NWN dead?

topic posted Mon, October 3, 2005 - 8:27 PM by  Frank
Share/Save/Bookmark
Advertisement
Is this NWN tribe dead? How would one take over a tribe that has fallen into decay?
posted by:
Frank
Syracuse
Advertisement
Advertisement
  • Re: NWN dead?

Mon, October 3, 2005 - 8:28 PM
    All you do is ask the Tribes.net managers people.

Mon, October 3, 2005 - 8:38 PM
      Cool...Guess I should check out the FAQ huh?

Now the question is...does the membership even care that its dead?

Mon, October 3, 2005 - 8:44 PM
        I don't play much NWN but that is because most people dont' play. I don't kow if the current membership cares. I like NWN because it is classic game, but better played if it has a real GM etc.

Mon, October 3, 2005 - 8:47 PM
          Agreed. I have been interested in th epersistant world concept. Problem with those is they are usually to huge, lacking content and no players are ever on.

Poor management I guess.

Mon, October 3, 2005 - 8:49 PM
            Yeah true. I do like the Persitant world thing (that is why I also play FFXI) but it is nice on NWN because it is a more D and D expirence.

Mon, October 3, 2005 - 8:51 PM
              Yea...plus no monthly fees LMAO.

Here buy my game for 50+ bucks and then give me 15 a month on top of that. BUt....just to so there's no hard feelins have a month free. Its CRAP

Mon, October 3, 2005 - 8:52 PM
                I don't mind the FFXI Fee. i am an Avid Final fantasy fanatic so it doesn't bother me much. Plus I play ever day or so, depending on how I feel.

Mon, October 3, 2005 - 8:56 PM
                  Cool. I guess I will see who else responds to this topic to see if there is any interest left.

Oh btw...I cant seem to find who to contact if I do want to take over...you wouldnt happen to know would you?
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Re: NWN dead?

Mon, October 3, 2005 - 9:52 PM
                    Yeah, give me one sec and I will get you that information.

Mon, October 3, 2005 - 9:54 PM
                    Got this from the Contact us thing on the bottom of the main page of tribes

General Questions
                    If you have a question about how tribe.net works, check the FAQ, the Help section, or email us at help@tribe.net.

Sat, November 5, 2005 - 10:41 AM
    So is this a dead tribe or are we livin laVita Neverwinter? :-) Just checking...
    • Unsu...

Wed, November 9, 2005 - 7:43 AM
      I'm down wit de NWNLife. Shout out to my peeps, yo.

Wed, November 9, 2005 - 8:17 AM
        Ah! Well now, at least there is one in the ranks. I am hoping others will stir to the call and maybe we can get a campaign going or play a user module or something. I have not played in a while and would love to start an adventure with a party.

Best...
        • Unsu...

Thu, November 10, 2005 - 9:50 AM
          I'm down, just let me know.
          • Unsu...

Sun, November 13, 2005 - 6:22 AM
            I still play it just about daily. I've found a few PW servers that are just awesome!

On one of them, I've got a lvl31 cleric. She kicks ass. :)

You guys should come join me! Lemme know.
            • Unsu...

Tue, November 15, 2005 - 8:12 AM
              I was playing on Avlis for awhile. Great world, but it's really hard (I mean REALLY hard) to level.

Where are you playing?
              • Unsu...

Tue, November 15, 2005 - 10:18 AM
                Hall of the Worlds, Undermountain, and I've just started up a char on Lost Souls.

I haven't heard of Avlis. It's really hard to level then, huh?
                • Unsu...

Tue, November 15, 2005 - 9:23 PM
                  Yeah, Avlis is tough. The world is excellent, but it's definitely geared toward heavy role-play. About the only way to get any significant XP is if you happen upon a DM who will lead you on a quest.

I'll have to check out Undermountain.
                    Unsu...

Wed, November 16, 2005 - 6:03 AM
                    Undermountain is pretty fun. He's working on a major update of it right now though, so I've really been into Hall of the Worlds lately. It's just like it sounds... a big hall that has doors on either side. Each door is a different world. It's pretty fun.

Anyway, there really isn't any role-play in either of them, but they're both pretty awesome... once Undermountain gets finished up.

Thu, December 15, 2005 - 2:26 PM
                      Used to play daily but the power gaming irked me and now I'm on the WoW train.

Thu, December 15, 2005 - 5:30 PM
                        I agree. I have had some really bad experiences with power gamers on the PWs.

All my old NWN buddies are now playing WoW. I might just check it out. I think they have a limited time demo, so a download is in order to see if it is worth paying a monthly fee. There is a monthly fee, correct?

If I do go the monthly fee route, I may also wait for D&D; online to be released next year. That and NWN2 should keep me busy. ;-)

Fri, December 16, 2005 - 6:09 AM
                          yeah the 1st month is free and it's $15/mo unless you buy a bundle

$14/mo if you buy 3 months @ a time
                          $12/ mo " " 6 months @ a time

My roommate is stress testeing D&D; Online. Looks ALOT like Gild Wars and wasn't very impressive

Fri, March 30, 2007 - 3:46 PM
                            NWN2 was not fun for me, so I uninstalled it. Plus the modding tool was downright hostile. I still make NWN mods. Just made a 3E White Plume Mountain. I loved that mod back in the day..

Recent topics in "Neverwinter Nights"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
NWN Vault still strong Sasch 0 May 22, 2009
Never Winter Nights Achbar 2 January 15, 2008
Ok Achbar 1 January 14, 2008
NWN2 server recommendations ... 0 May 19, 2007
NWN2 Rodney 5 November 16, 2005