Help/FAQ

Help/FAQ » Social networks

Social networks

I want to use Facebook with My Opera

You can use your Facebook account with My Opera. Once connected, your My Opera status will be displayed on Facebook and integrated with your friends' status.

To connect to Facebook click on the "settings" icon in the menu. Choose "Account" and go to "Social networks". Click "Connect to Facebook". Follow the instructions to connect with Facebook.

Some of these settings require permissions on Facebook which you must allow when you connect with the service.

When you disconnect from Facebook all settings are reset and the active functionalities are removed, but the My Opera Facebook application is not removed from your Facebook account. To do so, you must manually remove the application from the "Edit applications" page on your Facebook profile.

I want to use Twitter with My Opera

You can now share your My Opera activites on Twitter. When you upload a new image or write a new blog post we can push the news to all of your followers on Twitter! In addition, you can view all tweets in My Opera's activity feed (as seen on your "Home" page). Naturally, we'll only share content that is set to "Public".

To use Twitter with My Opera simply click on the "settings" icon in the menu. Choose "Account" and go to "Social networks". Click "Connect to Twitter".

Fill in your Twitter username and password and click "Save". Please note: Your Twitter-feed needs to have activity otherwise we can't connect to it. Once you have connected, choose the options you want and click "Save". To disconnect, hit the X button.

I have concerns about the security of my login details

We don't store your password in clear text. Before storing it in our database we encode it. This means that if we need to read our database manually, we can't see your password! Twitter and Facebook use OAuth for authentication. This means that after you have initially granted My Opera permissions, tokens will be used for authentication and your password is never stored with us.

Download Opera - Surf the Web with lightning speed, using the fastest browser ever.