Win tickets to Black Ops 2 Live http://t.co/RbtsEE19 Play the game early! Eat in a zombie diner!
More News
Halo 4
Thursday 1-Nov-2012 7:01 AM

Halo 4

343 sets out to reclaim the FPS throne 360  32

Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Saturday 27-Oct-2012 12:44 PM

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Like Ronseal, does exactly what it says on the tin. Including the burning eyes and nausea upon prolonged exposure 360  17

007 Legends
Tuesday 23-Oct-2012 11:08 AM

007 Legends

The game's bombed. Game's. Bombed. 360  15

• Monday 22-Oct-2012 11:09 AM DOOM 3: BFG Edition Hell isn't other people, it's getting shot in the back 360  20
  • Friday 19-Oct-2012 3:23 PM Happy Wars Xbox 360's first free-to-play game doesn't quite dazzle XLA  11
  • Friday 12-Oct-2012 12:51 PM WRC 3 Third time sucky 360  8
  • Friday 12-Oct-2012 8:46 AM Forza Horizon Xbox 360's best sim gets a brasher, brighter spin-off 360  13
  • Thursday 11-Oct-2012 1:00 PM Of Orcs and Men Fighting institutionalised racism is actually quite fun 360  2
  • Thursday 11-Oct-2012 9:00 AM The Walking Dead Episode 4: Around Every Corner Do not ask for whom the bell tolls XLA  18
  • Tuesday 9-Oct-2012 1:00 PM Fable: The Journey Cart, horse and magic spewing mittens at the ready? Albion my way 360  21
More Reviews
More Previews
More Features
Kinect Nat Geo TV
Friday 21-Sep-2012 2:33 PM

Kinect Nat Geo TV

Let's learn about bears and then punch a wolf KIN 

More Kinect
More Xbox Live
Thor
Thursday 29-Sep-2011 5:48 PM

Thor

Total Film review: Why Branagh's Marvel movie is more little cracker than hammer horror 8

Hall Pass
Tuesday 20-Sep-2011 11:11 AM

Hall Pass

The Farrelly Brothers hit maturity - in the face MOV  4

Hanna
Monday 5-Sep-2011 6:22 PM

Hanna

Like Elektra, but 10 years younger MOV 

Hobo With A Shotgun
Monday 5-Sep-2011 11:45 AM

Hobo With A Shotgun

Not quite "attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion" MOV  1

Rango
Sunday 21-Aug-2011 6:34 PM

Rango

Johnny Depp's weirdness infects Nickleodeon MOV 

Sucker Punch
Monday 15-Aug-2011 6:05 PM

Sucker Punch

Neither sucks nor blows MOV 

Black Ops 2 review: what do you want to know?

Your comments on our articles.

Xbox 360's latest Call of Duty goes under our microscope

Black Ops 2 is just over a week from release, and the intrepid menfolk of OXM are gearing up for assault on the final Xbox 360 review build. This is perhaps the most intriguing Call of Duty since the genre-defining Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, offering an RTS subgame, open world zombie blasting, a volatile class system and massively expanded e-sports functionality among other new features.

... read more

Black Ops 2 review: what do you want to know?

Postby Jobe wan kenobi » 5 Nov 12 12:41 pm

Can you do a focus on Zombies? That's the main reason I might buy it.
Jobe wan kenobi

Re: Black Ops 2 review: what do you want to know?

Postby EdDeRs1 » 5 Nov 12 12:51 pm

look, just tell me these things:
1) is it possible to win in zombies? that the one thing i never liked about it, it always seemed a bit depressing
2) is Bruce Campbell in zombies mode?
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1

Postby B1zuk » 5 Nov 12 1:06 pm

As somebody already said on Facebook, please be as harsh with BO2 as you were with MoH. Myself, I'd just like to know how the single player campaign holds up.
B1zuk

Postby Bezza89 » 5 Nov 12 1:39 pm

B1zuk wrote:As somebody already said on Facebook, please be as harsh with BO2 as you were with MoH. Myself, I'd just like to know how the single player campaign holds up.

You mean honest/critical?

I'd like to know about the AI, especially the veteran difficulty, are they grenade happy, are there bits with infinite enemies, do they have any AI at all or are they just A like every other cod.
Do not mistake my appetite for apathy!
Bezza89

Postby mocktuna » 5 Nov 12 1:44 pm

Zombies, multiplayer killstreaks, multiplayer classes, multiplayer. That'll do me!! :D
mocktuna

Postby CunningSmile » 5 Nov 12 1:57 pm

Plot? Does it actually have one or is it just an excuse to string together a series of explosions and set pieces?
If life gives you Melons, you may have dyslexia
CunningSmile

Postby ElderScrolls1993 » 5 Nov 12 2:04 pm

Personally, I'd like to see a bit more on the single-player campaign. Too many people focus on the multiplayer in games and to little on the single-player aspect.

Anyway, I have high hopes for this game and could breathe new life into the series.

:)
ElderScrolls1993

Postby FishyGinger » 5 Nov 12 2:10 pm

Does it mix up any of the gameplay? MW3 was just a mission to top the last explosion and didn't have any calmer stealthy moments and was generally very shallow.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
FishyGinger

Postby ElderScrolls1993 » 5 Nov 12 2:28 pm

B1zuk wrote:As somebody already said on Facebook, please be as harsh with BO2 as you were with MoH. Myself, I'd just like to know how the single player campaign holds up.

The reason MoH: Warfighter got a harsh review was because the gameplay was extremely buggy, the single-player was apparently quite boring and had a boring plot, multiplayer wasn't too interesting, etc.

I don't see the same happening for Black Ops II since the gameplay in the CoD franchise is never majorly buggy (unless you take the current state of World At War's online into account), single-player plots have always been interesting (to me anyway), multiplayer's always dragged in millions of players worldwide, Zombie mode has always been incredibly popular, Spec Ops is a lot of fun too, and the franchises pros nearly always outweigh the cons.

If people just took the WHOLE game into account and not just focus on one aspect of the game and gave the other bits of the game a chance for a while, I'm sure more people will see more positive things about CoD.

Medal Of Honour: Warfighter proved to be a letdown to most, but I'm sure Black Ops II will make the haters eat their own words upon release, although you never know...
ElderScrolls1993

Postby ItchyRash » 5 Nov 12 2:37 pm

Is it good or bad and what score would you give it. Or is that too obvious?

I've missed out the last modern warfare as I just wasn't interested it in any more. Promised myself I wouldn't bother with Black Ops for the same reason but gave in eventually and actually thought it was a great story. I could be swayed by this if it's any good but I come at CoD with a very sceptical mind set for all the usual reasons "haterz" bang on about (recycling etc). I'll try and remain impartial though seeing as I enjoyed the last Black Ops
ItchyRash

Postby fracturedrich » 5 Nov 12 2:45 pm

Ive read somewhere that the mp has a starcraft 2 league system.I have been banging on about how good that system is for ages, hoping it would be included in the console online gaming for some time, so when i read this it got my attention straight away.With halo and hitman coming out this month i was going to give bo2 a miss ,i traded mw3 in after 1 month last year as i enjoyed and still enjoy bf3 so much more.Then i heard that they can nerf a weapon if it proves to be to powerful there and then without having to wait for a update.I would like to no if the sc2 system is included and if you think it will make the game better,as i no its one of the things which keeps me coming back for more.
fracturedrich

Postby danhalen74 » 5 Nov 12 4:12 pm

have treyarch (hopefully) ruined the capacity for exploiters to use quickscoping as a MP technique?
i really dont want to keep being one shotted after some 11 year old has shot me in the knee/3 feet to the left of my avatar's head.....
danhalen74

Postby ItchyRash » 5 Nov 12 4:51 pm

danhalen74 wrote:have treyarch (hopefully) ruined the capacity for exploiters to use quickscoping as a MP technique?
i really dont want to keep being one shotted after some 11 year old has shot me in the knee/3 feet to the left of my avatar's head.....

Having played CoD 4, WaW and MW: 2 online I am still none the wiser what quick scoping actually is and whether i've ever been effected by it or if I was doing it myself and coming across as a tit. Please, someone explain this to me
ItchyRash

Postby OXM ETboy » 5 Nov 12 5:01 pm

Quick-scoping is when you exploit aim assist to score a one-shot-kill with a sniper rifle when zooming to scope. It lets snipers behave like they're armed with shotguns, basically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATouealpxtI
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby kid assassin » 5 Nov 12 5:58 pm

EdDeRs1 wrote:look, just tell me these things:
1) is it possible to win in zombies? that the one thing i never liked about it, it always seemed a bit depressing
2) is Bruce Campbell in zombies mode?

in world at war i completed it goes up to level 200 :D
kid assassin

Next