CSI: NY Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Episode 9x13 'Nine Thirteen' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Jan 17, 2013
    • level: 74
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 9x13 "Nine Thirteen" here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, I love my cookies.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jordinajamaica

[2]Jan 19, 2013
    • level: 42
    I liked this one.... The case was ok... But the various other storylines were better... The Jo bit was good although she still annoys me, but at least the guy that got her sister's heart was VERY hot. None of my college teachers ever looked like that *sighs* I loved that everyone knew Lindsay was preggers but her... Mac having a bet with Christine, Sid teasing her, and the final bet! I kinda like the idea, my guess is that probably TPTB don't think they'll be that lucky to get a 10th season so they are all closing fronts in a 'good' way. The Messers expanding their family, Mac in a healthy and happy relationship, as well as Adam, Flack finding love again with Lovato, Sid finding the positive side to having a really cruel and fatal illness, Jo getting closure in some past issues...

So there's just 4 chapters left and one of them is the crossover. But we still haven't seen a Hawkes centric chapter nor a Danny one, right?? I'm guessing this 2 will be the argument of 2 of this chapters and the finale will be a team/Mac thingie... It's beeing an amazing season!!

danharr

[3]Jan 19, 2013
    • level: 45

Meh the case was nothing and didn't care about Jo or the new baby on the way, about the only thing that piqued my interest was that the title of this episode and the airing order are the same.

boom-moo

[4]Jan 19, 2013
    danharr wrote:

about the only thing that piqued my interest was that the title of this episode and the airing order are the same.

I thought that was the reason for the title but then the building is also 913 as is the date of Jo's sister's car accident so it's a nice three-sided pun

The case was meh, motive as old as crime itself. And how did exactly the photographer got away with stealing that necklace from the woman that was getting her picture taken with the fake Marilyn? The story about Jo's sister was nice, it brought about lovely moments (although kind of random and awkward too).

Very cool about the gum wrapping paper and the battery to start a fire, I didn't know that. Hawkes is as clever as it comes figuring out how the perp manufactured the shank weapon in prison! By the way, "chicle" is the word for chewing gum in Spanish, interesting to learn that "chicle" is actually the English term for one of its components.

I was glad with Adam's hair in the past episode but not on this one. And I'm not too keen on head shaven Hawkes either.

And woop, another D/L baby in the way! I couldn't help but thinking on Carmine though, must have been hard for him to play a man getting the news that he is gonna be a father.
    Edited on 01/19/2013 8:06am

jordinajamaica

[5]Jan 19, 2013
    • level: 42
    Head shaven HAwkes is better than curly Hawkes... But it was a little too short for my taste too!
    Talking about looks, Carmine's facial hair was just the right ammount of perfect! I loved it!!

boom-moo

[6]Jan 19, 2013
    I agree on both accounts, JJ

Forgot to mention a good lol at Sid for making himself present at the scenes that pick his interest one way or another. Quite funny the faces that Mac and Flack put at Sid mentioning the "beautiful blonde woman".