Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Panasonic DVD Hard Drive Recorder

hootie1492

Likes # 0

In the last couple of months anything I record on to the hard drive is dreadful quality and you have to have the volume right up to hear anything and what you can hear is bad quality. Things I have recorded a long while ago play back fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Have you tried retuning?

Like this post
hootie1492

Likes # 0

Thanks for replying no I haven't would that clear all the recordings I have on the hard drive?

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Can't see any reason why a retune would affect the existing recordings. Fruitbat simply wants to determine if the stations are correctly tuned in and if not then that might be the reason for poor recording. The fact that old programs play OK narrows it down to the recording quality which is dependent on the DVD recorder or/and the quality of the signal being received. Maybe your aerial needs looking at as this could cause severe degradation of the incoming signal.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

No retunig would leave all the recordings intact but you would have to set up any recording schedules again.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Hi Fruitbat Now understand where you are coming from

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Try taking out all leads and cleaning the connections. Unless they are the gold plated type there is always a danger that they have oxydised and that will give bad connections that can result in the problems that you are experiencing.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Hi Canarieslover

Hardly likely as everything is playing from old recordings and it is only new recordings that are being affected that is unless I have made an incorrect assumption ie that the Hard Drive Recorder includes its own tuner and thus does not depend on connections from the TV. Unfortunately the OP does not state what model it is so maybe a confirmation one way or the other would help to narrow down the problem source.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

Advertisement
IDG UK Sites

Jolla smartphone review: The iPhone and Android alternative with Sailfish OS

IDG UK Sites

FileThis cloud filing service exits beta

IDG UK Sites

Top 10 vital pieces of future tech: Plusnet reveals home of the future

IDG UK Sites

20 best Illustrator tutorials