my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» GR GamePost   » The Others   » Misc.   » Things are moving along nicely...well, xept her ex! 7/7/03 (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Things are moving along nicely...well, xept her ex! 7/7/03
Optimus Crime
Impeccable Tiger

Member # 923

posted 05-07-2003 19:46      Profile for Optimus Crime     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What follows is a long but true and hopefully entertaining story about this girl and I. I will post new pieces as warranted even if it makes me look stupid and foolish. Please read it all and respond to the question at the end of it. Thank you.

Okay, usually on my lunch break I go to GameStop video game store. Today was nothing different. I've been going lately to see if they had the new issue of X-Box Official Magazine with Halo 2 on the cover and also to see this chick up there. She's a manager or supervisor and she has worked at at least 2 different GameStops because I've seen her at different ones. She's about 24, she has long brown hair and has creamy skin like she's mixed with Hispanic and White ethnicity. She has some really tigg o' biddies but she's also really smart. She has an athletic body like she plays soccer...really nice. She stands about 5'6" and probably weighs about 120...hard to tell. She has a cute face on a hot body which is the best in my opinion. I don't like girls with a hot body and slutty faces. I like girls with a hot body and cute faces; for example Pamela Anderson is ugly to me but Reese Whitherspoon is damn fine just because of her face. The closest person I could compare her to would be Stephanie McMahon from WWE Wrestling but with a face 100X's better. Anyway,

lets call this girl Tiffany.

Well every since I first saw her I noticed that we "eyed" each other in the way that only two people wanting each other would. Funny, the first time I saw her she wouldn't sell me Tony Hawk 4 because I didn't pre-order it. Like I said, she's a manager. Anyway, she got transferred to the Gamestop near my route (I'm a mailman) that I frequent. I really did not talk to her for a long time because I was attracted to her but I had a girlfriend so for me, that would have been asking for trouble. Well, me and my girlfriend broke up so I've been checking out Tiffany more and more and she has been checking me out. Random flirting back and forth.

This past Saturday I went into her GameStop to ask her for her phone number but it was PACKED with kids playing Yu-Gi-Oh because they were holding tournys (btw, it smelled like my Jr. High football locker room in there with all those stank a$$ kids). I didn't want to try to start a conversation about us two in that atmosphere, plus, she seemed busy with the competitions. I stayed but I just talked on my cell phone instead. When I walked by her talking on my phone she looked at me and said "huh?" and some other incoherent talking as if I was talking to her...I told her I was talking on the phone, not to her (of course I told her this politely). Was she looking for a reason to talk to me? We kept catching each other's looks back and forth.

I was then that I realized that I was smitten! Yep, I haven't felt like this about a girl since my ex and me first got together. Was it her oh soooo cute smile? Her tigg o' biddies trying to pop out her shirt? The 50% discount I could possibly get on video games at GameStop? No, it was her personality and just...her. wow! I felt like a damn kid about this girl and I usually don't feel that way about any girl. Understand, I'm not afraid to talk to girls but this girl made me nervous because I wanted us to really be together. Hey, like any Red Blooded American [HOOOAAAHH!!!] I want to waste myself all over her angelic face BUT I also think that there could be a real relationship between us and she has been sending back flirts with me...constant smiles and looks, shying away when looking at me, and all the other 5th grade hints of a crush.

Well, that day I didn't say anything to her but finally I saw her again today. I take my lunch there like usual to play games and to talk games and hopefully, now, to see her. She was the only one working today so timing couldn't get any better. Well I let her ring up her customers and ask her about the Halo 2 magazine [I'm also still looking for this magazine! I know its out, I delivered 2!] but she giggled and said she didn't think they were getting it in. She knew I was looking for it because I asked her about the previous week. She even went to to back to look through boxes of new merchandise for it which, in itself, is no big deal but when I asked the guy supervisor for it all he told me was they got some new merchandise in but he wasn't taking it out till later in the day. No biggie again but she was the only one working on that day also and at GameStop they don't leave the front if they only have 1 person working to prevent theft...that male supervisor already had a person in the back plus him. Was she just trying to go the extra step just for me?

Back to today. Well, really quick, my cousin told me he skipped school and he was in there and he had seen her (he said she was 'fine') and said that all of these guys were hitting on her but she just kept on telling them 'no'. Well, seeing that I wasted most of my lunch time I just go up to her and go for the gold:
[I walk up to the counter and she is smiling like she knows I don't have video games on my mind]
Me-"Hey, do you have a boyfriend?"
Tiffany-"Huh? [giggles] Oh, yeah, I'm married..."
Me-[interrupting]"Oh, damn, my bad. Alright then"
[I look at her hand and see that cheap a$$ ring and then walk away to play a game and then I leave]

She's MARRIED?!?!?!
She's only like 24!
I looked like this:
i fELT lIKE tHIS:

NOOOO!!!
I finally start to dig a chick that I think I can actually have a good thing with and she's married? I don't have trouble getting girls IMO but I don't even really try. I was waiting to get a girl I really, really liked.

Well you can look at what I did and say "You blew it" but I don't think so. Sure, I was suprised and taken back by her saying she was married and I left like a jerk but I don't think it was wasted. She was noticeably concerned when I asked about her having a boyfriend like "yeah, I do, but so what?" type of look. Am I imagining this? Anyway, like I said, I did leave like an a$$ and it got to me. So I called information and got the phone number.

I called back to the store about an hour and a half later. She answered:
Tiffany-"Thank you for calling GameStop where you can buy and trade used games, this is Tiffany."
Me-"Hey Tiffany, this is that mailman guy that was in there earlier. [about this time another phone starts to ring and I can hear it in the background] I was calling because of the way I left earlier. I know you get a lot of guys hitting on you and I didn't want to seem like that but I did."
Tiffany-[in a cheery voice] "Okay"
Me-"So next time I see you I won't be so mean....[short pause] Alright then, later."

Two things stick out in my mind about this. She really takes this job seriously so why didn't she answer the other phone/customer calling? To hear what I had to say? I had to hang up on her, she was listening the whole time. Wouldn't a girl who wasn't interested just hang up? Like I said we have been flirting lightly but NOTHING concrete to say we have a relationship now.

My phone call to her at work was in hindsight, as absurd as my response when I was there in person. But again, I got something from it...

...she's still interested. Trust me on this, I know. But still...

...she's married! But I really think me and this girl can have a good thing and she's giving me hints to further my advances. Hmmm...well, if I was married I wouldn't want some loser trying to hook up with my wife but I really think different about this. I told my friend she was married and he said to "Charge it to the game" and forget it but I can't. She knows it and I know it; there is something their between us. Ever since way back when she wouldn't sell me Tony Hawk 4! Funny side note is that my girlfriend at the time didn't like her when Tiffany was working at that other store because she was hastling her about her picking up the pre-ordered Unreal Championship game she got for me. My ex told me she was rude to her and I believe it. I didn't like her attitude then but I was still attracted to her. Now that I "know" her a little better too, I think I caught the vapors! lol
She gots me...damn! I also think my ex didn't like her because she knew I would be attracted to her...

Anyway, I told my friend I've made my mind up, I'm pursuing this girl. Thats right. She may be married but I'm going to find out how happy she is with him and how happy we could possibly be. I know I'm checking off #4 on the "Mailman Stereotype List" being that I'm trying to get a married woman to get with me but hey, nobody's perfect and I really do think me and her are a good thing. And she shows me hints that she thinks the same.

Okay, now I'm asking all of the GR members (man and woman/boy and girl) to respond with what they would do in the same situation.
Would you pursue the girl/boy if they were married/had a boy/girlfriend? Would you just forget about it? You must think about this not like this person is just "another person" you may like but someone you think is the one you think you could have a serious relationship with...possibly marry. Yeah, its pretty serious.

I'm telling you that even though I'm not going on a lot, I know that something is up between us. You would know too if you was in my posistion.

Above all though please give you Gods Honest response on how you REALLY feel about this. If you have been being the GR "nice guy" but you would step over your own mother to get to the girl of your dreams even if she was married then let it be known here! If your the tough guy humanist who doesn't give a fu*k about anything but feel that trying to get with a married girl is going to far then tell me here! If your a god damn spammer with nothing better to do then get a fu*king life and don't post here. Make a topic about how your leaving and come back 2 days later instead.

PLEASE, I'M REALLY INTERESTED HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS. WHENEVER I POST SOMETHING RELEVANT ABOUT ME AND TIFFANY I WILL CHANGE THE DATE ON THE POST. TODAY IS 5/7/03.

Wish me luck or tell me to go to hell!
Either way, you'll get the truth about this here.
Please stay tuned.

[ 06-18-2003: Message edited by: Optimus Crime ]

[ 07-06-2003: Message edited by: Optimus Crime ]

--------------------

Optimus Crime for World Dictator in 2006.
XBL GamerTag: x 1 Up x

Posts: 815 | From: right here. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
DRUFER
Pouncing Turtle

Member # 5410

posted 05-07-2003 20:01      Profile for DRUFER   Email DRUFER   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would leave her alone if she was married, because honestly, its not my place to **** that up. it would be wrong to screw with a marrage, thats some serious stuff. You could get yourselfv into quite a bit of trouble.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by xmurf:
wait a minute.. the xbox is not a cellphone? It sure had me for a moment there what with it being so small and all that stuff. :)

My hands are tied
My body bruised, you got me with
nothing to win, and nothing left to loose
And you give
And you give
And you give yourself away.

Posts: 1081 | From: banging head against wall. | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
PIGSATESK8
Mad Cow

Member # 3927

posted 05-07-2003 20:02      Profile for PIGSATESK8   Email PIGSATESK8   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just leave her. I would never want to be the guy who ****s up a marriage.

--------------------

*I put on my robe and wizard hat*

Posts: 2354 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mr.Himashi
Mad Cow

Member # 5625

posted 05-07-2003 20:06      Profile for Mr.Himashi   Email Mr.Himashi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yup, just leave her alone..

--------------------

Sehr Gut!

Posts: 2167 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
X
Immaculate Dragon

Member # 5311

posted 05-07-2003 20:16      Profile for X   Email X   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know you feel like she's 'right' for you, but imagine if you were her husband, and someone had a crucsh on her.
Believe me, dont do it, you will get over her. It will take time of course, but you will get over her.
So, dont go for it, but deep inside hope that someday she might walk up to you and ask you out and tell you she got divorced. Well, thats the only way.

Right now, Get over her.

PS: Find that dame OXM magzine!

[ 05-07-2003: Message edited by: X ]

--------------------

For buying out who and whatever the fuck we want, there's no greater power than X.

-Microsoft.

Dumbass List:
1. Kornd0g.
2. Hmmm, seems like he's the Undisputed Champion in this category...

Posts: 1858 | From: Nellyville/STL. | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cladwell
Mad Cow

Member # 6405

posted 05-07-2003 20:22      Profile for Cladwell   Email Cladwell   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey man. i HIGHLY suggest you leave this girl alone. if she is married, then msot likely she feels happy with her husband.

if you truely loved this woman, you would respect what SHE wants.

sorry man. it wasnt meant for you two..

--------------------

www.rwa.vze.com
U should know this!! --> iddqd
Official RWA Village Idiot

Posts: 2392 | From: B.C. Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kornd0g
Drunken Master

Member # 2205

posted 05-07-2003 20:29      Profile for Kornd0g   Email Kornd0g   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I say leave her alone...

if she just had a BF or something..then id say go for it, but marriage is a different story. put your self in the guys shoes and think how you would feel.

--------------------

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

-You know your dumn when you dont see my point. - X

How ironic.

Posts: 5693 | From: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
KurtCobain94
Drunken Master

Member # 1395

posted 05-07-2003 20:37      Profile for KurtCobain94   Email KurtCobain94   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
she has a thing for you and she sees you often? but you say "im the mailman from earlier today"

you ask her if she has a boyfriend before you even tell her what your name is?

leave her alone man. this is this girl I love, yes love, im 15 and in love with someone who I have never seen past a web cam. but i know what love is. and she feels the same way, we have come to feel deeply for each other, but the deal is, although ive known her longer than her boyfriend, is that she hsa a boyfriend, and the distance between us is great, well, only 200 miles, but still. I respect that she is taken, and wait, she respects that she has a boyfriend, who she often says she would be happy with me even if it is long distance. but we both think, it is wrong to break up with someone cause you like someone else better, and im keeping myself, waiting for her, as i know the day will come.

my advice is become her friend, get to know her, find out about her, and be there for her. if things go sour with her marriage, then move in as support, and be a friend. if they get a divorce, be there to hold her when she cries, but till then, be a friend.

it will hurt you i know, it will. but if u say she is the one, if she is the one, you are in love with her, and she loves you, but, when you say Im the mailman, i dont think it is love yet.

--------------------

"Now, in front of you, I can finally die, After Zanzibar, I was taken from the battle, neither truly alive nor truly dead, an undying shadow in the world of lights, But soon, soon, It will...finally, end. Snake, we're not tools of the Government or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing, the only thing I was ever good at. But at least, I always fought for what I believed in. Snake, Farewell." - Gray Fox, Frank Jaeger - Metal Gear Solid

Posts: 5911 | From: Mesquite, Texas | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Optimus Crime
Impeccable Tiger

Member # 923

posted 05-07-2003 20:43      Profile for Optimus Crime     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My bad dude^^^
She knows my name but she doesn't know that I know that she knows it...but she does. A guy who works with her told her. He knows me. I didn't want to be like, "Hey, this is *Homer from earlier" when she doesn't think but does think that I she knows my name.

Basically, I was checking her reaction. Sorry, I missed that. Keep posting. Like I said, whenever something relevant or anything happens with me and her I will change the DATE on the topic of this post. thanks
*not real name

[ 05-07-2003: Message edited by: Optimus Crime ]

particleman
Immaculate Dragon

Member # 8344

posted 05-08-2003 04:32      Profile for particleman   Email particleman   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Leave her alone. But that really sux. Man, if I were in your shoes I would feel like a puddle of goo. That is really sad.

--------------------

tasty wheat!!

Posts: 1512 | From: that place | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
FlyingKiwi
Drunken Master

Member # 2406

posted 05-08-2003 05:31      Profile for FlyingKiwi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm going to say leave her alone, but its not really going to matter, because your going to follow your own path regardless. If one person says you should keep trying, i have the feeling you will keep trying.

I would never get in the way of someones marriage, unless I knew the guy was a jerk (cheating etc) and the girl was a friend or someone who I knew deserved better (not saying i'ld move in afterwards or anything).

Given how much you've talked to this girl, and how much you've actually seen of her personality and the relationship between the two of you, i would say this is a crush more then it is love. Which is always hard to understand when you think you are so in love with a person.

If it was me, i'ld keep out of it and as Kurt said, try and be a friend. If she is really that great then you'ld be better off having her as a friend then not have her in your life at all.

--------------------

Leader of RWA

I joined Game Revolution and all I got was this stupid sig.

Posts: 7913 | From: C:\ | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
§kibo25
Impeccable Tiger

Member # 7820

posted 05-08-2003 06:48      Profile for §kibo25   Email §kibo25   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Depends on the seriosness of their marrage. If they aren't having a good time then go for it. If they are than don't. Also if they have a kid don't.

Ski

--------------------

I am like the wind you will hear me but will never see me.

Posts: 590 | From: The land of infinate pollution, NJ | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The man with the plan
Pouncing Turtle

Member # 5456

posted 05-08-2003 08:02      Profile for The man with the plan   Email The man with the plan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Leave it out man. Do not persue this girl,no matter how much you think you love each other.I mean how would you feel if you were the husband?

Besides, this doesn't really sound like true love to me.As a few people have said in here as well this is more like a schoolboy crush than anything else. She's a real looker to you so basically your eyes(and penis) are telling you that this girl is the one for you. But your head may be saying different things, after all you may have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in common with this girl and trying to start a relationship where you share nothing in common with your partner is basically a nightmare waiting to happen. Since you didn't say anything about actually having a good long converstation with the girl I would assume this is completely based around physical attraction. Which means, unless you do actually share a sacred bond, the relationship you want with her is doomed from the beginning,sorry to be so blunt but it's the truth, you can have a one-night stand with a girl whom you have nothing in common with but a relationship is a completely different story.

And besides, what's wrong with just being friends with the girl? Why do you have to have a relationship with her? I'll never understand why most guys seem to only want to talk to a girl is they think they can get them naked.Maybe I missed something. But anyways my advice? Just talk to her in a friendly manner to see if you have anything in common one day for God's sake please DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID LIKE PERSUING HER!!. Because firstly it's a horrible invasion of privacy and thusforth illegal and secondly which would you prefer; to be a friend(not a lover) of the girl or for her to carry out a restraining order? Answers itself really doesn't it?

Anyways, don't persue her, think about what she wants NOT what you want, it's just common sense really.

[ 05-08-2003: Message edited by: The man with the plan ]

--------------------

All this talk of getting old
It's getting me down my love
Like a cat in a bag, waiting to drown
This time I'm coming down

And I hope you're thinking of me
As you lay down on your side
Now the drugs don't work
They just make you worse
But I know I'll see your face again.

Oh well, whatever, nevermind.

Posts: 1000 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pas de Calais
Pouncing Turtle

Member # 5460

posted 05-08-2003 08:33      Profile for Pas de Calais   Email Pas de Calais   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would say, leave it be, don't pursue her. She's married, and why would u want to screw up someone else's life just because you have a big crush on her. How do u know she's not happy with her husband? If u were married, u would have fantasies about every other girl on the planet. Why? Because you aren't supposed to. She is bound to her husband, see's a nice guy come in to work, and is attracted, she "can't help it". Just leave it man.

--------------------

Fubar.

Here's to you Canada

Here's to your hockey hair
Your long underwear
And multi coloured money
Here's to saying please
Your ducks and geese
And always being funny

Here's to open spaces
Away from rat races
And a beer that quenches the thirst
Here's to being proud
And saying it loud
Even when you don't come first

Here's to your pretty girls
Your black coloured squirrels
And a flag that stands so free
Here's to different races
From different places
Who love this country - like me

But most of all
Here's to standing tall and saying it like a true Acadian
"I love this land, I love this country", and
"I am Canadian!"
Cheers!

Posts: 1356 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
HolyKnight
Young Master

Member # 5005

posted 05-08-2003 12:17      Profile for HolyKnight   Email HolyKnight   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd pursue her, perhaps just talk for now, just be friends, maybe she might get a divorce! and then you can sweep her off her sweep, and you guys can have lil gamer kids in the future!

--------------------

Terror Squad Clan

XBL Gamertag: SoEr007

Recently Acquired games: Battlefield 1942 & Final Fantasy VII

Posts: 2903 | From: Uber Land | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
breakboykarim
Soaring Phoenix

Member # 2759

posted 05-08-2003 12:48      Profile for breakboykarim   Email breakboykarim   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know there are ways to have fun and not spoil marriages...

Oh ya...

BBK

--------------------

Originally said by Archangel MSN

It's your choice to do what you want, or what you like to do. It's your life, not mine, and just because I may disagree with you about something whether it is what you do, who you are, how you do something, or who you do, I'll respect you as a person and as a friend no matter what my opinion is on the subject.

quote:
Originally posted by KurtCobain94:
[QB], do you have a block up popper, QB]

Posts: 3828 | From: Er...well I am sitting in this room but...to be sure... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
voice-
Drunken Master

Member # 1204

posted 05-08-2003 12:52      Profile for voice-   Email voice-   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna have to ask you to leave her alone too. See it as an investment in your own future. You say it's so serious you concider marrying her. Yet, if she leaves her husband for you then marrige means NOTHING to her. And if you can't respect her ring and leave her be, then it means as little to you too.

You've found a great girl, but not the only one of them.

--------------------

Software is like sex - it's better when it's free
-Linus Torvalds

My songs
The most on-topic site ever

Posts: 5652 | From: Narvik (Norway) | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
dynasty3
Drunken Master

Member # 4269

posted 05-08-2003 13:12      Profile for dynasty3   Email dynasty3   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...Huh? From what youve posted, it seems she isnt even interested and you want to stalk her.... thats how it came out....

--------------------

"You people need people like me. You need the bad guys, like Tony Montana. So when something bad happens you can point your fingers, and look good. Does that make you good? No, you just know how to hide it. Me, I dont hide it. I ALWAYS tell the TRUTH, even when I LIE!"

-Tony Montana (Al Pacino) in Scarface

"There is no spoon."

*FOUNDER OF VALC*- Vote Against Link Campaign

Posts: 6810 | From: Canada! Eh? Canada!!!! Go Leafs Go!! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
xmurf
Flying Monkey

Member # 602

posted 05-08-2003 15:03      Profile for xmurf     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hmm.. no offense, but this mailman thing and a married chick sounds like a pr0n movie.

"here's this urgent package for you, mrs. it's labeled 'hard to handle'".

I'd just leave her alone.

Posts: 480 | From: Behind ya! W00T! | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
littlebopeep
Impeccable Tiger

Member # 8827

posted 05-08-2003 15:22      Profile for littlebopeep     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I's leave her alone that way, but you know maybe if yall could be friends you never know what may happen in a couple of years...she may get divorced and you could be there to comfort her...then you may never know what may happen, but with how your feelings sound im not sure if you could handle just a friendship.....

[ 05-08-2003: Message edited by: littlebopeep ]

--------------------

I LOVE you!

Posts: 641 | From: they sell hotdogs in Mianus | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rauno
Flying Monkey

Member # 7397

posted 05-08-2003 15:31      Profile for Rauno   Email Rauno   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Give her some money and say your a porn site and say ill do you for 50,000 bucksd.

--------------------

OFFICIAL KING OF GAME POST AND GAME REVOLUTION

Posts: 392 | From: GreenWhich, CT | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Optimus Crime
Impeccable Tiger

Member # 923

posted 05-08-2003 15:44      Profile for Optimus Crime     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey, its me. I went up there again today to see if she was there (she wasn't) and to see if that damn magazine came in yet (it didn't). Since nothing happened with Tiffany and me the DATE on the post remains the same.

Thank You for all the responses and please keep them coming. I appreciate your honesty and your replies ARE NOT falling on deaf ears. I'm actually listening and I thought about this a lot today.

But like I said I AM planning on pursuing her....as of today.

Another thing is that while I like your suggestions on what I should do I was also wanting you to reply on what YOU WOULD DO IF YOU WAS IN THIS SITUATION. Like I said, imagine as if this was the girl of your dreams type deal.

Yeah, it seems like that school boy crush but...I don't know...something else is there and we both know it. I'm not lieing about that. If you was me or if you could be there when we're around each other, you would notice it too. That guy that knows me up there said he "noticed something".

LOL

That would be FUKCED up if HE was the husband! damn!

LOL at the "Hard to handle" package post xmurf.

Anyway, please keep up the posting because I'm reading every one and I'm actually taking what you say in. I'm not going to blow off 35 "Don't do it" post for 1 "Do it" post.

I'm also not an idiot and I know my boundaries here, I won't be getting a restraining order ever in this situation. If it even comes close to that then I will just "Charge it to the game".

Going again tommorrow! Till then

ps-thnx for keeping this spam free! Like I said, I really do want your honest response

[ 05-08-2003: Message edited by: Optimus Crime ]

DeadKaos
Pouncing Turtle

Member # 1401

posted 05-08-2003 15:59      Profile for DeadKaos   Email DeadKaos   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I say you go for it, man. If anything goes wrong, you can always just go postal on everyone.

--------------------

ha ha

Rauno
Flying Monkey

Member # 7397

posted 05-08-2003 16:21      Profile for Rauno   Email Rauno   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
***LETS GOATMFUDSFFFFFf
Posts: 392 | From: GreenWhich, CT | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
White_Rabbit
Immaculate Dragon

Member # 293

posted 05-08-2003 16:36      Profile for White_Rabbit   Email White_Rabbit   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
dude....if it were me, I'd say leave it alone..be her friend, see how taht goes...dont interfere...if its meant to be, it'll happen. You dont want to be responsible for breakin up a marriage...that just wouldn't be cool..and some part of u would feel guilty.

U ask for our advice, and u go out and pursue it anyways...tsk tsk..man...I know what its like for u to not be able to have the girl of ur dreams..u just gotta deal with it. Don't interfere with the relationship...just be her friend, and if ur time comes it comes..dont ruin a marriage for ur own benefeit if thats what ur thinkin of doing.

Posts: 1669 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Squall Leonhart
Sitting Duck

Member # 8707

posted 05-08-2003 16:38      Profile for Squall Leonhart   Email Squall Leonhart   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would have to agree with everyone else. Don't boher her. She IS married.

--------------------

Final Fantasy is an awesome graphical Role Playing game with a streaming and consistent storyline. I love to play it.

Posts: 81 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cyclone
Mad Cow

Member # 7109

posted 05-08-2003 16:43      Profile for Cyclone   Email Cyclone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why are u wasting your time pursuing her? THeres plenty more damn fish in the sea. But then again ive found a fish that i really really like and she came to me so im happy.

Do whatever man.. but think about the other poor guy.. even though i imagine youll get nowhere. No offense.

Go find another fish that you like even more. They are out there. I know this..

--------------------

Must be your skin that I'm sinking in
Must be for real cos now I can feel
And I didn't mind
It's not my kind
Not my time to wonder why
Everything's gone white
And everything's grey
Now you're here now you're away
I don't want this
Remember that
I'll never forget where you're at

-- Bush, Glycerine

Best song ever.

Posts: 2361 | From: In my igloo watching hockey with my pet polar bear 'eh | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lord Stanley
Soaring Phoenix

Member # 5478

posted 05-08-2003 16:56      Profile for Lord Stanley     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Optimus Crime:
Okay, now I'm asking all of the GR members (man and woman/boy and girl) to respond with what they would do in the same situation.
Would you pursue the girl/boy if they were married/had a boy/girlfriend? Would you just forget about it? You must think about this not like this person is just "another person" you may like but someone you think is the one you think you could have a serious relationship with...possibly marry. Yeah, its pretty serious.

I've been in your situation before. Icepick can kind of back me up on this, I was telling him about one day. Anway, I was in love with a married, 24 year old blonde with 2 kids. She was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I was in love with her, and she was in love with me, but because of my age, nothing could come of it. We were perfect for each other. We had the same interests, could talk for hours, and loved each other. If we were the same age, I guarentee you that we would be married. For 6 months we had this little fling, nothing major. We made out once in her basement, but that was it. In November her and her husband filed for a divorce, partly because of me. Then in January, me totally in love with her, my mom called her and told her to stay away from me or (and I quote) "she'd have someone take care of her." And that was it, I came home from school one day and she said she didn't want anything to happen to her, and we had to stop seeing each other. It wasn't her choice, she just had to stop seeing me because of my mom. So there I was, sitting in my room knowing that the only person I've ever loved (the word love is thrown around a lot and not really meaningful, but I truely loved her) I will never see again. I was heartbroken and didn't feel like doing anything.

My point to all of this is that this is a hard decision. I look back on it and think, I caused a marriage to be ruined, gave lots of headaches to people, and was heartbroken. But then I also think that when I spent time with her, that was when I was happiest. I've never been happier in my entire life than when I was with her. She was my first love, my best friend, and will always be a part of me. I will never stop loving her and I will never, ever forget her.

So my final words to you are, be careful. Sure I had the best time of my life with her, sure she taught me what the true meaning of love was, and sure my best memories are times with her, but the fact is it isn't just about you and her. You will hurt other people in doing so, you will cause problems, it will affect more than you think. Choose carefully, but really, it's up to you your heart, and your mind. But remember, your heart is a great thing to lead you in a decision, do what is in your heart. But then again, your heart doesn't know right from wrong, and it also doesn't know the consequences of your actions, but your mind does. So use your heart and your mind as one, then make your decision. As others said, there are more fish in the sea.

[ 05-08-2003: Message edited by: Lord Stanley ]

--------------------

There are two things in life...

1. Hockey

2. More Hockey

Posts: 3257 | From: Anywhere in the World at any time... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Crazy Kid
Impeccable Tiger

Member # 8398

posted 05-08-2003 16:58      Profile for Crazy Kid   Email Crazy Kid   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PIGSATESK8:
Just leave her. I would never want to be the guy who ****s up a marriage.

agreed

--------------------

Global Moderator of the much loved Windows Longhorn site, Microbeta.net

Webmaster of the much loved beta site, beta.go.cc

Posts: 541 | From: Roswell, GA , USA, N. America, Earth, Milky Way | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Optimus Crime
Impeccable Tiger

Member # 923

posted 05-25-2003 21:55      Profile for Optimus Crime     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I let this go. I didn't think anyone cared but I do have some news.

I called and asked her if we could start talking. She was like yeah. I asked for her cell phone number. She said she couldn't give it to me because her husband is with her all the time when she's not working but she said I could go up there to her job and talk whenever.... So I said email addy but she doesn't do that. She doesn't have an inernet connection. She is an assistant manager and 19 btw.

And she is still hot.

She kept bringing up the point that whenever I wanted to talk to her to go up there and talk while on the phone. I called GameStop to talk to her.

When I went into the store at around 11:30 am she was the only one in there and me. She acted nervous like she didn't know what to do and this made me feel bad. I really, REALLY want to get with her but I don't want to make her uncomfortable. damn. Her husband even called while I was in there and they talked for like 2 minutes until he p!ssed her off by saying something wrong (boy, do I know what thats like). She was hanging up with him and I guess he told her "I love You" because she said it too but she said it like in the quiet garbled voice way..."iovyu"...you know? She took a quick glance at me too to see if (?) I knew who she was talking to? Dunno, but either way, I felt worse after this. She is too special (yeah, special, so what! nobody uses this word anymore...) to have to feel uncomfortable around me and to have to garble I love you on the phone. I just felt like crap but I wanted her bad and she still was showing interest but I told her when she hung up...
"Hey, uh, I'm not going to talk to you like that anymore. My bad"
She said, "Oh, Okay" [laughing half heartedly] like always.
She knew thats not what I really wanted to say just by the look on my face. She had the same look like, "Why? What happened?" I ended up buying Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for X-Box while there. I was wearing my post office hat and she was trying to see my face as I was signing my name on the receipt. She knew I was upset and she was waiting for me to say something else. Dude, I'm telling you, I know. I am talking about some serious tension in the room at that time.

I gave up.

I still go back and now we really bullsh!t a lot more together but we have that weird block between us because we both are waiting for the next "part" to drop. We're both waiting to see what happens with us. But I'm being respectful. I don't harass her like someone alluded to. Just friends with tension. She always talks to me but she knows I really want more. If there is a personal call that she gets (husband again?) she hangs up saying she has customers in the store and she can't talk even if its just me playing Enter The Matrix in the store with her. Even the security guards gets the brush off treatment with her. She was working pretty hard on just getting the two security guys out of the store so its just us 2 again. Its True, I won't lie here like I said even if she told me I was damn ugly and scary. It would kill the point of posting all this crap.

So, like I said, something is there but we are afraid (?) to take the next step. Now, I would normally but...she wouldn't know what to do with her marriage. I would fukc up her life and thats sucks.

Damn, why did I renew this damn topic. ahhh...depresssion...the ailment of choice for young people on the go huh?

I want her
She wants me (?)
Doesn't matter, I can't have her

BUT

If something does change and it possible, trust me because the sexual tension is thick as hell between us, then I'm going for it.

I'm going tommorow or Tuesday because I'm off work tomorrow and Tuesday I have jury duty so I might drop by in some nice clothes for a change. We'll see what happens and I'll continue to post updates periodically since someone may care. If nobody cares then I'll still post and you can make fun of me/cuss me out/agree with me/provide advice or whatever because I'll read it.

Its not like I don't want to be with her, its just I don't want to ruin her life. Its up to her now.

[ 05-25-2003: Message edited by: Optimus Crime ]

voice-
Drunken Master

Member # 1204

posted 05-25-2003 22:06      Profile for voice-   Email voice-   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It may not seem like it right now, but you did the right thing. Don't wait up for her, but if she does come you will know she cares. If not, try to look onwards. You have my sympathy.
Posts: 5652 | From: Narvik (Norway) | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
yorky
Impeccable Tiger

Member # 4982

posted 05-25-2003 22:28      Profile for yorky   Email yorky   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
man... complicated stuff. Situation so far:
you- a wall (her husband) -Tiffany
Your goal- to get that wall out of the way as carefully as possible. If you pull the wrong brick from the wall it will topple all over Tiffany therefor ending your relationship forever.
The smart thing would be to take the wall down brick by brick starting from the top. The risk with that is that when you're finally finished you might be shocked to see that Tiffany is no longer there. But, there's still hope. You may be able to obtain one very important tool that could speed up the process of getting rid of that wall. The tool: love. But, you don't yet have all the pieces for that tool. You have merely a portion. Who posesses the rest of the parts? Tiffany does. If you could get Tiffany to give you all the parts to that tool, you could remove that wall that's separating you two from eachother's arms. But beware, to obtain these parts you must take it slow with Tiffany. Any flaw could make Tiffany give those parts to the wall, making it able to build itself higher and thicker, making it so high and thick that Tiffany might give up on you and help the wall get higher and thicker, therefor making it impossible to get past that wall. So take it slow, take it easy, and don't give up.

I hope that this idea may help you, cause if it didn't I've wasted a whole half hour of my life.

--------------------

Scooby Doo can doo-doo, but Jimmy Carter is smarter.
-Homer Simpson

Welcome to my submarine layer. It's long and hard and full of seamen.
-Dr.Evil

Check out my website @:
http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/castlevania/

Posts: 722 | From: Deep south | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Falaxor
Immaculate Dragon

Member # 3291

posted 05-25-2003 22:44      Profile for Falaxor     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
so she's 19 AND married? for how long!?

--------------------

Leader of RWA

Welcome to "what the hell does THAT mean" our guest this week, none other than Mikey Vassallo

quote:
Originally posted by Mikey Vassallo :
They got took for 2500 bucks

I hate Halo.

Posts: 1694 | From: http://www.game-revolution.com/chatter/gamepost.html | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
FlYiNg_ChUnKy_MoNkEy
Pouncing Turtle

Member # 2636

posted 05-25-2003 22:44      Profile for FlYiNg_ChUnKy_MoNkEy   Email FlYiNg_ChUnKy_MoNkEy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorky:
man... complicated stuff. Situation so far:
you- a wall (her husband) -Tiffany
Your goal- to get that wall out of the way as carefully as possible. If you pull the wrong brick from the wall it will topple all over Tiffany therefor ending your relationship forever.
The smart thing would be to take the wall down brick by brick starting from the top. The risk with that is that when you're finally finished you might be shocked to see that Tiffany is no longer there. But, there's still hope. You may be able to obtain one very important tool that could speed up the process of getting rid of that wall. The tool: love. But, you don't yet have all the pieces for that tool. You have merely a portion. Who posesses the rest of the parts? Tiffany does. If you could get Tiffany to give you all the parts to that tool, you could remove that wall that's separating you two from eachother's arms. But beware, to obtain these parts you must take it slow with Tiffany. Any flaw could make Tiffany give those parts to the wall, making it able to build itself higher and thicker, making it so high and thick that Tiffany might give up on you and help the wall get higher and thicker, therefor making it impossible to get past that wall. So take it slow, take it easy, and don't give up.

I hope that this idea may help you, cause if it didn't I've wasted a whole half hour of my life.

Yeah, what this guy said. Lol, Yorky, sounds like an extremely specific horoscope off virtualkiss.com, lol. Anyway, wait a while. Could take 3 months; could take 3 years. Wait and see what happens. I know EXACTLY how you feel and have been through the EXACT same situation minus the marriage part (just a boyfriend.) Something you should do though, is picture them at their wedding with all their family and friends. I'm not trying to put you down. But just understand: Messing with marriage is serious stuff. Stay at a happy medium of not being to aggressive or giving up. Just wait.

--------------------

Your Mom.

yorky
Impeccable Tiger

Member # 4982

posted 05-25-2003 22:49      Profile for yorky   Email yorky   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
^ Wow, the first compliment I've gotten for a pathetically long post. Or was it a compliment? Hmmmmm...
Optimus Crime
Impeccable Tiger

Member # 923

posted 05-25-2003 23:00      Profile for Optimus Crime     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorky:
man... complicated stuff.
...I hope that this idea may help you, cause if it didn't I've wasted a whole half hour of my life.

lol

Thanks for taking interest in this. I read every post on this thread and I listen to what was said. If me taking what you said to heart is reason enough for you then, no, you didn't waste 30 minutes of your life here. You could've had a V8! heh. (damn, I hope someone else has heard that saying besides me...)

I forgot to mention that er...I'm seeing this girl now. Well dating but SHE would want to marry. How do I know? Because she mentions it NOT subtlely often. ughhhh...She isn't with me just because I need someone to be with; she is more than that. Even with that said though, we have a history thats very f*cked up. SOOO I'm not looking to marry her anytime soon or get married period until I find the one.

The thing about Tiffany is that was the way it felt. She was the one. Or so I thought.

Me and the girl I'm with now get along (for now) but we always go back and forth too much...yep, I'll admit it. She is my ex. A major ex though. I'm not looking for a reason to get rid of her by chasing Tiffany because with this girl (eh, lets call her Amy since this might become a whole new subject BUT I hope not!) tommorrow might be the last time we see each other for another 3 months.

I am currently with Amy but I would give myself totally to Tiffany. damn, I'm gonna come off like an a$$ to a lot of people now...

You have to understand that me and Amy is a situation where its NOT going to work but we are just dating again. Sure, she wants marriage but she messed that up a long time ago. She's more than a "passing relationship" but I wouldn't put much stock into us.

Either way I agree with the Tiffany thing. Thanks for your unbiased post. Seriously.

*Time to face the wrath of the GR puritans now...

Optimus Crime
Impeccable Tiger

Member # 923

posted 05-25-2003 23:02      Profile for Optimus Crime     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Falaxor:
so she's 19 AND married? for how long!?

She has been with him for 6 years and married 2.

breakboykarim
Soaring Phoenix

Member # 2759

posted 05-25-2003 23:07      Profile for breakboykarim   Email breakboykarim   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just WHAT is it with ya'll americans?!

I hope you are engaged though, because that is a good way to buy more time and to think if you really want this marriage or not...

BBK

Posts: 3828 | From: Er...well I am sitting in this room but...to be sure... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Falaxor
Immaculate Dragon

Member # 3291

posted 05-25-2003 23:09      Profile for Falaxor     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow, married at 17, thats something you dont see a lot often anymore. And dont worry i totally get the "im with her but i would drop everything for her. It happened to me in the past, but nothing ever happened.Life is weird sometimes, you're with someone but you have this gut feeling that you should be with someone else. Im sorry i can't give you any advice, cause i didnt know how to handle the situation either, i just did nothing. So the unevitable happened and we slowly lost contact and i never see her anymore When you think about it, you're kinda like Niobe from the matrix! (you know, she's with locke but she loves Morpheus.

hey! i HAD to find a movie reference to your problem!

Posts: 1694 | From: http://www.game-revolution.com/chatter/gamepost.html | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
yorky
Impeccable Tiger

Member # 4982

posted 05-25-2003 23:17      Profile for yorky   Email yorky   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Time for more wise words....

Your ex is merely a leaf blowing in the wind. It passes by every now and then , but if you ignore it the wind will eventually carry that leaf away therefor leaving you wondering why you bothered to have anything to do with it in the first place.

Now I'll go to bed before I explain in huge detail the meaning of life. Maybe tomorrow I'll apply for a job in writing the fortunes in fortune cookies.lol

All times are PT (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Game Revolution

All programming and content copyright 1996-2003 by Net Revolution Inc. All rights reserved. Use is subject to terms & conditions.