The 7 Spells

rated by 0 users
This post has 146 Replies | 3 Followers

i saw in the vid that there was someone that used blades

My kid is black maybe i should'nt have had my wife introduced to Garth.Dead

Mary the whore its a sign (Marry the whore) Stick out tongue

Ye we know, now the things we don't know yet. Explain gradius!! Smily

˙ɯɐǝʇ pǝɹ ǝɥʇ ؛,ʞooɹ dn ʇnɥs,   -   ¿uʍop ǝpısdn ƃıs ʎɯ sı ʎɥʍ

• Me still marries Jadis, don't worry guys! (ItIsI (c) yesterday)

I think that we'll have 6 spell gauntlets and maybe a few magical items like a staff or wand that will have some spells of their own?

"I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!"

ISpeakTheTruth:

I think that we'll have 6 spell gauntlets and maybe a few magical items like a staff or wand that will have some spells of their own?

Doubt it (they would do the same as gauntlets), but possible.

I was thinking more along the lines of magical items you could buy and use once to activate a specific spell/effect - e.g. "enchanted hobbe's toe" - summon some hobbes to help, or "angry carrots" - boost strength for a limited amount of time.

You read it! You can't un-read it!

Disclaimer: All posts made by Iglock are pure speculation and should never be interpreted as fact...

Iglock:

I was thinking more along the lines of magical items you could buy and use once to activate a specific spell/effect - e.g. "enchanted hobbe's toe" - summon some hobbes to help, or "angry carrots" - boost strength for a limited amount of time.

And the Celery of Doom still has no effect.

~Your health is forever low~

Rizniik:

And the Celery of Doom still has no effect.

That'd be a great one!

Celery of doom - destroys all sentient life forms in the region and replaces them with flaccid celery...

You read it! You can't un-read it!

Disclaimer: All posts made by Iglock are pure speculation and should never be interpreted as fact...

Gradius1:

Certain spells could still turn up...not necessarily as actual gauntlets...

I think what he means is that combining certain spells may get you a completely new spell, just a guess though! Stick out tongue

ice is CONFIRMED

At higher levels, Force Push became useless as it was overtaken by other spells.

By useless, I mean: Area Inferno at high levels knocked back enemies that were further away from you than force push, and force push couldn't even knock back larger opponents that Inferno could.

Allignment spells perhaps? I loved those in the First and TLC, although the game may make you choose one. (In the first you could become good, get the divine spell, then become evil, and get the demonic spell.) In modern Fable usage, this means you could use these back to back, without waiting for 'reloads'/'cooloff'

Thrillerkiller:

ice is CONFIRMED

When? ORLY

Kherhan:
In the video a fire and vortex gauntlet were used to create a blade spell so I don't think there is actually a "blades" gauntlet. There are probably 6 basic spells (Fire, Shock, Vortex etc.) and, when combined, they create more complex type spells. 

Which video is that? Can anyone confirm this?
I thought that the 'Blades' spell was on a gauntlet though.... I think someone said that in an interview. ORLY

But I get the strangest feeling that Gradius is just teasing us, and that there are only 6 spells..... Stick out tongue

I'm making a video game. Development is starting soon!!! Big Smile
Please, give me your thoughts: http://lionhead.com/forums/t/286016.aspx 
I would love everyone's input. Thank you! Smily

Hopefully an Fable I like Lightning

Gradius1:

Huh?afraidWTF

DeadSick On

The flame of hope is rekindled - slightly. I thought Grad was supposed to crush dreams, not re-make them....

Birthday Cake<flame of hope  Cheeky

And who were you saying Nope to, Grad?

Gradius1:
soneill3:
It could be that certain spells  are used as expressions.
Gradius1:
Nope.
We already know that magic apart from Will or gauntlets (are they old Guild training devices or something) is in the game due to the chicken outfit making chickens follow you. Either that or chickens have no sense of perspective. It's possible that some magical effects best suited to town use are on outfits, like maybe a jester outfit with chaos on it. Also I've always said that some of the old spells like Multi-Arrow and Berserk would be best suited as skills to learn rather than spells. Maybe they've been brought back and put on the weapons. As for Raise Dead, Fable games always have gravestones and it'd be pretty cool to raise a graveyard with the right sacrifice, or pull Hollow Peter out of the ground and smack him around a bit.

It's starting to make sense now. Of course only the combat specific spells would be on weaponised gauntlets. Other spells would likely have more mystical/silly origins in Albion.

Your way over thinking it Furie

Fata1moose:

Thats what he does best.  But it always makes for a good read.

The fro needs to come back.

Fata1moose:

I think he may be on to something with the outfits.

GT: DeadFOX LEP

Not saying all or any are in, just a few possibilities for those people who are beyond confused.

thefurie:
Not saying all or any are in, just a few possibilities for those people who are beyond confused.

I know but it's been said that clothes no longer have any stats tied to them and they are for ascetic purposes only. The chicken suit did remind me of the costumes in see the future however and Peter said that those gameplay mechanics were something they were going to experiment with and use in the future. So maybe there are costumes that help you get past puzzles and what not but I wouldn't qualify those as spells.

Healing Sword of Magical Little Rainbows - Stab a friend with this to heal them (opposite effect on Hollow Men).

Just an example that I highly doubt will be in the game.

Maybe stuff like 1/10 chance to heal yourself/ cast chaos/ summon foe to fight beside you on strike.

GT: DeadFOX LEP

spells i think will still be usable without gauntlets but the gaunlets enhance spells and make them weavable

CosmicSpore:

Kherhan:
In the video a fire and vortex gauntlet were used to create a blade spell so I don't think there is actually a "blades" gauntlet. There are probably 6 basic spells (Fire, Shock, Vortex etc.) and, when combined, they create more complex type spells. 

I thought that the 'Blades' spell was on a gauntlet though.... I think someone said that in an interview. ORLY

But I get the strangest feeling that Gradius is just teasing us, and that there are only 6 spells..... Stick out tongue

The video Iglock posted with the screenshot awhile back is the one I'm talking about. In the demo the Hero goes into the sanctuary, puts on both the fire and vortex gauntlets and comes out casting a blades spell. From watching that video I don't think there is any blades specific gauntlet. Though who really knows? This is all speculation. 

Kherhan:

CosmicSpore:

Kherhan:

The video Iglock posted with the screenshot awhile back is the one I'm talking about. In the demo the Hero goes into the sanctuary, puts on both the fire and vortex gauntlets and comes out casting a blades spell. From watching that video I don't think there is any blades specific gauntlet. Though who really knows? This is all speculation.

No, No. You're right.
I just checked. I watched the video very carefully.

The 'Blades' spell is actually a combination of Fire + Vortex. I'm guessing it's a side effect of the Vortex spell, and it looked like the blades had fire around them when they were cast.

Also noteworthy.... One of the gauntlets in the video is literally glowing with light.... I'm pretty sure it's a "Light" spell.
I'm guessing there will also be a Darkness spell....
This is pretty interesting stuff. ORLY Although, I still think a dev mentioned the 'Blades' spell somewhere....

I'm making a video game. Development is starting soon!!! Big Smile
Please, give me your thoughts: http://lionhead.com/forums/t/286016.aspx 
I would love everyone's input. Thank you! Smily

CosmicSpore:

Kherhan:

CosmicSpore:

Kherhan:

No, No. You're right.
I just checked. I watched the video very carefully.

The 'Blades' spell is actually a combination of Fire + Vortex. I'm guessing it's a side effect of the Vortex spell, and it looked like the blades had fire around them when they were cast.

Also noteworthy.... One of the gauntlets in the video is literally glowing with light.... I'm pretty sure it's a "Light" spell.
I'm guessing there will also be a Darkness spell....
This is pretty interesting stuff. ORLY Although, I still think a dev mentioned the 'Blades' spell somewhere....

Yeah that is pretty interesting, so I guess I was right about what Gradius said above, some combined spells make completely different spells. Which means there is hope for Assassins rush still! 

As for that one gauntlet I too thought of it being Light, though I also considered Ice or Frost.

Page 2 of 6 (147 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

© 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use / Code of Conduct