Old 12-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Maplestory - Ellinia Dungeon

I took the feedback I got from one of my other songs and tried to apply it here.
The first time through is more or less a straight cover until the drums kick in and I start adding some of my own stuff. But I would also like to to hear what more I can work on!
http://soundcloud.com/imspidermen/ellinia-dungeon

Last edited by Spi.der.men; 12-04-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Risto
Dan Hibiki (+50)

The clipping you have there caused by the compressor and/or limiter is pretty harsh, everything playing is practically competing to be the frontmost. Especially so in the end, just before the fade out begins.

Ease up the comp/lim you have on top of everything, and while your at it you might want to consider lowering the volume of the bass a bit as well. If you want/have to do a lot of compressing, I'd suggest doing it (subtly, of course) on individual tracks at first. That way there's less chance that the tracks start competing like that.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Adding drums to a cool, mellow song like this is a lot of fun to hear. Arrangement-wise, this is awesome. The processing isn't right, yet, I'd have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rBrn View Post
The clipping you have there caused by the compressor and/or limiter is pretty harsh, everything playing is practically competing to be the frontmost ... Ease up the comp/lim you have on top of everything, and while your at it you might want to consider lowering the volume of the bass a bit as well.
I'm glad somebody who knows what they're talking about brought up the clipping and bass, those were what I picked up as the main issues as well, I think.

I think this will sound fantastic once you fix the mixing issue.

I'm not sure how you accomplished it here, but the depth that the bass, guitar, and piano all have in relation to each other is very impressive. I really wanna hear this one again once that mix is fixed!

Last edited by Skolar; 12-04-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rBrn View Post
The clipping you have there caused by the compressor and/or limiter is pretty harsh, everything playing is practically competing to be the frontmost. Especially so in the end, just before the fade out begins.

Ease up the comp/lim you have on top of everything, and while your at it you might want to consider lowering the volume of the bass a bit as well. If you want/have to do a lot of compressing, I'd suggest doing it (subtly, of course) on individual tracks at first. That way there's less chance that the tracks start competing like that.
Thanks! Tips in mixing are always helpful! I'll start bringing stuff down and hopefully it starts sounding better!