Not long now till the end of our Black Ops 2 Live competition. Don't miss. http://t.co/n320V7xO
More News
Halo 4
Thursday 1-Nov-2012 7:01 AM

Halo 4

343 sets out to reclaim the FPS throne 360  35

Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Saturday 27-Oct-2012 12:44 PM

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Like Ronseal, does exactly what it says on the tin. Including the burning eyes and nausea upon prolonged exposure 360  17

More Reviews
More Previews
More Features
Kinect Nat Geo TV
Friday 21-Sep-2012 2:33 PM

Kinect Nat Geo TV

Let's learn about bears and then punch a wolf KIN 

More Kinect
More Xbox Live
Thor
Thursday 29-Sep-2011 5:48 PM

Thor

Total Film review: Why Branagh's Marvel movie is more little cracker than hammer horror 8

Hall Pass
Tuesday 20-Sep-2011 11:11 AM

Hall Pass

The Farrelly Brothers hit maturity - in the face MOV  4

Hanna
Monday 5-Sep-2011 6:22 PM

Hanna

Like Elektra, but 10 years younger MOV 

Hobo With A Shotgun
Monday 5-Sep-2011 11:45 AM

Hobo With A Shotgun

Not quite "attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion" MOV  1

Rango
Sunday 21-Aug-2011 6:34 PM

Rango

Johnny Depp's weirdness infects Nickleodeon MOV 

Sucker Punch
Monday 15-Aug-2011 6:05 PM

Sucker Punch

Neither sucks nor blows MOV 

Can THQ survive till next gen?

Your comments on our articles.

The Saints Row publisher has plenty going for it, but it's running out of time

It's dangerously tempting to ascribe a company's individual troubles to some fantastical "trend", especially if, like me, your knowledge of economics wouldn't fill up the dead air inside a packet of crisps. "Casualification", "the death of triple-A", "late cycle fatigue" - there's no shortage of hypothetical phenomena doing the rounds for conspiracy theorists to latch onto.

... read more

Can THQ survive till next gen?

Postby msbhvn » 6 Nov 12 6:10 pm

After the rushed, half-empty and ultimately mediocre Darksiders 2 with its latest DLC being half an hour long, I'm not on the best of terms with THQ at the moment.

The South Park RPG is something to look forward to from them, if they've given Obsidian enough time to finish it properly. Obsidian have been forced to rush most of the games they've ever made, Kotor 2, Alpha Protocol and Fallout New Vegas all had development time slashed by the publishers.

THQ have been circling the drain for years, and if it weren't for the huge success of Saints Row the Third, they would have gone bust by now, and the less said about the UDraw, the better.
I'm not advocating that we kill stupid people, I'm just saying we should take some of the warning labels off things and let the problem take care of itself.
msbhvn

Re: Can THQ survive till next gen?

Postby schwepterbrowser » 6 Nov 12 8:00 pm

msbhvn wrote:The South Park RPG is something to look forward to from them, if they've given Obsidian enough time to finish it properly. Obsidian have been forced to rush most of the games they've ever made, Kotor 2, Alpha Protocol and Fallout New Vegas all had development time slashed by the publishers.

They should have more than enough time with the huge delay. South Park is one of my most anticipated games, so I was pissed about the news, but I suppose the longer wait can only make for a better product in the long run.
schwepterbrowser

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 6 Nov 12 10:39 pm

Darksiders 2 had so much potential, But ultimately had nothing to do with Darksiders one, It barely added anything to the story aside from the Nephelim. Too many Puzzles and a lot of the loot you obtained wasn't very different from your current equipment. The end Boss reminded me a lot of an enemy From Kingdom Hearts. It was really disappointing, wanted it to be so much more epic considering you were playing as Death, The Grim Reaper. Its a Shame.
Johnbhoy69

Postby FishyGinger » 7 Nov 12 8:46 am

Don't really care about many of their games, except the next Metro game because this sort of thing is my bag, baby, but I don't want them to die as consumers will lose out I reckons.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
FishyGinger

Postby Bezza89 » 7 Nov 12 10:52 am

THQ are doing silly things if I remember, I'm sure the article goes into how they sold off their sports stuff, and seem to be avoiding GTAV with the delays of their most intriguing games - though I think they are delaying them to coincide with its release, suicide if you ask me. I hope they don't disappear, but get bought by someone. Yes, EA may seem evil but I can see them buying THQ, and I think peoples jobs and the games actually seeing the light of day take precedent over what corporation owns them.
Do not mistake my appetite for apathy!
Bezza89