Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best graphics card for my aging mainboard?

Phrixos

Likes # 0

Hello,

I've got an ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series Accelerator running on an Asus P5E Mainboard. For what I do, there's still a lot of life in the (self-built) system, so I have no plans to upgrade the Mainboard/RAM/CPU. My Graphics card, however is showing its age and I'm thinking of upgrading, to the limit, either of the PCIE 2.0 x16 bus or to my £100 budget.

Any recommendations?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Spam from minhin do not open.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Just about any AMD HD graphics card will out perform the one you have. Personally the HD 5670 is sufficient for my needs but take a look at this selection from ebuyer

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Should have added - check your power supply to make sure it has the connections needed for your chosen card and that it has sufficient power to drive it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

close
What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Send to a friend

Email this article to a friend or colleague:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the recipient know who sent the story. Both your name and the recipient's name and address will not be used for any other purpose.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5S price in the UK: How much does the iPhone 5S cost in the UK from Apple and networks

IDG UK Sites

Got an iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c? Or did you stay at home? Watch our video of the London queues and...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 7 secret location spies revealed – disable hidden Location and Privacy settings

IDG UK Sites

iOS 7: leading UX designers give their verdict