We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printer won't work after Windows 8.1 update

peterleay

Likes # 0

Since I updated to 8.1 my Lexmark series 5400 won't print. A quick on screen message mentioned something about 'no endpoints'. I checked printer installation and the printer is still ticked as default printer. Then I got message telling me to use 2.0 USB, and not 3.0 USB But this problem has only happened since update. Any ideas?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try reinstalling your Printer Install Lexmark 5400 Series

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

Microsoft have just withdrawn a Windows 8.1 update for "RT". Could this be your problem? Have you tried "rolling back" the update to your previous state?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Windows RT 8.1 is a Windows-based operating system that's optimised for thin and light PCs that have extended battery life and are designed for life on the go.

Which means that it does not apply to the majority of Windows 8 machines that have recently upgraded to 8.1 The standard upgrade is still available in the Microsoft store

Like this post
peterleay

Likes # 0

Sorted thanks! After spending 20 minutes on the Lexmark chat/helpline they told me it was time for me to buy a new Lexmark printer! So - I uninstalled and re-installed and everything's back to normal. Thanks to everyone who answered. And I hadn't seen the blog.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

since updating to w8.1 winows updates keeps wanting to install a hp printer driver update each time i download it its back again on the windows updates as if i had not done anything. hp's own check for updates shows all ok, so hidden the update from ms.

perhaps w8.1 not too printer friendly

Like this post

Reply to this topic

close
What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Send to a friend

Email this article to a friend or colleague:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the recipient know who sent the story. Both your name and the recipient's name and address will not be used for any other purpose.

IDG UK Sites

Google Nexus 5 UK release date, UK price, photos, video and specs: what you need to know about Nexu5......

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air launch: healthy queues at Regent Street

IDG UK Sites

Knightmare-style VR system combines Oculus Rift with motion capture

IDG UK Sites

Will Adobe's CC and CS apps work on Mac OS X Mavericks?