Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Brothers of the 4th Ver 1.5.1 {Campaign Mod Released 5/03/09 Updated 14/06/09}

Brothers of the 4th Ver 1.5.1 {Campaign Mod Released 5/03/09 Updated 14/06/09}

Current Version 1.5.1

Welcome to Brothers of the 4th

This mod is designed to make the campaign experience of dawn of war 2 much more enjoyable and add some new elements to the campaign. It does this by making each and every single marine under your command unique, no more generic troopers being led by your sergeants.
    Instead you will watch as each and every soldier grows at points in the game, upgrading their armour, their looks, their weapons and each adding something else to their squad.
    Most of these changes are largely cosmetic but there are significant changes gameplay wise, making your squads tougher and more versatile. To keep things even for the filthy xenos that are pitted against the brothers their numbers have increased.

Bug Fixes
    * Plasma Pistols used by general marines will no longer crash the game.

General Changes
    * Enemies pre-spawned on maps should now have correct increased squad sizes. Should notice the difference instantly.
    * Difficulty settings now tweaked to cover the increase number of all enemies.
    * Not being in any cover now increases damage taken by 50%, this applies to the enemy as well, so satchels can cause a massive sway in the battle.
    * New weapon looks for general marines with Powerfists and Power Axes.

*Now Compatible with version 1.3.2 of DoW 2

1.4.1 Patch Notes

1.4 Patch Notes

1.3.1 Patch Notes

1.3 Patch Notes

1.2 Patch Notes

1.1 Patch Notes

Initial Release Changes

Wish List of Changes (upcoming)
    * More variation on the terminator armour looks, not enough additional objects for terminators.
    * Keep the company champion equipped with sword and shield when force commander has a ranged weapon equipped.
    * Additions to looks, normal space marine helmet on an assault marine.
    * If someone wants to make a lascannon model I'd like one

Known Bugs
    * Marine on the main menu will be equipped with plasma gun, powersword and plasma pistol and have clipping issues with his helmet, purely cosmetic, causes no problems ingame.

Installation
    * Extract the folder Brothers_of_the_4th, GameAssets, Brothers_of_the_4th.module and Brothers.bat to your Dow 2 installation directory.
    * Run Brothers.bat

De-Installation
    * Simply delete the Brothers_of_the_4th folder, Brothers_of_the_4th.module and Brothers.bat from your Dow 2 directory.
    * Remove Brothers.ucs found in GameAssets\Locale\English.

Now go forth and punish the Xenos Brothers

Credits
    * Jaylo138 for showing me how to bypass ranged in melee and finding the problem with our intial stats editing way back when.
    * {Exo}{Elite} as an inspiration, his wargear mod is what inspired me to build this, loved having the non standard marines but they still seemed a tad to generic for me.
    * Relic for Tarkus's squad, good ol Larry, Willy & Tenderfoot, the first unique marines they gave us, so I just made more of them.
    * Corsix for his unbelievable tools where if it weren't for him we'd be very much still in the dark ages.
    * Croaxleigh for opening my eyes on how I screwed up the initial module file
    Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/zetrial

Screenshots

Command Squad Base

Command Squad Level 20

Tactical Squad Base

Tactical Squad Level 20

Tactical Squad Veterans

Devestator Squad Base

Devestator Squad Level 20

Scout Squad Base

Scout Squad Level 20

Assault Squad Base

Assault Squad Level 20

Last edited by Zetrial; 13th Jun 09 at 5:13 PM. Reason: New Version!
    Brothers of the 4th Dow 2 Mod

If I charge, charge with me
    If I fall, avenge me
    If I retreat, kill me

Nice mod Zetrial

I'm working on increasing enemy squad sizes, tougher bosses at the mo, along with adding a predator to thule & doing texture changes.

I like playing as Ultramarines so i've just given my termies white heads & the comm squad vet, working on the gold trim right now.

Enemy squad sizes was a pice of pie, bosses I looked at when I finished doing armour designs and thought so not today >.<.

Yeah I personally go and play as a modified colour scheme as well, using your badges to boot. Thought of throwing in an Apoc into the command squad but felt it would feel too much like just a rip off mod of yours >.<.
    Though because I started it after corsix updated his converter no name glitches on the wargear section as well .

I know, i've got to redo all those files i edited with the original converter

Should only have to redo the sbps, which I think the only changes we make to them are the squad loadouts and stats.

Edit: It's bad when you keep forgetting something you changed and keep adding to the mod notes >.<
    Also screenshots coming soon, of initial load outs and final loadouts
    Last edited by Zetrial; 4th Mar 09 at 10:07 PM.

jcde7ago
    I just followed your installation notes and got the "BugSplat" screen, so what I would recommend is just for people to install it manually...

1. Drop the "Brothers_of_the_4th.sga" into your GameAssets\Archives folder.
    2. Edit your DOW2.module in your installation directory, it should look something like this:

[attrib:common]
    folder.01 = GameAssets\Data
    archive.01 = GameAssets\Archives\Brothers_of_the_4th.sga
    archive.02 = GameAssets\Archives\GameAttrib.sga

Other than this minor hiccup, great work Zerital, i am loving the variation as well as the increased difficulty

Jcde were you using the -modname parameter to load it? I was trying that when I was packing it all up and it was giving me the bugsplat as well, so I opted just for a higher named module file

jcde7ago
    I was using -dev parameter to load.

Hmmm it doesn't need the -dev to load it, and worked alright here when I had it enabled, oh well one of Dow 2's numerous blessings, what works one place doesn't work somewhere else

Rav82
    Hey man i can't download this using that given link!!!
    filefront link gives a error when trying to download this!!
    i even registered, but didn't work.
    i love to use this mod could u pls do something

Haha sorry Rav you must of tried just as I was updating the file, I found a typo of mine on level 20 tactical marines with no veteran as I was taking screenshots, it's back up now and fixed

Edit: Screen shots are now up, enjoy fellas
    Last edited by Zetrial; 4th Mar 09 at 11:41 PM.

Rav82
    WOW Zetrial nice mod!!!!
    i still can't download. prob is between me and filefront!
    don't kno wht??? is thr any other way to get this?

Did you try the new link in the first post as it is a new link, so if you were just refreshing the old one wouldn't work, if not I'll find a mirror host for it and throw it up, give me a minute and it should be up.

Edit: Mirror is up now Rav, give that a try
    Last edited by Zetrial; 5th Mar 09 at 12:07 AM.

I'm dancing like a monkay~ medes's Avatar
    I think the helmeted scouts look very weird. I love that you double the enemies numbers too, thanks Zet.

They do to an extent, the one with the space marine helmet does, the other one has the kasrkin helmet which suits him a bit better, tried giving them standard imperial guard heads, but they were a bit too small for my liking compared to the bodies.

Rav82
    Nice mod Zetrial!!!
    THANK YOU!!!

very nice mod zetrial , very cool looking main screen, that glitch on its helm isnt to disturbing ^^. i didnt used the archive, extracted it all to the "right" named" folders,
    1st time i didnt and took the normal folder naming conventions, so in game i winded up with no main screen pic of the marine, and in game tarkus and fc didnt had squad members , lol. after i used your "folder paths" it worked flawlessly

again great job makiing this mod

thanks

No problem, I wanted something unique and loved the way relic split up the tactical squad so I did it on a larger scale.
    Have just been playing around with files and have found a way to get a predator, rhino, carnifex if I wanted ingame as their own controlable squad without a problem.
    So in future updates we can expect to see a rhino or 2 and maybe even a predator.
    Keep an eye out brothers
    Last edited by Zetrial; 6th Mar 09 at 1:01 AM.

Very nice mod, but I'm having second toughts about the Command Squad, with the Force Commander having abilities like Charge, Assault jump or teleportation.

Doubled enemy size is great. By the way there is a persistent corpses mod by Copernicus which I think is compatible with other mods.

Loving the screenies

Thanks for an entry on your credits , good luck with your mod =D, seems its doing well actually good job =D.

Nice work

Does the module loading really work like that? That is bizarre

Hm whatever mod i use no matter what i do i get this Bug Splat error... The problem is the module file for sure but i just dont get why is this happening...
    The Zombie Survival Guide teaches us to use rifles instead of machineguns. Preserve AMMO! Be a SURVIVOR!

Nice work

Does the module loading really work like that? That is bizarre
    It does actually, inside every .module file at the top there is the name of the file, as long as that is DOW2 it will attempt to load it, and first one it finds it loads.

When I equip a Hammer to my FC his squadmates hold invisible guns. And I am not seeing doubled enemy squad sizes but I am loving the campaign with this mod, thnx heaps
    Jaylo has been having that problem with his command squad as well, I may just end up throwing some hammers on the squad to see if that fixes it.
    Also larger squads are they, just the first few missions are scripted to only spawn set amounts, after that you should start to notice more and more orcs so don't </3 tough numerous stick bommas, nearly wiped me on primarch more than once.

Hm whatever mod i use no matter what i do i get this Bug Splat error... The problem is the module file for sure but i just dont get why is this happening...
    Yeah the bug splat is annoying, whenever I try to use the -modname parameter myself it crashes, if it keeps giving your problems on startup just extract the sga file from simulation to the data directory found in gameassets and run with -dev mode.

Very nice mod, but I'm having second toughts about the Command Squad, with the Force Commander having abilities like Charge, Assault jump or teleportation.

Doubled enemy size is great. By the way there is a persistent corpses mod by Copernicus which I think is compatible with other mods.
    Haven't tested jump with the squad yet, but with charge only the Force Commander charges, and they all teleport when he does. With charge just make sure he is out ahead of anyone else cause if he charges into them he stops >.<.

And unfortunately Copernicus's persistant bodies isn't 100% compatible because of changed epbs files in both mods, next release will have persistant bodies and shouldn't be too far away.
    I'll test around with the hammers and see what I can do and some new wargear coming soon that will orbital drop and rhino or predator.
    Last edited by Zetrial; 5th Mar 09 at 5:32 PM.

25. Modding Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #25
    A forgettable little corner of southwestern Kentucky
    Zetrial: You might consider including a shortcut to launch the mod in -dev mode so that instead of having to rename files to turn the mod on and off players can simply run it from the shortcut when they want to play and then launch the standard game to play vanilla. Just a suggestion though, of course.
    I has a Blurb. And one of those Tweeter things.
    Quote Originally Posted by roflmao
    I'd run with a shotgun to go hijack a private airplane and fly to Belgium. Nothing interesting ever happens in Belgium, so there's definitely no zombie apocalypse there.

Tried that croax, made a bat file load dow2.exe -dev and -modname and kept bug splatting me, even when I just tried using them via steam it was bug splatting me, haven't figured out why just yet.

Edit: Managed to fix the hammer bug, but just means the banner carrier and company champion will have hammers as well, slightly overpowered for the time being until I can find a way to get other weapons to be used then.
    Last edited by Zetrial; 5th Mar 09 at 5:35 PM.

27. Modding Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #27
    A forgettable little corner of southwestern Kentucky
    There's a problem in your .module file of some sort. I just altered copies of my Total Carnage .module and shortcut to point to your mod (and extracted the .sga, though I don't think that was the solution because it was still having problems after I did that but before the .module edit) and it now launches fine from the shortcut. The only real changes that I made were changing the first line from "DoW2" to your mod name and putting quotes around the mod name in the second line, plus getting rid of folder.01, changing archive.01 to folder.01 (and having it point at Attrib instead of just the folder since I extracted it), and changing archive.02 to archive.01.

If that seemed confusing, here are the first few lines (where all of the changes occurred):
    [global]

Name = Mod_Brothers_of_the_4th
    UIName = "Brothers of the 4th"
    Description = Zetrials Brothers of the 4th
    ModVersion = 1.0
    ModFolder = Mod_Brothers_of_the_4th

; Note: the engine mounts the following automat(g)ically:
    ; movies: GameAssets\Data\Movies
    ; folder: GameAssets\Locale\<lang>

[attrib:common]
    folder.01 = Mod_Brothers_of_the_4th\Attrib
    archive.01 = GameAssets\Archives\GameAttrib.sga
    (The folder name is different so that the game won't automatically load the mod, obviously.)

It made sense, I'll give it some playing around some more and see if I can get it working without unpacking the sga file.
    It could of just been the "" around the ui name as the original references a string in the ucs file.

Edit: Just did a quich test and renaming the internal name back to brothers of the 4th and putting "" around the ui named allowed it to work perfectly. We might have to make a howto on the module file as we now have that working spot on

The reason its crashing if you are loading module files is usually that the module is pointing to files that don't exist. It could also be pointing to invalid rbf files.
    [edit]
    Did some test. Thankfully, module files do not work as described earlier They do not load alphabetically. You may have confused them with ucs files which have a very poor implementation. You will need to use a module file and -modname cmd line param. If that is causes crashes its probably an indicator of a typo in the module or a more serious rbf issue.
    Last edited by Clonesa; 5th Mar 09 at 6:17 PM.

Nah got it fixed now Clonesa, seems for the ui name you need to have "" around it, simple hey. Only thing I did different from when I was originally trying to get a .bat loader for it.
    Loader will be up in the next version

Okay, sorry, but i think i may just be retarded, can someoen help me understand how to install this?

Okay, i put it in C/Program Files/Stream/SteamApps/common/DoW2/Install and put the Brothers_of_the_4th and Brothers_of_the_4th.module into it. When i run DoW2 it doesn't work. The instilation said that you don't need -dev, so what am i doing wrong

Side Note: If it does require -dev, how do i do that (idiot)

Put it just straight in dow2 not install and you should be right to go kdebones

Marduk
    really fun stuff. Tried to hold argus against the tyranid waves on primarch I think i might have to slink down to captain before I cry over the later defense missions

New version out now guys, Rhinos and Predators Oh my!

I tried to put in the pre-order wargear by using the ss1_sep1.lua file to make the preorder wargear drop at the end of mission 1, but it didn't seem to read it because they didn't drop. I am using -dev mode.
    Any ideas?

Vandervecken

Did you place the file in here?
    Code:
    GameAssets\Data\campaign\space_marines\missions
    If you did and are using -dev then just double check you used the correct syntax for the wargear to be there e.g.
    Code:
    "wargear\\wargear\\campaign\\playable\\race_marine\\sm_wp1_bolt_pistol_pistol_of_baal",

Yep sorted.
    Nice mod.
    Version 1.2 has added a thunder hammer to the plasma gun, plasma pistol and power sword the guy on the main menu has. Bit much?

Just a tad, it's the company champion, at the moment, the second you add a troop to the force commander they show up on screen with all the weapons they have put down.
    In game they only have 1 of them at a time, still trying to find a way to change what is displayed on the title screen though.

cenwei87
    Is this mod compatible with the campaign's V1.3.1 mod? I can play both of this mod at the same time, but will it stack?

thx

Wouldn't be compatible in the slightest I believe, any file Net has altered for his changes I've altered as well, in addition to many he hasn't as well.

I tried this mod out and I think it's cool, but I think the force commander and avitus are a little underpowered.
    Shure,they do a lot of damage (in melee for the FC and at range for avitus)
    but they die really easily.... the companys champion is the first who dies even against 3 orks!!! and i got my heavy bolter squad all (exept avitus) slaughtered by 2 warp spiders! it is a good mod but you should make some Space Marines stronger, cause when advancing in campaign it soon becomes impossible to kill bosses without losing all men.....i had troubles finishing mission thule's revenge,and i wonder how last mission will be??
    lover of mods,creator of none.

End battles should probably actually be a little easier than the initial fights, once you start to get more ability points after 5 I think it is you can see a difference. The Force Commander and Avitus should become absolute monsters once they earn the bulk of their abilities and get some decent gear.
    Also your marines themselves will be upgrading their weapons and armour as they level to do more damage and take less as well, so you'll probably notice things will get a little hairy at level 7/13/19 just before they upgrade as their equipment is a fair bit outdated by that point.
    I'll take your idea into consideration, still a balancing act, did seriously think of increasing marine health by 50% on captain and primarch, but wanted to test it out first. If it is too tough for most of us then I'll tweak it.

nice. sorry but i didnt know that.its true, my marines are all at lvl 5 or 4....i will play a bit more and see the difference, thanks.

No problem, I'm tweaking things a little now as it is, I don't want primarch to be a push over by letting you mow things down without breaking a sweat.
    Next version will increase marine health a little on captain and primarch, change some armour values and drop rates. Also anything else I notice I want to change lol.
    Main thing is I don't want to lower how tough the enemies are, before when I had played through on primarch mode, by the time you get high level equipment you'd chew through the enemy in no time at all, still take a little bit of a thrashing because it only boosted the damage they did to you.

Hmmm ! Some awesome changes there .

A few questions/suggestions.

Have you altered the wargear drop rates at all so they are a little more varied? Also how does the enemy fair, are they stronger now/bigger squads sizes to accommodate the changes to the SM? What about health wise?

I like the health changes/wargear rate adjustments from the campaign 1.31 mod but nothing else, looking for a way to do it my self but not sure how as it's still to easy for me on hard and primarch or w/e it's called :P.

What I would LOVE to see is squad limit increase to 6 or maybe 8 (possibility to add the predator and the rhino and add new equipment for them would be awesome...be a hell of a lot of work though I'm guessing)

Would like to see more higher end WG as well :P.

Good looking mod though, will try it out asap ^^.
    Embrace the dark gods...in the might that is CHAOS!
    Better crippled under the hands of chaos...than corrupt in the minds of others

Haven't altered any drop rates in versions so far, that is being tweaked in the next version though, less supplies, slightly higher chance off non boss units.
    As far as enemy health wise goes, the units you come up against here are tough, first ork nob boss you fight, at level 3 has over 12k health, general enemy squads at that level have nearly 1k health themselves. Also Ork, Nid and Ig squads are double their default size and Eldar are 50% larger.
    New squads noone has cracked yet so we are still in the dark, keeping an eye out though, currently I do have wargear in there to give you a rhino and predator drop which spawns them.
    As for high level wargear, would like too but it could be a big under taking, I would love to have more varied level 20 epics myself, especially terminator armour. Just would be a bit of an undertaking to do.

Sure NP. All In good time

Speaking of wargear drop rates, I've been playing with tuning_info.rbf. I managed to change it by extracting it out of gameattrib.sga and hex-editing it, but then when I did that I discovered that using this file would override your tuning_info.rbf file, including such information as accessory slots. When I tried to extract tuning_info.rbf from your .sga, I found that I could not find the float values 0.04 and 0.01 to change. They can be seen in the SGA reader under:
    GameData/wargear/wargear_drop_probabilities
    I could easily find them in the Gameattrib.sga version of the file by searching for the float 0.04 or 0.01, but not in your one.

Cheers
    Vandervecken
    Last edited by Vandervecken; 6th Mar 09 at 11:33 AM.

guri_fx
    u increased the size of squads and preassigned them weapons

but we can change the wargear of only the leader in game

what happens to other members of the squad,i mean for example if the memebrs have a level 5 guns will they remain same even after the squad becomes level 20???

Vand I should have a new version out tomorrow after a good sleep in 30 mins, so drop rate will be upped then, and using corsix's program is alot easier than hex editing the files.
    Guri all we could ever do in game was change the weapon of our squad leader, never squad mates weapons.
    The default weapons the bulk of them have were worse than the standard weapon your sergeants would start with.
    The redshirt bolter is like 4 damage, while the default sergeant is like 5.
    By level 20 with this mod if I can remember off the top of my head, anyone with a bolter should have the equivilent of a relic bolter, which I think is like level 12 white bolter, nothing spectacular but still leagues above what you had originally.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information