Your Halo 4 Stats
Your Halo Reach Stats
Search Waypoint

Notification

Icon
Error

123Next >3 Pages
Custom Game Option Browser
A comprehensive listing of all Custom Game options in the history of the Halo series

· · VIEW IT HERE · ·

The Custom Game Option Browser, or CGOB, is an interactive web application that contains all Custom Game options in the history of the series. The CGOB shows the function, status, and availability of all of these settings as of Halo 4, including notes on bugs and issues in gametypes. Everything mimics the layout of Halo 4's Custom Game menus, which should help with familiarity.

A few key notes (please read before using!)
  • You can link to any part of the application by copying the current URL, which can be useful for directing someone's attention to a specific place (for example, Flood).

• By default, options from games older than Halo 3 are hidden. You can change the app's settings to show these. App settings are stored in the URL, so when you give someone a link, they'll see what you see. (For example, Race with options from Halo 3 versus Race with options from Halo 1.)

• If you're on Internet Explorer, the Back button won't work. The application's breadcrumb menu can be used in lieu of this. Sorry for any inconvenience.

A few other notes
  • I will be keeping this application updated to show any script changes that 343i's Matchmaking team makes in the future. If they fix bugs or add features, I'll try to get that information into the Custom Game Option Browser in a timely manner.

• I'll also be keeping the application updated to show any bugs that the community has reported. Feel free to report issues (with Custom Games or with the CGOB) here.

• It might take a little while for the app to load, as the data is stored in a space-efficient format and needs to be "unpacked". The app should work in all web browsers, but Google Chrome loads it lightning-fast.

Credits
App and Halo 4 data collection by me
Data collection for all other games by Psychosis687
Other contributions listed as appropriate in the app itself

· · VIEW IT HERE · ·
and lemme know what you think!
A link to this will be added immediately to the Custom Games thread. Thank you again, so very much. This shows just how much is missing.
The rounds reset map function in Halo 2: the items that are not reset after the round ends are vehicles, gate switches, breakable scenery, or any objects like boxes, fusion cores, rocks, anything that is part of the map will not be reset if they are moved from their original spawn place. However, weapons, grenades, and ammo spawns will always be reset at the starting of the round.

That's what I know from the top of my head, I'm not sure about turrets or breakable glass.
much appreciated :)
This is awesome! Thank you so much for this, I hope 343 takes a look at this when they consider things to add in future updates.
I love how it looks like a Halo menu. 343 could actually use this as they attempt to fix customs. Great job.
Thanks Cobb! 343 should just copy/paste from this list in the future. It is all we need.
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. :)

And remember -- if you guys ever see any bugs in gametypes (such as settings not working when changed), lemme know here, so I can keep the app current!

D Bo SQUIRRELY;2193399 wrote:
The clarification on weapons and grenades has now been noted in the app.

In the future, I'm going to look into a more organized way to display and credit contributions. For now, though, an addition to the About page of the app should suffice. :)
An excellent asset. Let's hope 343i is looking at this.
DavidJCobb;2196509 wrote:
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. :)

And remember -- if you guys ever see any bugs in gametypes (such as settings not working when changed), lemme know here, so I can keep the app current!

D Bo SQUIRRELY;2193399 wrote:
The clarification on weapons and grenades has now been noted in the app.

In the future, I'm going to look into a more organized way to display and credit contributions. For now, though, an addition to the About page of the app should suffice. :)

I'm sorry, I should've told you that I did not really test the "Rounds reset map" function. Everything I said in the last post was just from what I remembered years ago. I went in today and tested it out more. When the "Rounds Reset Map" option was disabled, the weapons, grenades, and ammo spawns did NOT reset when they were moved away. The function does work as it was suppose to, there's nothing wrong with it.
This is superb. Thanks again.
So many hours of typing and gathering information...
So many... lol
Help Me Help You -- Feedback:

(Comments based on direct memory, feel free to confirm for your records)

All gametypes:
Synchronize with team - Respawn time is shortened to match any currently re-spawning teammates, should a player B. Player B's respawn can be virtually instantaneous as a result.

Assault/Grifball (Reach):
Bomb driver or gunner - At one point, this was a possibility. I vaguely remember a custom game involving bomb-carrying gunners in warthogs (Might have been patched/introduced in title update). In matchmaking/most custom games, this was disabled. Same as flag driver.

Extraction:
Conversion reset fuse time - Yes. Converting an enemy extraction will create a new timer (whose values can change in custom games. 45 by default I believe)

Oddball:
Driver/Gunner: Not possible to my recollection. I would test this anyway if I were you.

Rally:
Hijacker Traits (Reach): That was their intention, but I had countless hijack medals and drove around in enemy vehicles. Not sure if these settings were broken or affected by lag.

Regicide:
Execution (Bonus): Medal/commendation awarded for assassinating (with full animation) a king. The bonus is reflected in the scoring system respectively.

King Powerups: I believe the timers are 30 seconds for overshield (Kingtacular), 90 seconds for damage boost (Reign of Terror). They are given directly to the king, not as ordinance. Effects are immediate.

Stockpile:
Synchronized Stockpiles: A true/false setting which could be used to spawn hills asynchronously. This was not a practice used in matchmaking or any well-known customs games, as it made for unbalanced gameplay. Could have been used to have rotating stockpile capture zones, which spawn and collect based on flags being placed. This is worth a test to see if the function was ever broken, or could be abused.
D Bo SQUIRRELY;2198078 wrote:
I'm sorry, I should've told you that I did not really test the "Rounds reset map" function. Everything I said in the last post was just from what I remembered years ago. I went in today and tested it out more. When the "Rounds Reset Map" option was disabled, the weapons, grenades, and ammo spawns did NOT reset when they were moved away. The function does work as it was suppose to, there's nothing wrong with it.
Updated the app.

Don't worry about this, by the way -- I'm working with a buddy to see about verifying community submissions. I just gotta rig up an easier way to show contributions, and to filter by which have and haven't been personally verified by one of us.

(We need to ensure that information is accurate, yes, but I suspect that demanding proof from people would discourage contributions. Better that we take the burden ourselves.)

EDIT: The app now has its own section for contributions. You can page through them and filter by verified or unverified. I'll work on adding the other submitted information soon.
Master Sundown;2199428 wrote:
Regicide:
Execution (Bonus): Medal/commendation awarded for assassinating (with full animation) a king. The bonus is reflected in the scoring system respectively.
Confirmed through medal description in the Halo 4 stats app. Thanks!

King Powerups: I believe the timers are 30 seconds for overshield (Kingtacular), 90 seconds for damage boost (Reign of Terror). They are given directly to the king, not as ordinance. Effects are immediate.
Receiving reports that the time to award Kingtacular differs between the on-disc game variant and the Matchmaking variants. Will test to confirm.

Stockpile:
Synchronized Stockpiles: A true/false setting which could be used to spawn hills asynchronously. This was not a practice used in matchmaking or any well-known customs games, as it made for unbalanced gameplay. Could have been used to have rotating stockpile capture zones, which spawn and collect based on flags being placed. This is worth a test to see if the function was ever broken, or could be abused.
So basically, this setting forced delay-spawned goals on custom maps to spawn immediately at round start? Or it altered their function? Will test.
My God!.... WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THESE OPTIONS!?!?!

Seriously though, it's very frustrating whenever you think of all the things that were stripped from Halo 4. Was it because they wanted to streamline the game for some boneheaded reason, or was it because there was additional pressure from Microsoft to get this game out at a specific time? Regardless of the reason, the custom game options are a shell of their former self, and this post shows what we're missing out on... le sigh...............
In Halo: Reach, setting the vehicle use to Driver Only, Gunner Only, No Driver, or No Gunner makes the falcon completely inoperable. Technically, the falcon's driver seat does have a gun to use, but that was only in campaign. I'm not sure if it's really a bug but I wanted to post it here just in case.

Edit: Will Forge options be added to the app? In Halo 3 you could restrict editing privileges to only the party leader or everyone. In Reach and Halo 4, it's not there.
Pretty impressive compilation of custom games options. It really does show how much Halo 4 has limited custom games.
D Bo SQUIRRELY;2204787 wrote:
In Halo: Reach, setting the vehicle use to Driver Only, Gunner Only, No Driver, or No Gunner makes the falcon completely inoperable. Technically, the falcon's driver seat does have a gun to use, but that was only in campaign. I'm not sure if it's really a bug but I wanted to post it here just in case.
Good info, but I'm not sure that I need to add that.

a) It's an oversight with the vehicle, not the setting.

b) As far as I know, no vehicles in Halo 4 are affected by this, so there's no way to know if this oversight is possible in Halo 4.

This really is good information and I hate to reject it, but I need to keep the app maximally relevant to Halo 4. Sorry.

D Bo SQUIRRELY;2204787 wrote:
Edit: Will Forge options be added to the app? In Halo 3 you could restrict editing privileges to only the party leader or everyone. In Reach and Halo 4, it's not there.
I probably won't list Forge options for two reasons.

a) Though Forge does use a similar option system to Custom Games, it doesn't use that system for the same reason. You can't "make" anything with just Forge options.

b) There actually hasn't been any change at all. Word on the street is (and has been for a while) that the option you've mentioned was broken in Halo 3 (it could be bypassed via the pause menu, apparently). :\
Halo 2 Flag Indicator values:

When Uncontrolled: The flag indicator appears only when it has been dropped.

Always on: The flag indicator is always on.

Away From Home: The flag indicator appears when it's in the enemy's hands or when it has been dropped.

Off: Flag indicator doesn't appear.

The Resolve Ties Function:

In CTF, if a game ties, then the game will judge according to which team got the most kills. If both teams tie in Flag Captures and kill points, then the game will judge which team has the least amount of deaths. It's a tie if both teams all have the same capture, kill, and death points. I only tested this with CTF, I think each gametype will function in a similar manner to what I said above. I was able to enter the driver and the gunner seats while I was carrying the flag.
123Next >3 Pages