Advertisement

Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode Discussion Thread: Jennifer Lawrence/The Lumineers (1/19/13)

HelloStuart

[1]5 days ago
    • level: 63

After the early start last year, can you believe we'll have to wait over a month for the next show?

I'm sure thecomedianky is pumped for J-Law, but we know this show will be bittersweet as well.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JustinRAn

[2]5 days ago
    • level: 11
    6 Degrees:

She was in X-Men: First Class with Rose Byrne who was in Bridesmaids with Kristen who was in Adventureland with Bill Hader.

TheDiamondDog

[3]5 days ago
    • level: 61

I expect a Hunger Games parody.

Yeah, the month wait was a surprise. Maybe because they also had Thursday Night Live? Last year, they only had like 2 weeks off.

rishabhpb

[4]5 days ago
    • level: 11
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

Yeah, the month wait was a surprise. Maybe because they also had Thursday Night Live? Last year, they only had like 2 weeks off.

They already did one though. X-Men, maybe?

Ruckhappy

[5]4 days ago
    • level: 6

TheDiamondDog wrote:

A combination of the heavy fall schedule, the decision to focus on mostly new sketches, post-election blues, Hurricane Sandy, integrating the new cast, etc., taken altogether, I suspect, is the reason. If you watch closely, the show had been straining at the seams the previous three episodes. Lots of production glitches, the sketch premises got more and more basic, etc. I've been expecting that they'd come back after the holidays with some degree of mid-season revamping, and the longer break seems a sign of that.

Psy4potato

[6]4 days ago
    • level: 10
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

It'd be great if they got Sophia Vergara to cameo and reprise her 'hunger games' character even though she died her sketch!

I'm hoping for some more Kate in this episode! Feel like we got the raw end of the deal with her the past few episodes!

Hennes81

[7]4 days ago
    • level: 3

Even though it seems to be a speculation of boxofficemojo, this might say a lot about how important SNL is to the movie distributors:

boxofficemojo wrote:
    In 10th place, Silver Linings Playbook was off just three percent to $2.1 million. The movie was once again in 371 locations, which is the level that it's been at for the past four weekends. The acclaimed David O. Russell romantic comedy has grossed just under $17 million; with the upcoming Christmas traffic jam at theaters, it's likely that The Weinstein Company waits until around Oscar nominations (Jan. 10) and Jennifer Lawrence's Saturday Night Live hosting gig (Jan. 19) to push the movie in to nationwide release.

Source

Advertisement