Your Halo 4 Stats
Your Halo Reach Stats
Search Waypoint

Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >»6 Pages
Post here if if you want/don't want an ODST 2 and explain why.

If anyone has any cool ideas/videos I'll post them below.

Heres a Great fanmade clip by Plav43

ODST 2 Trailer
Thanks alot, well made.

From Azure Talen

With the success of the SPARTAN IV program, the ODSTs now take on a much smaller role in the UNSC. It could take place alongside Halo 4 or between it and Halo 5 to keep it more in pace with the new story.
The story itself could surround Buck and his squad, with the ability to fully customize your rookie including as male or female like you could your Spartan in Reach and have the choice of modifying the basic ODST armor for further customization.
The Drop Troopers would be under far more scrutiny than ever from the higher ups in the UNSC with the high number of Spartan IVs available for deployment already, so it’s likely to hold their place they would be volunteering for more dangerous missions than ever to prove their worth.
HALO 4 SPOILERS
They could be dropping down into New Phoenix to try and deal with the damage inflicted by the diadect as a first response team, cover the squad exploring Requiem and trying to clear it for research teams, or it could be a build-up for Halo 5 and have them break first ground on wherever the Chief’s next mission will begin.
Fleshing out the old squad a bit more would be a great experience since it tells so much more of a human story than the Master Chief.

Here's an idea by TheSpiderChief

If there is ever going to be an ODST 2 then I feel it should take place somewhere in the 2 years between Halo 3 and Halo 4. You could take control as the Rookie once again and this time be a part of a "clean-up squad" of the various Covenant soldiers, scattered on Earth.

A bunch of ideas from MAXPWN197

i really liked that film noir quality of H3:ODST and i loved the characters in the game
a few things i would like to see would be:
both suppressed and unsuppressed pistol and SMG
multiple combat drops throughout the campaign
return of a sort of hub world like new Mombasa was
refinement of VISR system so that it can be used during the day not just at night
Halo 4: ODST maybe?
return of the Brutes (since ODST's are weaker brutes with power armor are easier to fight then elites i suspect)
NO PROMETHEANS (they would be to hard to fight as an ODST)
all the human weapons of Halo 4
either the Falcon or the Hornet need to return! or drivable Pelicans
either Buck or Dutch need to return! i can do without Mickey or Romeo
the same style of jazz inspired music that marty composed for ODST

A really good idea from JGolf777

I think ODST 2 should be a prequel to the first ODST. The beginning could be during the First Battle of Earth. Then you would hop aboard the In Amber Clad. Then there would be a whole campaign on Installation 05, centering around the Prophet of Regret, the Flood, and possibly a space battle allying with the Elites to keep Brutes and Flood at bay. I guess it wouldn't be a prequel since it would take place at the exact same time and a little after ODST, but it would still be awesome.
I would not want an ODST 2. I personally hate side stories. ODST and Reach's campaign just were not as exciting for me.
You know me. When I make a promise...
Ban FAQ | Forum Ranks
No.

But what does this have to do with Halo 4?
Would be pretty cool. Just make the campaign longer that's all.
It's that time again champs...
@Appotamox
maybe but you should not have post this. a moderator will probably remove this
I am fairly indifferent. I primarily play Halo for its multiplayer. Although I have enjoyed the various campaigns, including ODST, so its not like I am inherently against ODST 2. But... i really dont care.
I loved the open world campaign of ODST. I used to play for hours wandering the streets of new Mombasa, going from stockpile to stockpile killing covies and looking for audio's (for the third or fourth time). The Map was nice and the VISR system very effectively replaced the motion sensor, even seceding it in some ways. I particularly liked the Superintendent; the subtle humor, how he'd point you in the right direction, and deploy cover for you- but only if you were observant enough.

I'd be much inclined to buy a sequel that retained the open world, VISR, map, and Superintendent. Maybe even keep the Rookie as the protagonist if they can make it work; who knows.
I'd buy it.
I loved ODST and loved playing as an ODST being that they're my favorite group within the Halo universe. I would really like to see a second game but I would like for it to be fully fleshed out as a full game and not just a side project.
Well if it were to be made, It would ahve to have its own ODST MP, Forge, Custom Games, and Firegiht for that good old challenge. Oh ad a riveting Campaign concept.
I liked ODST a lot, but I don't really know what a sequel to it would entail.

Then again, I suck at creativity, sooo...
Come out and taste the Grunty justice!
@halosaurus
yeah, ODST 2 would be awesome, it would have to have its own Multiplayer, Forge, and Custom Games. And of course bring back Firefight.
KNIGHT 0F ORDER;930377 wrote:
No.

Go back to the Halo 4 forum if all you want to read about is Halo 4.

Ill update the OP with any ideas people put forth.
Raskulz;936214 wrote:
No.

When that was posted, this thread WAS in the Halo 4 forum. It has since been moved here. :P
Well I definitely want to know what happens with buck and his crew.
Naca Icon;938239 wrote:
Raskulz;936214 wrote:
No.

When that was posted, this thread WAS in the Halo 4 forum. It has since been moved here. :P

Yeah that's true, sorry about that.
i also loved odst, firefight is so much better on odst than on reach. :)

however if there was an odst 2 i think it would be awesome if there was:

1. another firefight game type where there were 6 of you and you had to be one of the different odst's. they would each have their own weapon sets, eg buck having the assault rifle or dutch with his splazer, romeo with his sniper ect.

2.just a though here but, if there was online firefight matchmaking.

3. 16 player firefight would be the lols
Yeah, I would love ODST: 2 since Halo 3 ODST, was such a great game of the Halo series in fact my first Halo game. I used to play hours on end with my brother & friends...
crazybydefault;935575 wrote:
I liked ODST a lot, but I don't really know what a sequel to it would entail.

Then again, I suck at creativity, sooo...

Maybe your with Buck on Reach... even though reach has been covered..
123Next >»6 Pages