What do you guys think? Do you guys/girls agree with me? Disagree with me?
Branden M.
06-30-2013 12:22 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Austin Gallego

Austin Gallego

Having already seen the film, I can safely say that even though there isn't much of a chance, PAUL DANO NEEDS TO BE NOMINATED FOR BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR. NOW.

Sep 22 - 08:17 AM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

I'll see it when I get back from deployment. Unless they have a bootleg copy here. I already have Elysium, Wolverine, 2 Guns, Kick Ass 2, and Pacific Rim on dvd!

Sep 20 - 01:16 AM

Bryan Jensen

Bryan Jensen

I just reported you to the MPAA

Sep 20 - 05:03 AM

Don Chase

Don Chase

Uh oh Migs! You dun goofed.

Sep 20 - 06:17 AM

Nicholas Moody

Nicholas Moody

And even so, I thought this would be a fair movie

Sep 19 - 01:23 PM

Nicholas Moody

Nicholas Moody

This was WAAAAAY better than my expectations.

Sep 19 - 01:23 PM

TheMovieFilmGuy

Bob Picture

A very good film that could have been GREAT if only it was edited down!
NEEDLESSLY over-long! Very leisurely paced [read 'SLOW']
Terrific performances from entire cast! Interesting concept with strong religious overtones.
Should be seen.

Sep 17 - 08:45 PM

Allison McCartney

Allison McCartney

You should lean to spell 'audience.'

Sep 16 - 03:30 PM

RoHiT

Good Looking RoHiT

*learn

Sep 18 - 06:19 AM

Don Chase

Don Chase

LOL *high five*

Sep 19 - 01:59 PM

Ash J. Gilmore

Joseph Gilmore-Levitt

Nice.

Sep 19 - 04:50 PM

Plainview

Daniel Plainview

Good job. You did something useful, Rohit.

Sep 19 - 05:38 PM

Austin Gallego

Austin Gallego

Nice job (not sarcasm).

Sep 22 - 08:15 AM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

You shouldn't correct people when you spell stuff wrong.

Sep 20 - 01:15 AM

Tom Sweeney

Tom Sweeney

It's a great concept and has a great cast. Unfortunately I think the odds are that the director will go political on us and make them torture the wrong guy, thus proving that torture is wrong no matter what the circumstances. I just don't have any faith in Hollywood anymore, although maybe they'll pull a Gone Baby Gone and really make this something memorable.

Aug 13 - 10:00 PM

Marc Cerone

Marc "Cerone" Chaudry

The acting in this already looks Oscar worthy, the story itself we will have to see play out though. If it does pull a Gone Baby Gone, then it'll probably be one of the best films of the year.

Aug 30 - 09:33 PM

bek1

Brian Kiser

It must be tough when morality conflicts with your hard right-wing ideology.

Sep 17 - 12:01 PM

Todd Garry

Todd Garry

LOL

Sep 20 - 03:53 PM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

I'm always a bit iffie about indie/foreign directors going Hollywood, it's a mixed bag. Don't get me wrong, every now and then one of them hit's it really big in Hollywood (Chris Nolan is probably the best example of this), but there's been allot of times in Hollywood when foreign director's Hollywood material has been far below their prior work. John Woo is an excellent example of this, his Chinese filmography in the 80s and 90s was superb, but his Hollywood filmography ranged from dreadful to mediocre at best. However, I think that as long as Villeneuve is able to pursue his artistic visions and not fall prey to the demands of his movie's producers he'll be able to deliver some great movie's while in Hollywood.

Jul 22 - 09:37 PM

J.D Dean

J.D Dean

I think Jake Gyllenhall and Paul Dano are some of the best young actors today, so I think it will turn out pretty well, plus save the kidnapping of the daughters it looks nothing like Taken, it's way more plausible.

Jul 6 - 09:06 AM

Branden M.

Branden Mata

Btw, the full cast is Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaaal, Terrance Howard, Viola Davis, Melissa Leo, Maria Bello, and Paul Dano.

Jun 30 - 12:26 PM

Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile