mail[gna-project] The end of Gna?

Header

Content

Posted by Beuc on November 20, 2016 - 19:22:
Hi,

Gna! has been in maintenance mode for a few years, taking a little
time from Philippe, Vincent and I.

However there are technical upgrades (hardware and software) in the
queue, and neither Vincent nor I feel like spending time on it.

Rather than let the system die until all data is lost or the system is
cracked into, we're considering being honest and shut down the
service, notably the repositories and the mailing lists.  Putting is a
'read-only' could be an option if a technical solution is found, but
probably not.

If people on this list want to do something about it, now is the time
to speak up!  Otherwise we're considering a 6-month notice before
saying goodbye to 13 years of 100%-Free hosting.

(reply to project@xxxxxxx)

Freely,
Sylvain