Soundtracks Forum

12/9/09 Rosemont, IL distant worlds concert will have black mages

By longhairmike (Aug 08, 2009) (#1)

its about frickin' time they brought in the rock band...i happened to see "final fantasy dec 12" on the rosemont theater sign as i was turning down balmoral last nite.. so i looked it up to confirm it...

yup: http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/

honestly i think that arnie guy is a bit annoying.. if he's going to keep his hair long he needs to hack the sleeves of his suit at least.

i wonder if we could get one of our doll customizers on our forum to turn a Taeyang doll into Nobuo and get him to hold it for a pic at the meet and greet...
might even be able to write off the $150 ticket as an advertising expense.

By Cogo (Aug 08, 2009) (#2)

It is great that Uematsu will be there and playing with a rock band, but it is not The Black Mages, as I have understood it.

By Boco (Aug 08, 2009) (#3)

That's how I understood it as well: Uematsu will be leading local rock musicians in the performance Advent: One Winged Angel. I'd love to go, but I need to save money for tuition instead. >.<;

By Carl (Aug 08, 2009) (#4)

Boco wrote:

...will be leading local rock musicians in the performance of Advent: One Winged Angel.

Ahh, that's an important distinction to note. 
Although the decision was likely to be purely logistical, in that the other MAGES member's scheduels probably weren't all open & available at the same times...
(and that ARW Productions will save a lot of money by using local players too)

Last edited by Carl (Aug 08, 2009)