Shifting sands: the lost majesty of Prince of Persia http://t.co/DeVmZ2lQ Ed reflects on a wonderful, much-missed series
More News
DmC: Devil May Cry
Monday 14-Jan-2013 9:20 AM

DmC: Devil May Cry

Ninja Theory mixes up a legend, to make something familiar and new 360  4

Anarchy Reigns
Tuesday 8-Jan-2013 4:30 PM

Anarchy Reigns

Platinum smashes fist-first into online gaming 360  3

Rocksmith
Friday 14-Dec-2012 3:13 PM

Rocksmith

This isn't a Guitar Hero clone: Drop-D cynicism 360  14

More Reviews
More Previews
More Features
More Kinect
More Xbox Live
Thor
Thursday 29-Sep-2011 5:48 PM

Thor

Total Film review: Why Branagh's Marvel movie is more little cracker than hammer horror 8

Hall Pass
Tuesday 20-Sep-2011 11:11 AM

Hall Pass

The Farrelly Brothers hit maturity - in the face MOV  4

Hanna
Monday 5-Sep-2011 6:22 PM

Hanna

Like Elektra, but 10 years younger MOV 

Hobo With A Shotgun
Monday 5-Sep-2011 11:45 AM

Hobo With A Shotgun

Not quite "attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion" MOV  1

Rango
Sunday 21-Aug-2011 6:34 PM

Rango

Johnny Depp's weirdness infects Nickleodeon MOV 

Sucker Punch
Monday 15-Aug-2011 6:05 PM

Sucker Punch

Neither sucks nor blows MOV 

DmC: Devil May Cry final hands-on - last look before our rev

Your comments on our articles.

Matt hails "a glorious throwback to 2001"

We've always wanted to big up Ninja Theory, but the studio has a habit of dropping the ball. Previous title, Enslaved was a good game, but the combat wasn't impressive enough to make it great. So, the announcement of DmC came with mixed feelings: we wanted it to be a success, but also feared that it wasn't likely. The dev didn't seem to have the experience, and hero Dante doesn't suffer fools gladly.

... read more

DmC: Devil May Cry final hands-on - last look before our rev

Postby RedBelmont » 07 Jan 2013, 14:11

Though I did enjoy the demo I did think the switching between weapons was a bit of a problem as well. Hopefully it is smoothed out in the final game. I didn't feel it was quick enough when you switched from one weapon to another. As often I was fighting one of the bigger demonic specific enemies, I'd grapple in and go to start my combo but the RT switch was slow and I'd get stunned for hitting the enemy with the wrong weapon.
The Danger Zone
RedBelmont

Re: DmC: Devil May Cry final hands-on - last look before our

Postby fracturedrich » 07 Jan 2013, 16:11

I really enjoyed the demo and thats a first for me so ime waiting on your review to seal the deal.
fracturedrich

Postby Alaric14 » 10 Jan 2013, 14:50

I'm sold already. The series was in desperate need of some changes and as much as I loved the original four games I'm looking forward to everything that's new with Dante.
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14

Postby fracturedrich » 11 Jan 2013, 17:08

Mine has just dropped through the letterbox and i was buzzing, but it keeps freezing for a second here and there at the start so ime installing to see if that helps,i wish it would have come tuesday now with a day 1 patch to help it along.
fracturedrich

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Jan 2013, 17:13

fracturedrich wrote:Mine has just dropped through the letterbox and i was buzzing, but it keeps freezing for a second here and there at the start so ime installing to see if that helps,i wish it would have come tuesday now with a day 1 patch to help it along.

If it's any consolation the only reason we get day one patches is because people like you (and the American's) play it early and field test it for the rest of us. Think of it as taking one for the team :lol:
Do you feel like a hero yet? Do you even remember what your mission originally was?
CunningSmile

Postby fracturedrich » 11 Jan 2013, 17:33

CunningSmile wrote:
fracturedrich wrote:Mine has just dropped through the letterbox and i was buzzing, but it keeps freezing for a second here and there at the start so ime installing to see if that helps,i wish it would have come tuesday now with a day 1 patch to help it along.

If it's any consolation the only reason we get day one patches is because people like you (and the American's) play it early and field test it for the rest of us. Think of it as taking one for the team :lol:

Being a team player i will take one for the team anyday.This is only the second time the postman has been kind, he has let me down by a full week before which put me off ordering online for a full year.
fracturedrich

Postby fracturedrich » 11 Jan 2013, 18:48

It runs like a dream after i installed it.
fracturedrich