Sign in to Windows Live ID | Help

The 7 Spells

rated by 0 users
This post has 146 Replies | 3 Followers

CosmicSpore:

So if that's true, that means what Gradius said probably refers to individual items (not gauntlets) that can be equipped to cast certain spells, like 'Time Slow' and 'Assassin Rush'. That'd be my guess anyways.

But those items would have to be peices of clothing or weapons because what else could we equip?

These Fable 3 dreams I keep having are getting a bit ridiculous!

First thing Im going to do when I get Fable 3? Marry Tim_NL of course! the rest is all uphill from there Wink

jadis232:

CosmicSpore:

So if that's true, that means what Gradius said probably refers to individual items (not gauntlets) that can be equipped to cast certain spells, like 'Time Slow' and 'Assassin Rush'. That'd be my guess anyways.

But those items would have to be peices of clothing or weapons because what else could we equip?

Well I was thinking maybe swapped out gauntlets for maybe an ancient artifact or something....
But that's just a complete guess. I wish I knew.... ORLY

I'm making a video game. It's still in the planning stages.
Please! Give me your thoughts: http://lionhead.com/forums/t/286016.aspx 
I would love everyone's input. Thank you! Smily

This is what I get for not reading the info thread very much, I didn't even know about Spell Gauntlets, heck those in general intrigue me.

But as to the 6,7... however many, I would definitely like an Ice Spell along with the original ones you suggested, but not Summon, I found that useless for my style of fighting, but I did use it when I was bored and destroying a town.  

I do like the idea of not all action spells and more surround like the earlier Fable, but I'll be happy with whatever Lionhead serves up in the 3rd time around the Fable block.

"Ahoy gentlemen, you may call me Wax."

Nr. 6+7: Slow time & BERSERK!

...And each man stands with his face in the light of his own drawn sword, ready to do what a hero can Pirate

Double post Dead

Might be agood time to ask: Why am I an INSANE senior member? Big Smile

...And each man stands with his face in the light of his own drawn sword, ready to do what a hero can Pirate

Somewhere I think there's still no berserk spell and that most spells (if not all) will be the ones of Fable 2. And if not I like drain life Big Smile.

And why do you ask why the forum thinks you're insane? Is the forum wrong or something? I don't think so.

˙ɯɐǝʇ pǝɹ ǝɥʇ ؛,ʞooɹ dn ʇnɥs,   -   ¿uʍop ǝpısdn ƃıs ʎɯ sı ʎɥʍ

• Me still marries Jadis, don't worry guys! (ItIsI (c) yesterday)

When they said combining spells, they ment "combining" spells...not creating new ones, if you get what i mean Stick out tongue . Like when someone said they saw the swords with flame around them...fire + blades/vortex. And in some article from the info thread, someone talked about how fire+lightning = fireball with lighting wraped around it. In the dramatic fighting video the hero does an AoE spell that looks like inferno but a red beam of light hits a wolf that looks like lighting AoE. You catch my drift yet?

I'm all for assassins rush, i love it. And berserk would make me happy. So after reading through this entire thread, and from what i've read through in articles and watching E3, I don't think combining spells creates totally new spells, it just kinda creates "combo" spells. Smily

I read somewhere (think it was a magazine) that the spells they showed in the E3 combat demo was Force Push and Inferno. So a combo of the two makes an explosion of fire, pushing the enemies back and receiving extra damage off objects like walls etc.

do the spells themselves morph or just the gauntlets? food for thought

With every breath the air grew stale, deathly cold winds howl and wail, raging thunder pounds like drums when something wicked this way comes. My Twitter is @Skorm

i'm not sure if the gauntlets actual morph, I'm pretty sure they just become stronger as you use them more. However, they could take on a different look depending on how you use them or how strong they are. Spells morphing would cause things to become unbalanced because everyone would be whipping around crazy spells that came out of no where, like the light blades of balverine slaying or something

Lightning, Inferno, Vortex, Ice, Earth and Blades. Five of them elemental and the final one being there because it would seem like one of the more obvious choices. At least in regards to the selection of an offensive spell from previous Fable games that could be used in both a directional and area manner. That's just me hoping however. The light spell that others have mentioned is probably just Time Control. If you compare the aura of the gauntlet to the sphere of condensed magic you could create with the Time Control spell in Fable 2 you might notice a few similarities between the two. Not only that, but the Time Control spell has been in both Fable games and it wouldn't seem right to get rid of it like that. (Though they are probably going to do away with a few of the spells from Fable 2. Chaos and Raise Dead seem to be the two most likely candidates.)

What I'm really hoping for is the Ice spell. Hopefully if they do implement it into the game we can create a combination spell to form Water using Ice + Inferno. Imagine the formation of a high level water spell in Brightwall by your Hero. You could flood the town and drown the Guards who are attempting to stop you. (As well as anyone else who happened to be close enough to feel the effects of your magical elemental attack.)

"He finds you when your sleeping, and when the daylight fades, you know him by his name, hail old Jack of Blades..."

CosmicSpore:

Here's a pick of the 4 gauntlets we know.
The one on the far right is the 'Light' spell I mentioned before.

Tell me what you guys think it is.
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2292/fable3magic.jpg

And yeah, the TV was ghosting a lot so that's why there is double-imaging.
Edit: In order, Shock/Lightning, Vortex, Fireball, and ???
It'd be AWESOME if a Dev would confirm what that last spell is for us!!! Big Smile

Apparently most people missed this? ORLY

Gradius1:

Certain spells could still turn up...not necessarily as actual gauntlets...

So maybe the gauntlet spells are the only ones you are able to combine, but others might be used singularly?

So inferno + vortex = fiery whirlwind of death, but summoning is not combined and is instead kept separate maybe.

Peter is the Flavor Flav of hyping video games.

Gradius1:

Oh! I believe it mentions somewhere in the EDGE article that Time Control is now a potion.. Though I may have seen someone mention it on here.. Fable 3 information overload has caused me to become confused if that is the case..

Batjimmi:
Gradius1:
Oh! I believe it mentions somewhere in the EDGE article that Time Control is now a potion.. Though I may have seen someone mention it on here.. Fable 3 information overload has caused me to become confused if that is the case..

A.............. potion? ORLY
I certainly hope not...... That's probably the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

I would hope Lionhead has a little more creativity than that...... Hmm

CosmicSpore:

Batjimmi:
Gradius1:

A.............. potion? ORLY
I certainly hope not...... That's probably the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

I would hope Lionhead has a little more creativity than that...... Hmm

I will be SINCERELEY pissed if Time Control is now a potion, along with other favorite spells. LH please tell me you wouldnt stup so low.

First thing Im going to do when I get Fable 3? Marry Tim_NL of course! the rest is all uphill from there Wink

if time control was a potion do you know how inconvenient that would be? and when would the effects wear off? time control a potion would be the worst idea ever

bolt:

Yeah...controlling time with a flick of your thumb? That would be horrible.. The only reason you guys don't like it is because you cant see your character cast a spell.  Its the same thing. Why would it be so bad?

Hey, Ive got on my time control gauntlet.  It makes my fire shoot slower, or faster. No, it just stops time so I can do whatever with the other gauntlet. It's a waste of a spell. 

Might as well make it a potion.

how about you take it easy with your sarcasm. i dont just like the idea because i cant see the animation of the spell being cast. i dislike it because it takes away from will abilities, more and more spells are being removed and to some of us we dont like it. also there are plenty of weaves they could do besides just stoping time.

bolt:

Yeah...controlling time with a flick of your thumb? That would be horrible.. The only reason you guys don't like it is because you cant see your character cast a spell.  Its the same thing. Why would it be so bad?

Hey, Ive got on my time control gauntlet.  It makes my fire shoot slower, or faster. No, it just stops time so I can do whatever with the other gauntlet. It's a waste of a spell. 

Might as well make it a potion.

boy, you just love arrogance. but anyways, i don't want to buy potions to cast one of my favorite spells, or i don't want to have to go to my inventory or hotkey it on the d-pad to use it. its a slight inconvenience for a very well-liked spell. 

"A man is accepted into church for what he believes--and turned out for what he knows."-Mark Twain 

ah, no problem, did not notice, no smiley and regular font usually=not sarcasm

"A man is accepted into church for what he believes--and turned out for what he knows."-Mark Twain 

As a potion it could always be a one time drink to learn thing. Who knows.

Otherwise yes, i agree that would be pretty ass.

EDIT: On second thoughts, making the game a wee bit harder by stoping me from whoring the slow time spell isn't such a bad thing. Everyone on the forum wants the game made harder, right?

Peter is the Flavor Flav of hyping video games.

no lol's or j/k'seither, the usual signs of someones kidding around.

ANYWAYS!

So does anyone have the EDGE articale that talks about the spell/potion mix?

If it's a one-time use potion, I imagine then the Hero would be back to Fable I-, II-esque Will abilities, which would go against the entire Gauntlet system. Regardless, this whole thing has me confused. If spells aren't linked to Gauntlets, how will they morph? How will they level? Would it, then, be possible to weave such spells with Gauntlets?

This whole thing has my head sort of spinning. Do. not. like.

Page 4 of 6 (147 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS

© 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use / Code of Conduct