Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Mobile Phone Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Need a smart phone, not a large one but big enough for glasses wearers.

Baskerville

Likes # 0

Hello Everyone,

I've had a Samsung Tocco lite for 3 years so i'm not someone who is keeping much of an eye on new tech stuff, but now I want to change my phone and I'm happy to take the plunge into a new smartphone. I don't want a great big handset just a bigger phone that can do the business. I have checked the top ten phones out but the one I like is getting plenty of stick for lack of memory or upgrade facility HTC Mini, the size of this phone is what I can manage, in fact all the HTCs are good size wise and the one i really like is the HTC ONE X+ but I cannot seem to buy it anywhere.

I don't download music or videos/films etc so the size of the storage would for me not be such a big prob, I want a phone with a FM speaker facility as I cannot wear ear plugs, I would like to be able to take a photo through a telescope as Astronomy is my bag, if it has a built in compass all the better for aligning a tripod and be able to download all the apps for astronomy and birdwatching, so all in all a good but not too big of a screen and as I wear glasses i would still be able to see the screen.

Can anyone pick the bones out of that ? a really good camera is one thing I would like and perhaps a good video if I wanted to say take a vid of the night sky, music is not my bag so not bothered about that.

A lot of the reviews of these phones seemed to get hammered for say 32 gig of space and should be 64 etc but I'm sure I would not need that sort of capacity, I don't use my mobile much but I'm sure I would if I had a new smartphone but in general I am not a phone techie in any way,

I hope someone can help out here ?

Many thanks,

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Didn't answer before as I thought my choice would be too big. but since you've had no replies, I use the Samsung Galaxy Note, for much the same reasons as you give.

It still fits in a shirt pocket.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

I have a Nokia Lumia 720 , fits in a shirt pocket , nice and slim and not heavy . Runs Windows 8 phone S/W

Like this post
axel_lucus

Likes # 0

Yeah You can go for Nokia 720 and 920. Both are fine I think !!!!!

Like this post
axel_lucus

Likes # 0

I think for Nokia Lumia 720 and 920, Both are fine !!!!!

Like this post
kingparkson

Likes # 0

Like this post
kingparkson

Likes # 0

you can go for MEIZU X2 , really nice one.

enter link description here

Like this post
Baskerville

Likes # 0

Many thanks to all of you,

Baskerville.

Decided:

Got a Samsung S3 Mini.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

close
What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Send to a friend

Email this article to a friend or colleague:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the recipient know who sent the story. Both your name and the recipient's name and address will not be used for any other purpose.

Advertisement
IDG UK Sites

Netflix vs Apple TV vs LoveFilm vs Now TV: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to get a Retina iPad mini by Christmas

IDG UK Sites

Does Google Glass pose safety, health and security risks?

IDG UK Sites

B-Reel creates community library projects to promote The Book Thief