Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 04:38 AM
Wes M., Judge, Double the Trouble! Director, ARMed and DANGerous Assistant Director
Luigi (+2000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Gotta co-sign with the mixing critiques from above, but I'd also like to add that there's some sloppiness in the sequencing where not everything seems to be lining up. I think you would be well-off doing another take of your guitar solos, they just don't sound quite as confident and polished as they need to be.

In addition, that Gameboy-style chip synth just doesn't sound very good to me. I'm not sure how else to put it, I think a chiptune synth could work but that particular sample you're using just does not work for me. The sequencing on some of the synth solos could use a bit of personality too - pitch bends, portamento, vibrato... anything so that it's not just notes being played completely staccato on every note.

Lots of work that you could do to bring this one up to par. Not a bad track, reminds me of something Level 99 would do... just needs another coat of polish and some more lively synth lines and more polished performances.

NO (resub!)

· OCR Staff · Judge· Double the Trouble Director · ARMed and DANGerous Co-Assistant Director · Zelda: Ocarina of Time Project Co-Director
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Closed Thread