Shifting sands: the lost majesty of Prince of Persia http://t.co/DeVmZ2lQ Ed reflects on a wonderful, much-missed series
More News
DmC: Devil May Cry
Monday 14-Jan-2013 9:20 AM

DmC: Devil May Cry

Ninja Theory mixes up a legend, to make something familiar and new 360  4

Anarchy Reigns
Tuesday 8-Jan-2013 4:30 PM

Anarchy Reigns

Platinum smashes fist-first into online gaming 360  3

Rocksmith
Friday 14-Dec-2012 3:13 PM

Rocksmith

This isn't a Guitar Hero clone: Drop-D cynicism 360  14

More Reviews
More Previews
More Features
More Kinect
More Xbox Live
Thor
Thursday 29-Sep-2011 5:48 PM

Thor

Total Film review: Why Branagh's Marvel movie is more little cracker than hammer horror 8

Hall Pass
Tuesday 20-Sep-2011 11:11 AM

Hall Pass

The Farrelly Brothers hit maturity - in the face MOV  4

Hanna
Monday 5-Sep-2011 6:22 PM

Hanna

Like Elektra, but 10 years younger MOV 

Hobo With A Shotgun
Monday 5-Sep-2011 11:45 AM

Hobo With A Shotgun

Not quite "attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion" MOV  1

Rango
Sunday 21-Aug-2011 6:34 PM

Rango

Johnny Depp's weirdness infects Nickleodeon MOV 

Sucker Punch
Monday 15-Aug-2011 6:05 PM

Sucker Punch

Neither sucks nor blows MOV 

RAGE: The Scorchers

Your comments on our articles.

A not unpleasant burning sensation

The Scorchers is the most audacious punchline ever. It's like id asked you "hey, what's the secret of comedy?" at a Halloween party. Then, fourteen months later, at 2am on Christmas Day, your mobile rings. You panic. Who calls anyone at this time of night, on Christmas? Worried that you're about to suffer a harrowing Eastenders festive bereavement, you accept the call. It's John Carmack. He whispers the word "timing", and hangs up.

... read more

RAGE: The Scorchers

Postby DarthTwitch » 20 Dec 2012, 17:47

Nailgun? I'm sold.

Uh...anyone got a Disc 1 I can borrow?
Enjoy my hate-filled, vitriolic ranting? You should! For more information, verbally assault me on Twitter - @SkinMechanical.

I write in Bold. Deal with it.
DarthTwitch

Re: RAGE: The Scorchers

Postby msbhvn » 20 Dec 2012, 17:49

Yay, DLC that's good value for money. I'm going to buy it, even though I haven't touched RAGE yet. :D
If cats always land on their feet and toast always lands buttered side down, what if you strapped a piece of buttered toast to the back of a cat and dropped it? Welcome to the Buttered Cat Paradox!
msbhvn

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 20 Dec 2012, 17:57

Well you can't accuse them of holding content back for DLC. :lol:
Wadium_Arcadium

Postby PonderingWalrus » 20 Dec 2012, 18:00

I would get this if I still had the game, without a doubt.
PonderingWalrus

Postby lawsond28 » 20 Dec 2012, 18:01

Darth, I'd just buy a second copy of the game if I were you. You'll pick it up on eBay for less than the pint of a pint of cheap import lager these days. It always amazes me how some games have almost no 2nd hand value. Rage is one of them. Other examples are Bioshock 2 and Deus Ex. If you see these on sell on eBay for more than £3 you've been a witness to a freak event. What's the deal with that? Suggestions on a post-card please.
Never trust a dog to watch your food.
lawsond28

Postby Plamsa wing » 20 Dec 2012, 18:18

I don't mind that it "took so long" to come out, most games release their DLC too fast, i.e Borderlands 2.

It gives me a chance to put this down, play other games, then come back to this a year later, rather than just not put it down at all and ignore the games I have at the time left unfinished. Sure the game just ended without explanation, but at least the game it self was pretty darn good and it'll be great to play it again.

There actually isn't anything wrong with bringing DLC out a year later, especially when it's so cheap.
"We may be stupid, but we're not clever."
Plamsa wing

Postby schwepterbrowser » 20 Dec 2012, 18:38

This makes me want to give Rage a go, guessing you'd all recommend the game? DLC reactions seem positive.
schwepterbrowser

Postby DarthTwitch » 20 Dec 2012, 19:21

lawsond28 wrote:Darth, I'd just buy a second copy of the game if I were you. You'll pick it up on eBay for less than the pint of a pint of cheap import lager these days. It always amazes me how some games have almost no 2nd hand value. Rage is one of them. Other examples are Bioshock 2 and Deus Ex. If you see these on sell on eBay for more than £3 you've been a witness to a freak event. What's the deal with that? Suggestions on a post-card please.

Yeah, but I only need Disc 1...I own the game, but Disc 1 has gone walkies. (Sigh) I'll hunt around my tiny-ass flat once more, but I'm starting to fear the iD pixies have been at it.

I know what you mean about the second-hand value, though - I bought Borderlands 2 brand-new (one of the only games I've bought brand-new since the 360 came out, oddly enough) and I sold it just a few months later. Got a pittance for it. Aside from the odd game I MUST have on-release (Like BioShock Infinite will be), ALL of my games are pre-owned. Who the Hell can afford new games these days? Clue: Not me :P
Enjoy my hate-filled, vitriolic ranting? You should! For more information, verbally assault me on Twitter - @SkinMechanical.

I write in Bold. Deal with it.
DarthTwitch

Postby comabob » 20 Dec 2012, 19:58

schwepterbrowser wrote:This makes me want to give Rage a go, guessing you'd all recommend the game? DLC reactions seem positive.

RAGE is and was awesome while it lasted. The ending sucked and was clearly rushed but the joourney was awesome.

One of the best examples of First Person Gunplay ive ever played.

Im gonna add RAGE to my lovefilm list and buy the dlc - ID deserve my 400points.
"The boy said he's from hell. Maybe that's where we're going..."
comabob

Postby vadersmyfather » 27 Dec 2012, 16:42

RAGE is an odd one price wise. It was discounted in many stores to £25 within a week of release.
vadersmyfather

Postby Albie175 » 28 Dec 2012, 09:47

Just picked up a brand new copy of Rage at Sainsburys for 4.99! :-)
Albie175

Postby Sandbwoy » 15 Jan 2013, 17:17

With some DLC, I've preferred to wait until a game is re-released as a GOTY edition or something similar, and then buy the game again with all the DLC packaged in one box. But this is tempting me. Especially with the low price.
Sandbwoy