Win tickets to Black Ops 2 Live http://t.co/RbtsEE19 Play the game early! Eat in a zombie diner!
More News
Halo 4
Thursday 1-Nov-2012 7:01 AM

Halo 4

343 sets out to reclaim the FPS throne 360  32

Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Saturday 27-Oct-2012 12:44 PM

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Like Ronseal, does exactly what it says on the tin. Including the burning eyes and nausea upon prolonged exposure 360  17

007 Legends
Tuesday 23-Oct-2012 11:08 AM

007 Legends

The game's bombed. Game's. Bombed. 360  15

• Monday 22-Oct-2012 11:09 AM DOOM 3: BFG Edition Hell isn't other people, it's getting shot in the back 360  20
  • Friday 19-Oct-2012 3:23 PM Happy Wars Xbox 360's first free-to-play game doesn't quite dazzle XLA  11
  • Friday 12-Oct-2012 12:51 PM WRC 3 Third time sucky 360  8
  • Friday 12-Oct-2012 8:46 AM Forza Horizon Xbox 360's best sim gets a brasher, brighter spin-off 360  13
  • Thursday 11-Oct-2012 1:00 PM Of Orcs and Men Fighting institutionalised racism is actually quite fun 360  2
  • Thursday 11-Oct-2012 9:00 AM The Walking Dead Episode 4: Around Every Corner Do not ask for whom the bell tolls XLA  18
  • Tuesday 9-Oct-2012 1:00 PM Fable: The Journey Cart, horse and magic spewing mittens at the ready? Albion my way 360  21
More Reviews
More Previews
More Features
Kinect Nat Geo TV
Friday 21-Sep-2012 2:33 PM

Kinect Nat Geo TV

Let's learn about bears and then punch a wolf KIN 

More Kinect
More Xbox Live
Thor
Thursday 29-Sep-2011 5:48 PM

Thor

Total Film review: Why Branagh's Marvel movie is more little cracker than hammer horror 8

Hall Pass
Tuesday 20-Sep-2011 11:11 AM

Hall Pass

The Farrelly Brothers hit maturity - in the face MOV  4

Hanna
Monday 5-Sep-2011 6:22 PM

Hanna

Like Elektra, but 10 years younger MOV 

Hobo With A Shotgun
Monday 5-Sep-2011 11:45 AM

Hobo With A Shotgun

Not quite "attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion" MOV  1

Rango
Sunday 21-Aug-2011 6:34 PM

Rango

Johnny Depp's weirdness infects Nickleodeon MOV 

Sucker Punch
Monday 15-Aug-2011 6:05 PM

Sucker Punch

Neither sucks nor blows MOV 

Closet killers: Xbox 360's best stealth games

Your comments on our articles.

The nine greatest assassins on the console

There's a common misconception that stealth videogames - often declared "dead" by over-weening or uninspired editorialists - are fundamentally an exercise in hiding from things. Well, obviously they're an exercise in hiding from things, but that's not why people enjoy them. Hiding from things can be staggeringly boring, as veterans of countless gently-does-it "palette cleanser" levels in the duller kind of shooter behemoth well know.

... read more

Postby Clanger67 » 10 Oct 2012, 15:08

Yep would agree with most of them.Not sure with Dishonoured still to find out,lol.I reckon i prefer Crysis 1 rather than 2 though.Despite the on rails nature of one enjoyed it a lot more than 2,which i haven't even finished yet.
Stop your trying,to bruise my mind,i can do it on my own.
Clanger67

Postby arranhiggs » 10 Oct 2012, 15:09

Think it sais something about the direction splinter cell is going to not make it onto this list...
If this was about the original console, splinter cell would have dominated
arranhiggs

Re: Closet killers: Xbox 360's best stealth games

Postby OXM ETboy » 10 Oct 2012, 15:12

Conviction missed a mention by inches. If it's last gen stealth you're after, Chaos Theory and Thief: Deadly Shadows are probably the star picks.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Clanger67 » 10 Oct 2012, 15:22

I reckon the last decent SC this gen. was Double Agent,despite the slightly bemusing story,lol.Think it is down to some of the new IP's soon or next year to fill in the gap left by SC because i don't think it will ever be the same again as the classic first ones that made its name.
Clanger67

Postby Caligulove » 10 Oct 2012, 15:38

Disagree with Assassins Creed being in there, personally I feel like its an action game pretending to be something its not. After recommending the second one, as a good game, to a friend who'd never played the series his opinion on it was "its the least stealty, stealth game ever", and I can't argue with that.

Even though its not in the list and a few posts above don't like it, I still think SC Conviction was far better as a stealth game than any Assassins Creed. Especially if you include the totally separate and excellent co-op campaign.
Caligulove

Postby kronk10 » 10 Oct 2012, 16:01

The best stealth game on the list is deffo mark of the ninja and you have to remember that it is only a 2d platformer and yet it feels like so much more when you play it :shock:
kronk10

Postby kronk10 » 10 Oct 2012, 16:05

kronk10 wrote:The best stealth game on the list is deffo mark of the ninja and you have to remember that it is only a 2d platformer and yet it feels like so much more when you play it :shock:

Also have to agree with the last gen thief game as that was bloody brilliant oh and a quick question for OXM have we heard any news on the new thief game? heard the dev's who did the last deus ex game will be making it?
kronk10

Postby ItchyRash » 10 Oct 2012, 16:12

Caligulove wrote:Disagree with Assassins Creed being in there, personally I feel like its an action game pretending to be something its not. After recommending the second one, as a good game, to a friend who'd never played the series his opinion on it was "its the least stealty, stealth game ever", and I can't argue with that.

Even though its not in the list and a few posts above don't like it, I still think SC Conviction was far better as a stealth game than any Assassins Creed. Especially if you include the totally separate and excellent co-op campaign.

Agreed. There were some sections when stealth came into play, and I was genuinely excited when it happened and it seem to finally nail what Assassins Creed should have been but those moments were few and far between. Definitely an action game. And if Brotherhood deserves a mention based purely on an average multiplayer then Conviction deserves a mention based on it's excellent co-op campaign and multiplayer modes. Surely Brotherhood needs off this list and replaced by Conviction. Plus, if 2 Assassins Creed games are allowed then leaving off Hitman Blood Money is a crime. A CRIME! Would also agree that Crysis 1 offers more stealth than 2.

Really looking forward to Dishonoured. Paid no attention to it until I looked over the review. Looks amazing. And glad Hitman is coming along nicely. Was worried they had gone for action.
ItchyRash

Postby Bongzilla1878 » 10 Oct 2012, 16:16

I thought that The Saboteur was a good stealth game, okay, maybe more action with stealth elements but still a good (underrated) game
HEY EVERYONE, COME SEE HOW GOOD I LOOK.
Bongzilla1878

Postby FishyGinger » 10 Oct 2012, 16:24

Seems like a good selection, but maybe splinter cell double agent? Not played it but isn't it in the same style as the older games?

And as for brotherhood, I know I should have been stealthy but think I was far more stealthy in skyrim, running over buildings was too much fun to stay stealthy.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
FishyGinger

Postby Clanger67 » 10 Oct 2012, 16:31

FishyGinger wrote:Seems like a good selection, but maybe splinter cell double agent? Not played it but isn't it in the same style as the older games?

And as for brotherhood, I know I should have been stealthy but think I was far more stealthy in skyrim, running over buildings was too much fun to stay stealthy.

Already mentioned it fourth post down. :wink:
Clanger67

Postby SidTheSloth » 10 Oct 2012, 16:57

Surely bezza will have a meltdown when he reads this? I still agree MGS is a PS series but it is playable on 360 and is a better stealth game than a few on that list!!?

I agree with the AC comments too, i love the series, but have always wanted it to be more stealthy - i just think they'd alienate a lot of the audience if they did? :| I know a lot of people don't like them too, but i actually love the assassin brotherhood apprentices you can train too, love walking around and then calling them in just before i strike!

Really intrigued by mark of the ninja too, will have to invest at some point...

I will say nothing more about Deus Ex... :x >mumble... overrated mumble mumble tedious mumble<
SidTheSloth

Postby Clanger67 » 10 Oct 2012, 17:07

Deus Ex deserves to get a mention as a good stealth game though Sid.There is even a cheevo for not getting spotted. :wink:
Clanger67

Postby Decent_Jam » 10 Oct 2012, 18:17

I enjoyed Deus Ex and Splinter Cell Conviction, which probably says something about my attention span for stealth - I'm more of an all guns blazing (and then die horribly with bullets spraying everywhere) kind of guy.

Good games by reputation on there at least. Interesting to hear everyone's opinions on it.
Decent_Jam

Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/
Twitter: @James_Parry or @ThisIsEntertain
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Decent_Jam

Postby schwepterbrowser » 10 Oct 2012, 18:26

I have to agree with the AC comments as well and I thought Crysis 2 was pretty bad all-round. As others have said MGS and Splinter Cell (including the fantastic Conviction) would have been better picks.
schwepterbrowser

Next