Post Your Gaming/Electronics Purchases!

• 109 results
#51 Posted by sukraj (26161 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

Went to the midnight launch here in Australia for Batman: Arkham Knight. I traded in my original PS4 (EB Games had an awesome trade-in deal) and got myself the limited edition Arkham Knight PS4 console but it's still boxed up as I haven't had time to open it up yet haha. Was a really fun experience and my first midnight launch that I've attended, but certainly not the last.

Congrats on the new PS4 console and Batman, I recently bought Arkham Knight last week but I have installed it to my hardrive yet but some people are saying some of the boss battle are hard.

#52 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@sukraj: Thanks bro, I think you're going to love the game man. I'm really enjoying it so far and it's everything I expected it to be, it goes above and beyond with awesome missions. I'm glad they say boss fights are hard because so far I haven't really been challenged but I'm still so early in the game.

#53 Posted by sukraj (26161 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:
@davillain- said:

@BattleSpectre: Have you had any problems with Arkham Knight like no bugs at all?

No bugs or glitches so far and I've been playing for 10 hours, playing on the PS4 version. From what I've heard the PC version is the one with the most problems. .

what do you think of the graphics they look pretty good don't they bro.

#54 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@sukraj: Absolutely, although there's a little too much film grain for my liking and the rain effect takes away from the beautiful detail that's going on around Gotham in my opinion (I prefer it when the rain stops). Other than that I love this game and it's definitely the best in the Arkham series. I'm at 90% completion at the moment and all I need to do is find all the riddle trophies and complete the challengers, and then I'll be at 100% and unlock the true complete ending. LOVE this game, haha.

#55 Edited by suicidesn0wman (5894 posts) -

Recently picked up Mercenaries, Capcom Fighting Evolution, and MvC 2 on the OG Xbox, along with Ark Knight and SR4 Re-elected on the X1. Paid about $80 for all 5 games total.

#56 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@suicidesn0wman: That's a nice score.

#57 Posted by sukraj (26161 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

@sukraj: Absolutely, although there's a little too much film grain for my liking and the rain effect takes away from the beautiful detail that's going on around Gotham in my opinion (I prefer it when the rain stops). Other than that I love this game and it's definitely the best in the Arkham series. I'm at 90% completion at the moment and all I need to do is find all the riddle trophies and complete the challengers, and then I'll be at 100% and unlock the true complete ending. LOVE this game, haha.

Yeah I've noticed that it never stops raining it's kind of depressing isn't it mate.

You're right the game looks and plays amazing, this is my first batman game and so far I'm having a blast.

I'm only an hour or so into the game but it took me by surprise I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as i am but I'm finding the batmobile hard to control never mind i'll get used it.

What other games are you playing mate.

Are you playing the game on Xbox or PS4?

#58 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@sukraj: Playing on PS4 bro, I play all my multiplat games on the PS4 and I only use my Xbox One for exclusives. Man you're missing out, I suggest you also play Arkham Asylum and Arkham City if you're enjoying this game, they were amazing too. I'm not playing any other games at the moment, when I start a game I finish it before I move on to the next, that way I won't have a huge backlog this gen hehe.

Avatar image for goldenagegaming
#59 Posted by GoldenAgeGaming (137 posts) -

I picked up the sims 3 on Xbox 360 and a few more games

#60 Edited by Pheonix8972 (45 posts) -

just picked up metal gear solid 5 ground zero with xbox gold this month even though its a glorified demo i did enjoy it scratches that itch till september the first lol. as short as it was it has alot of replay-ability which is great and cant wait to sit down a play phantom pain when its released that games going to have alot to offer. does anyone know when it goes gold will there be a digital release? there games that arnt out till the end of the year that are displayed on my market place for pre order but no sign of phantom pain so close to release im more then likely going to get a hard copy of the game over digitally but just wanted to know thnx?

#61 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@pheonix8972: Interesting, I missed out on Ground Zeroes on the PS4 when it was free for PS+ members and now it's available on the Xbox One for Gold members so I'm glad for that, but is it worth wasting download space for a game that can be finished in about 30 minutes? I may just wait for September when the full game is released.

#62 Posted by DaVillain- (17406 posts) -

Man I gotta say, Rare Replay is so damn awesome. I have never play Battletoads Arcade version until now, it's an opportunity of a life time finally playing it. Rare Replay is totally worth the value of your money :-) I find it hard to believe that Perfect Dark: Zero is 10 years old, [well almost] I haven't play that game in 9 years considering it was my first launch game when I got my Xbox 360 for the first time and damn, that game is outdated as hell. To me, I'm glad it didn't get the remastered treatment cause I wouldn't notice the difference if it did. For once...it's a Rare game I'm really enjoying right now.

#63 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@davillain-: Good to know man, you definitely get a lot of bang for buck with this collection.

#64 Posted by GoldenAgeGaming (137 posts) -

I picked up a Xbox One with the all 4 halo games

#65 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@davillain-:Quick question, can you play the games within the collection in full screen? Because from all the gameplay videos I've seen all the games have annoying borders.

@goldenagegaming said:

I picked up a Xbox One with the all 4 halo games

Grats on the purchase, I hope you enjoy your Xbox One.

#66 Posted by DaVillain- (17406 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

@davillain-:Quick question, can you play the games within the collection in full screen? Because from all the gameplay videos I've seen all the games have annoying borders.

The N64 games and as well as the oldies Rare games within Rare Replay only let's you'll play just the standard small screens with some pics on the side of the screen. These games were never meant for widescreens T.V mainly because widescreens weren't invented at the time but however, I haven't bother to look up in the option menu.

#67 Posted by bwarme (10 posts) -

Question-so I have a Translucent Blue original xbox with about 50 original xbox games on the hard drive to include Kotor 1 & 2, Jedi Academy 1 & 2, Battlefront, Fable, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3; Medal of Honor, Black, Battlefield 2, and many more; plus thousands and thousands of emulated games for Atari, NES, SNES, Sega, etc. it has a toggle switch to change it back and forth from mod to standard. I bought this in-store brand new in the box overseas about ten years ago didn't know it was different until I plugged it in. I'm curious to hear what something like this would be worth, and whether to sell it or keep it, thanks in advance!

#68 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@davillain-: Ok thanks for that, I wish they would have edited it to allow full screen support.

#69 Posted by DaVillain- (17406 posts) -

@bwarme said:

Question-so I have a Translucent Blue original xbox with about 50 original xbox games on the hard drive to include Kotor 1 & 2, Jedi Academy 1 & 2, Battlefront, Fable, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3; Medal of Honor, Black, Battlefield 2, and many more; plus thousands and thousands of emulated games for Atari, NES, SNES, Sega, etc. it has a toggle switch to change it back and forth from mod to standard. I bought this in-store brand new in the box overseas about ten years ago didn't know it was different until I plugged it in. I'm curious to hear what something like this would be worth, and whether to sell it or keep it, thanks in advance!

I couldn't figure out the rest of you're post, but however, I say keep you're stuff. I would never sell those games unless you really need the money that badly, then I can understand.

#70 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@bwarme said:

Hey there. the Xbox Association board is here for talk about the latest consoles (Xbox 360 and the Xbox One). If you'd like to discuss the original Xbox, or any other retro platform for that matter please use the Retro Gaming board. Thank you.

#72 Posted by Xisiuizado (592 posts) -

@BattleSpectre:
This is was off topic, but, I believe that over moderation is part of the problem with this board's lack of posts. While his post is unrelated to the topic at hand, it is both Xbox and electronics related. While one would not wish to let this thread become a selling console thread, discussing the original Xbox should be fine as well. Sometimes threads should be allowed to flow more organically. Too much pruning is bad for the plant! :D

#73 Posted by DaVillain- (17406 posts) -

Already got Gears of War: Ultimate Edition digital and ready to play at Monday midnight.

#74 Posted by Xisiuizado (592 posts) -

@davillain- said:

Already got Gears of War: Ultimate Edition digital and ready to play at Monday midnight.

Have fun! If it had Horde more, I'd be there too.

#75 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@xisiuizado: There is no over moderations, as moderator's we follow the rules and guidelines of this website and need to enforce them when needed. We have a new Retro Gaming Board and have decided the Xbox Board is now here for discussions about the newer consoles (Xbox 360 and Xbox One). He would get a far better response in there than here anyways, as users on that board are very familiar with the retro gaming console he was discussing. He shouldn't have replied in a hostile manner.

#76 Posted by Xisiuizado (592 posts) -

@BattleSpectre:
I completely agree that the other board is a better spot, I just didn't think it was too far off topic. However, you're right. If the rules state that the original Xbox is no longer for the Xbox boards, then it isn't permissible. I should read the rules again. :(

Last off topic post: Can his/her question be moved, or are only topics able to be moved? It'd be pretty cool to move it for the person! :) Also, thanks for response and putting up with the two off topic posts.

#77 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@xisiuizado: He took my advice and posted in the Retro Board, by doing that he got the replies he was seeking. Also no I can't move individual posts to a new board, even if I could though I'm not sure where I'd put it since it'd have to be moved into an already made thread.

#78 Posted by DaVillain- (17406 posts) -

@xisiuizado said:

@BattleSpectre:

I completely agree that the other board is a better spot, I just didn't think it was too far off topic. However, you're right. If the rules state that the original Xbox is no longer for the Xbox boards, then it isn't permissible. I should read the rules again. :(

Last off topic post: Can his/her question be moved, or are only topics able to be moved? It'd be pretty cool to move it for the person! :) Also, thanks for response and putting up with the two off topic posts.

I will also point out that I made a similar topic on what was your favorite original Xbox games before Retro gaming forum was reinstated. I had it for awhile here, and a mod [not gonna tell the name of the mod] was nice to move it over there since I didn't know GS reinstated Retro forum.

#79 Posted by garfield360uk (20381 posts) -

@davillain-: Just to be clear, topics can be moved, but individual posts can not. This may explain why the post was not moved but your topic was.

#82 Edited by ajayashish (9 posts) -

Got my new Xbox One 1TB with Forza 6... So far I loved the blue color of the controller and the console over the traditional black... slow download for the game but once it was done... it was a smooth drive...

#85 Posted by Transk53 (562 posts) -

Bought a Philips sound bar the other day. Running an optical cable into the console and after letting the hardware settle down with sound syncing and what not, I bunged on the Xbox and first thought is not postable. Suffice to say that while it only cost £80 pounds, it sounds great. I did spend £38 pounds on three cables though. I have to have decent gold connecters on interconnects. You can’t beat having very good cables, they make such a difference over the standard fare. Those two Red and White cables you get with electronics equipment, if you can I recommend ditching them.

Anyway, I booted Witcher 3 to see what the game sounds like and was very good. However, sound wise it is not that intensive, so I gave Halo 3 a quick bash and the grin left my face and ended up on the floor. I like all this HD audio and visuals, would love to hear how a MG42 sounds. Next up I may get a sub box and run it through the two component port, although I think another AV amp is next.

#86 Posted by DaVillain- (17406 posts) -

@brimmul777 said:

Just purchased Dying Light on the X1 and I'm loving the game up to this point.Mind you,I'm right at the beginning but excited to see the later parts of the game. Just bought it on sale with Games with Gold on Xbox Live for $35.00.I give it a 9/10.Love Dying Light. :)

Glad your enjoying it :P I got that game since it launch this year and got the digital copy on Xbox One. The only downside is the boss fight later on can be a drag.

#87 Edited by takspeed (240 posts) -

Got a playseat and logitech g29 wheel since i m a diehard racing fan and enjoying it with nfs the run, gt6. Wished it would work with current games tho' like the crew and nfs rivals hopefully in the future :)

Avatar image for GoldenElementXL
#88 Edited by GoldenElementXL (6900 posts) -

Just waiting for the Elite controller to launch.....

#89 Posted by Kent_tra (6 posts) -

selling Xbox gift card, good discount

#92 Posted by GoldenAgeGaming (137 posts) -

I got Forza 6 for Christmas i got Halo 5 about a week ago and i'm currently playing Dying Light

#93 Posted by Dominik094 (6 posts) -

Hello, check out my youtube channel. i am doing a black ops 3 giveaway at the moment and it will be finishing soon. also if you on my channel check out some of my other vids and if you like them please subscribe. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urzc4OAb98Q

#94 Posted by alanissak320 (103 posts) -

I got the Gear VR which is pretty amazing

Pro:

YOUR IN A VIRTUAL ROOM

Netflix in virtual room

Gaming in virtual room

Con:

Must have a compatible phone

Phone overheats way too fast caused performance loss.

#95 Posted by JeezyFizzle (8 posts) -

Xbox Elite Controller! Just downloaded ARK a few minutes ago also and it is a Snow Day so I plan on becoming a zombie.

#100 Posted by I_P_Daily (2014 posts) -

After not buying much up until mid March, I have been on a spending spree in the last month by buying Sebastien Loeb Rally, WRC 5, Quantum Break, Dirt Rally, Dragon Age Inquisition & Final Fantasy XIII on the 360 and in the coming weeks I will be buying Trackmania Turbo & MXGP 2.