Just spent an entertaining 10 minutes establishing who exactly did the poo in that GTA 5 trailer, after reader outcry. http://t.co/zWRnZSsK
More News
DmC: Devil May Cry
Monday 14-Jan-2013 9:20 AM

DmC: Devil May Cry

Ninja Theory mixes up a legend, to make something familiar and new 360  4

Anarchy Reigns
Tuesday 8-Jan-2013 4:30 PM

Anarchy Reigns

Platinum smashes fist-first into online gaming 360  3

Rocksmith
Friday 14-Dec-2012 3:13 PM

Rocksmith

This isn't a Guitar Hero clone: Drop-D cynicism 360  14

More Reviews
More Previews
More Features
More Kinect
More Xbox Live
Thor
Thursday 29-Sep-2011 5:48 PM

Thor

Total Film review: Why Branagh's Marvel movie is more little cracker than hammer horror 8

Hall Pass
Tuesday 20-Sep-2011 11:11 AM

Hall Pass

The Farrelly Brothers hit maturity - in the face MOV  4

Hanna
Monday 5-Sep-2011 6:22 PM

Hanna

Like Elektra, but 10 years younger MOV 

Hobo With A Shotgun
Monday 5-Sep-2011 11:45 AM

Hobo With A Shotgun

Not quite "attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion" MOV  1

Rango
Sunday 21-Aug-2011 6:34 PM

Rango

Johnny Depp's weirdness infects Nickleodeon MOV 

Sucker Punch
Monday 15-Aug-2011 6:05 PM

Sucker Punch

Neither sucks nor blows MOV 

Shifting sands: the lost majesty of Prince of Persia

Your comments on our articles.

Ed reflects on a wonderful, sorely missed series

Whenever Assassin's Creed drags its collectable-packed frame over to the bedroom mirror, and mournfully contemplates the sagging, sweaty blob of game types, trivia, plot twists and digital initiatives it has become, I like to think a portrait on the wall behind catches its eye. The portrait of a younger, leaner man with an Aquiline nose, lips that bear the hint of an aristocratic sneer, and eyes that are all roguish twinkle and boyish charm. I like to think Assassin's Creed sighs deeply at this point, assesses its monstrous gut in profile, glances back at the portrait and says to itself: "Look at you. Look at who you used to be."

... read more

Shifting sands: the lost majesty of Prince of Persia

Postby PonderingWalrus » 19 Jan 13 5:45 pm

I still wish they would release a sequel to the 2008 game.
PonderingWalrus

Re: Shifting sands: the lost majesty of Prince of Persia

Postby fracturedrich » 19 Jan 13 7:08 pm

PonderingWalrus wrote:I still wish they would release a sequel to the 2008 game.

Ime not sure but i thought there was going to be one, and the rumour i heard was that one of the ac revelations devs was going to be involved,but again ime not sure.For me though sands is my fav game of all time,that was for me,all the years of gaming had finally arrived.The 2008 effort just goes to show that power is not everything,I really liked the second one,but it was all downhill from there,i think they should leave the prince in the past and concentrate on new ip
fracturedrich

Postby msbhvn » 19 Jan 13 7:11 pm

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is one of the all-time classic adventure games. The other two last-gen PoP games were pale imitations. 2008's cel-shaded Prince of Persia was pretty good, except for the almost insulting inability to die. Forgotten Sands was aptly named, because I can't remember a thing about it, other than swinging on frozen water spouts.
If cats always land on their feet and toast always lands buttered side down, what if you strapped a piece of buttered toast to the back of a cat and dropped it? Welcome to the Buttered Cat Paradox!
msbhvn

Postby SadCheesecake » 20 Jan 13 1:08 pm

I still wish they would bring out Worrier Within and Two Thrones out on 360. Sands of Time is the only last-gen PoP that works on 360, and playing PoP on PSP is a VERY VERY bad idea, I almost rage destroyed my PSP because of the frustrating controls. For a while on the Game website the HD trilogy was available for pre-order for 360, but then they took it down. Does anyone know about it being released? As it is the 10th anniversary this year my fingers are crossed.
SadCheesecake

Postby ItchyRash » 21 Jan 13 9:51 am

The 2008 Prince of Persia gets a bum deal. It was great adventure game, good story and looked fantastic. The whole not dying complaint is harsh. Bioshock had Vita chambers that removed the fear of dying and no one seems to have complained about them. Except me actually. But I'm yet to play a game that actually ends when you die. All the 2008 PoP did was remove a reload checkpoint screen and kept the action flowing. It wasn't a great decision by the designers but it wasn't awful or game breaking. And the ending in my opinion is superb. I know some people felt the opposite though. Would love to see a sequel to it.

I missed out on Sands of Time when It came out and really regret it. I remember it getting rave reviews but I just ignored it.
ItchyRash

Postby CunningSmile » 21 Jan 13 2:30 pm

Was it Ubi Singapore that made the Lairs in Brotherhood? Because they looked stunning, more so than most of the rest of the game, and from the first time I played they just felt like a studio desperate to make a PoP game. I'm hoping that their abscence from AC3 hints at them making something bigger.
Do you feel like a hero yet? Do you even remember what your mission originally was?
CunningSmile