Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 PM
Kaiser Farooque
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)

Meetup / Post MAGFest Brunch (1/6/13)

(First off, I figured this was more under "meetups" than MAGFest, hence having a separate thread. My apologies if this needs to be merged onto the main MAG11 thread.)

So, an OCR Post-MAGFest Tradition is getting together for brunch the Sunday after MAGFest, at the Busboys & Poets in Arlington (link). Normally we organize this all last-minute, but this year maybe we can get a head start.

Based on past experience, I say we gather at the Gaylord Hotel's Lobby on Sunday (1/6/13) by 1:00pm, and be at Busboys by 2:00pm (seriously, it usually takes about 30-45 minutes at least for everyone to gather and load into their cars). Post in this thread if you can make it -- that'll help to get a rough estimate, but in the end it's probably going to just depend on how many people are there in the lobby at this time when we head on out.

Ok, so other key details:
  • They do not do reservations (and renting out for an event is too expensive). I'll call an hour or two ahead of time to let them know.
  • Since there aren't any reservations, we normally split up between 3-4 tables (when there are 25-30 of us it's impossible to get a table for everyone together).
  • You can park at the nearby garage near the supermarket, on the 2nd-4th floors. They say 1 hour or 2 hour parking, but I've never seen them tow unless you take one of the reserved-for-employees spots or stay there for the whole day.
  • I'm also creating a Facebook event for this -- so feel free to pass the information around from here or there.

Please register to remove the above advertisement.