Sign in to Windows Live ID | Help

the dog.

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Burningskull01 Posted: 16 Jul 2010 12:48 | Locked

why is the dog returning? that was one of the most annoying things in Fable 2. (to me anyway lol) he bark that there was a dig spot and then get stuck on everything from the current location to the dig spot. he'd stop for no reason. he'd never help out in combat, reguardless of the fact he's a 4 star dog of war... i picked the extreme good ending and the extreme bad ending just so i wouldn't have to put up with the dog again... really wish there was a option to have a dog or not have a dog...

anyway. this is just one person opinion and not a fact. what did everyone else think about the dog?

luka10z20 replied on 16 Jul 2010 12:50 | Locked

PM wants you to be emotionally connected with the dog. It's just another way for you to feel emotions in fable apparently.

"A man is accepted into church for what he believes--and turned out for what he knows."-Mark Twain 

Thrice38 replied on 16 Jul 2010 12:51 | Locked

There have already been plenty of love/hate the dog threads.  Whats done is done, let it be.

Somebody please lock this.

"Ahoy gentlemen, you may call me Wax."

DarkONI replied on 16 Jul 2010 12:52 | Locked

I have to say that the dog was annoying for me too, I didn't like have that thing running around my character and coming with me inside the castle, especially I hated when it randomly barked for some digging spot/treasure, other than this it was always injured and I needed to cure the dog.

I was glad when Lucien shot, at least, I was able to play the rest of the game without having something running around and barking.

CosmicSpore replied on 16 Jul 2010 12:55 | Locked

I think they've improved on the dog....
While it was a little annoying in Fable 2... it was mostly because there were WAYYY too many dig spots in the game, and almost all of them filled with trash.

I doubt they'd do that again.... But the Dog's AI itself was pretty good.... And now they've had time to do even more with it.
Not to mention, that this time not only is there treasure hunting and attack levels for the dog, it also now has "Charisma" levels.

Also, there are now 3 (maybe 4 with LE?) breeds to choose from, so we're not all stuck with the exact same dog, and have a little bit of choice.

Should be a little more interesting, and less annoying, than the Fable 2 dog.
But I have to say, I kind of liked my doggy, but I agree he was a little annoying...

I'm making a video game. It's still in the planning stages.
Please! Give me your thoughts: http://lionhead.com/forums/t/286016.aspx 
I would love everyone's input. Thank you! Smily

Burningskull01 replied on 16 Jul 2010 12:58 | Locked

i remember him saying something like that before fable 2 came out... but i disagree with that entirly. i should be emotionally tied to the game thro the main character and the storyline. not a annoying (at least for me) game mechanic.

CosmicSpore replied on 16 Jul 2010 13:11 | Locked

Burningskull01:
i remember him saying something like that before fable 2 came out... but i disagree with that entirly. i should be emotionally tied to the game thro the main character and the storyline. not a annoying (at least for me) game mechanic.

I do think they overestimate people's connection with dogs.....Not everyone likes dogs.
They are not always "man's best friend". Some people are even scared of dogs... like kids who were bitten or attacked by a dog when they were young. (Our niece.)

I, myself, personally do not actually like dogs very much. Some dogs are okay, but I have a very hard time connecting to them emotionally.....

I prefer cats. They are independent, don't require your attention, and are normally very well-behaved. Unlike dogs who will willingly chew up your shoes (or in my case, cacti..... Yep, I just said that.) for whatever reason.

I'm making a video game. It's still in the planning stages.
Please! Give me your thoughts: http://lionhead.com/forums/t/286016.aspx 
I would love everyone's input. Thank you! Smily

Omle replied on 16 Jul 2010 13:22 | Locked

I personally enjoyed the dog, but I agree they could cut down on the dig spots.

Peter is the Flavor Flav of hyping video games.

Burningskull01 replied on 16 Jul 2010 13:27 | Locked

i actually like all animals... i just don't like to take care of them / clean up after them. i just don't find the dog emontionally tying me to a game.

granted there are several things that have been revealed that i don't like about Fable 3. or at least rumors / speculations i've heard. but the big on is the dog lol.

Irish Madmen replied on 16 Jul 2010 14:16 | Locked

WooT !!! Another dog hating thread. This topic is old. Sorry the dog is in the game. It has been improved so these threads need to be stop being made or someone lock them cause the topic is constantly resurfacing with threads made by ppl who just come on and then disappear.

"At long last. No king lives for ever my son" - Terenas Menethil II

Wigoff replied on 16 Jul 2010 17:15 | Locked

The dog was glitchy and would sometimes run away for no reason and i would be by myself for 5 minutes. I think they should have a feature or expression called "stay" for the dog. You tell your dog to stay in a spot or at your house and you can go on with out it then when you want the dog use the whistle expression then the dog would spawn and run towards you.

The Book Of SPELLS!?
icechild replied on 16 Jul 2010 17:26 | Locked

oh you ickle wickle cute little doggy woggy what have youuuuuu found ... oh ...a condom ... KICK

i honestly couldn't care less before it starts again TAKE THAT SEARCH BAR AND SHOVE IT
Burningskull01 replied on 16 Jul 2010 17:41 | Locked

Irish Madmen:

WooT !!! Another dog hating thread. This topic is old. Sorry the dog is in the game. It has been improved so these threads need to be stop being made or someone lock them cause the topic is constantly resurfacing with threads made by ppl who just come on and then disappear.

lol is there really a topic that is safe?

Sharkondo replied on 16 Jul 2010 18:02 | Locked

"The Dog" was fairly annoying in Fable II mostly because he would bark like crazy about a dig spot and then (when you do follow him) it takes him forever to get there. I'm not personally a dog person, but if they make it so the (Fable III) dog can actually attack enemies in combat, I would learn to love it. Stick out tongue

oLdD3MON replied on 16 Jul 2010 20:30 | Locked

Thrice38:

There have already been plenty of love/hate the dog threads.  Whats done is done, let it be.

Somebody please lock this.

Yup... Stop beating a dead horse!

the Birthday Cake is a lie!

ALL HAIL FABLE III & NOTHING ELSE BEFORE IT!!!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS

© 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use / Code of Conduct