Advertising

Thread: Signature rules?

1. Signature rules?

Lunarpages.com Web Hosting
    I presume that there are signature rules in this forum. What are those? Where can I find them?
    ohcnetwork

2. I couldnt find them either, but nobody has commented on mine so it must be ok.

3. Sorry for the slow reply. No strict rules on siggys yet, the forum is too new to crack down on anyone. Generally, try to limit it to four lines or less, and don't pack it too full with links. In my experience, I've found the most effective signatures are the ones that give a bit more detail, maybe even a single link and a slogan. Even more so, it's the quality of your postings that make people want to look at the offerings in your signature.

4. Re: Signature rules?

100 words is a lot and will not protect the forum against spammer. This many topics becomes boring. I see a lot of postings here are very "un-formated", just a block of text. Maybe posted by a bot?

I wrote for my own forum a plugin that ads rel="nofollow" to the links from regular members. You can do the same for the signatures, I think a trustful and active member should get a reward.

Maybe an idea to show signatures only for a new member type "Super user".
    The other two rules are great even for SEO

Re: Signature rules?

I agree - there is SEO value, and folks that are participating should be allowed to enjoy it! Spambots are terrible, and dilute forums unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrol122 View Post
    100 words is a lot and will not protect the forum against spammer. This many topics becomes boring. I see a lot of postings here are very "un-formated", just a block of text. Maybe posted by a bot?

I wrote for my own forum a plugin that ads rel="nofollow" to the links from regular members. You can do the same for the signatures, I think a trustful and active member should get a reward.

Maybe an idea to show signatures only for a new member type "Super user".
    The other two rules are great even for SEO

6. Re: Signature rules?

Signature rules are very essential to make away your websites from spammers. Here are some vital rules for secure your websites:
    - Font sizes above 2 are not allowed
    - Images that would not be acceptable to post on the forum.

Re: Signature rules?

KF Sensor is the first product to combine the benefits of signature-based IDS with a honey pot system and It import signature rules written in Snort format, the de-facto industry standard. The Signature Engine then compares this data with each Signature Rule stored in its Signature Base. The signature rule's message is then made available to the user along with the rest of the event details, through the user interface and email alerts.

8. Re: Signature rules?

The Signature Engine then compares this data with each Signature Rule stored in its Signature Base. The signature rule's message is then made available to the user along with the rest of the event details, through the user interface and email alerts.

9. Re: Signature rules?

Thanks dear friends for sharing about signature rules...