More News
Halo 4
Thursday 1-Nov-2012 7:01 AM

Halo 4

343 sets out to reclaim the FPS throne 360  24

Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Saturday 27-Oct-2012 12:44 PM

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Like Ronseal, does exactly what it says on the tin. Including the burning eyes and nausea upon prolonged exposure 360  17

007 Legends
Tuesday 23-Oct-2012 11:08 AM

007 Legends

The game's bombed. Game's. Bombed. 360  15

• Monday 22-Oct-2012 11:09 AM DOOM 3: BFG Edition Hell isn't other people, it's getting shot in the back 360  20
  • Friday 19-Oct-2012 3:23 PM Happy Wars Xbox 360's first free-to-play game doesn't quite dazzle XLA  11
  • Friday 12-Oct-2012 12:51 PM WRC 3 Third time sucky 360  8
  • Friday 12-Oct-2012 8:46 AM Forza Horizon Xbox 360's best sim gets a brasher, brighter spin-off 360  13
  • Thursday 11-Oct-2012 1:00 PM Of Orcs and Men Fighting institutionalised racism is actually quite fun 360  2
  • Thursday 11-Oct-2012 9:00 AM The Walking Dead Episode 4: Around Every Corner Do not ask for whom the bell tolls XLA  18
  • Tuesday 9-Oct-2012 1:00 PM Fable: The Journey Cart, horse and magic spewing mittens at the ready? Albion my way 360  21
More Reviews
More Previews
More Features
Kinect Nat Geo TV
Friday 21-Sep-2012 2:33 PM

Kinect Nat Geo TV

Let's learn about bears and then punch a wolf KIN 

More Kinect
More Xbox Live
Thor
Thursday 29-Sep-2011 5:48 PM

Thor

Total Film review: Why Branagh's Marvel movie is more little cracker than hammer horror 8

Hall Pass
Tuesday 20-Sep-2011 11:11 AM

Hall Pass

The Farrelly Brothers hit maturity - in the face MOV  4

Hanna
Monday 5-Sep-2011 6:22 PM

Hanna

Like Elektra, but 10 years younger MOV 

Hobo With A Shotgun
Monday 5-Sep-2011 11:45 AM

Hobo With A Shotgun

Not quite "attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion" MOV  1

Rango
Sunday 21-Aug-2011 6:34 PM

Rango

Johnny Depp's weirdness infects Nickleodeon MOV 

Sucker Punch
Monday 15-Aug-2011 6:05 PM

Sucker Punch

Neither sucks nor blows MOV 

Halo 4

Your comments on our articles.

343 sets out to reclaim the FPS throne

"Getting back to Master Chief" is how Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer summed up Halo 4's agenda back at E3 2011, and if that was all there was to 343's first entirely self-produced Halo game, it would be one of this generation's costliest disappointments.

... read more

Halo 4

Postby Carpet Monkey » 1 Nov 12 8:21 am

Literally going to crap in my pants, this is getting near perfect scores from everywhere (including an insanely high 98 from IGN)...midnight launch it is then
Gamertag : Carpet Monkey
Carpet Monkey

Re: Halo 4

Postby RealDaveBell87 » 1 Nov 12 9:37 am

Sounds to me like OXM are 'sugarcoating' the disappointing campaign.
As someone who prefers both single and multiplayer ,enjoying the former more, ive got to say im a little disappointed at the moment.
Halo has always done everything on a grand and movie like narrative scale that gets most people hooked with its slick cutscenes that in Halo Reach we excellent.
Been looking forward to this game for ages and feel as if it will now be a disappointment, was expecting a entirely new, fresh experience but sounds to me as if Halo 4 does not live up to either Halo 3 or Reach. Very annoyed at the fact the infinitely irritating Armor Lock will be making an appearance too in a slightly different guise.
RealDaveBell87

Postby STE MO » 1 Nov 12 9:47 am

From what I've seen and played of the game, which is only a couple of levels, it's going to be a great game. The big thing for me is that the health bar, after the shield bar, has gone. Massive for me as I got sick of shooting someone, only to have them turn around and one shot you. Can't wait to get playing it.
STE MO

Postby TheBobinator117 » 1 Nov 12 9:58 am

I definitely agree with the article. You can clearly see the focus is more on the multiplayer aspects, which isn't necessarily a bad thing and the campaign might be underwhelming but I am literally going to be playing the campaign for the lore. I have always been interested in Forerunner history and future so if they open up some new doors that I haven't found yet then I will be happy.
TheBobinator117

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 1 Nov 12 10:01 am

How many hours long is the campaign?
Johnbhoy69

Postby YoungTobias » 1 Nov 12 10:28 am

Nine out of ten, given the points made about the campaign mode, seems really unjustified. Think I'll leave it until Halo 2 Anniversary comes out (which has to be inevitable) then I can get it cheaper and go through the whole franchise consecutively.
YoungTobias

Postby CunningSmile » 1 Nov 12 10:30 am

YoungTobias wrote:Nine out of ten, given the points made about the campaign mode, seems really unjustified. Think I'll leave it until Halo 2 Anniversary comes out (which has to be inevitable) then I can get it cheaper and go through the whole franchise consecutively.

Why inevitable? 343 have actually said repeatedly they won't do Halo 2. Halo 1 only got the treatment because they had a gap in the release schedule that coincided with the anniversary. I think Halo 5 will be a bigger priority for them now.
If life gives you Melons, you may have dyslexia
CunningSmile

Postby OXM Jonty » 1 Nov 12 10:39 am

On Halo 2... 343 said they weren't doing it. What hasn't been addressed is that they didn't actually do Halo Anniversary either, Saber Interactive did. So I'm not ruling it out. I would expect Microsoft to get Halo 4 well out of the way before doing anything, though.
Editor

Email: jon.hicks@futurenet.com
Xbox Live: OXM Jonty
OXM Jonty
OXM Staff

Postby CunningSmile » 1 Nov 12 10:43 am

OXM Jonty wrote:On Halo 2... 343 said they weren't doing it. What hasn't been addressed is that they didn't actually do Halo Anniversary either, Saber Interactive did. So I'm not ruling it out. I would expect Microsoft to get Halo 4 well out of the way before doing anything, though.

I bow to your greater knowledge oh Dark Lord :wink:
If life gives you Melons, you may have dyslexia
CunningSmile

Postby ItchyRash » 1 Nov 12 11:20 am

Getting excited for this but need to finish Assassins Creed Revelations before hand. Can't start a new game until I'm finished the current one. Mad dash to get it done before Halo comes out. Hopefully more engaging than Reach was. I just wasn't blown away by it. 2nd weakest of the series after Halo 2 in my opinion. High hopes for this though.

I other news, a YoungTobias post that doesn't mention ME3. Shush. Maybe he won't notice.
ItchyRash

Postby Thos. » 1 Nov 12 11:58 am

I've always loved both Halo single and multiplayer equally. Bungie's move to Microsoft is the single reason I bought the Xbox, and every Halo has been a Day 1 for me.

However, the unlock system means Halo multiplayer is now dead to me, so I was really hoping for an outstanding campaign. Shame.

Looks like this'll be a cheap pickup in six to twelve months for me, then.
Thos.

Postby EdDeRs1 » 1 Nov 12 12:18 pm

at least answer me this, are there Falcons in it? i have some sweet shit planned and i need some falcons for it
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1

Postby OXM ETboy » 1 Nov 12 12:24 pm

There's a mission which is pretty much a straight rip of Long Night of Solace from Reach. Jetplanes aplenty! Also, you can make a big pile of Broadswords in Forge Mode. Piles! Everybody loves piles.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Darth Mousemat » 1 Nov 12 12:56 pm

This review is strangely brutal when it comes to the downfalls. Judging by the campaign side of it I'm surprised you gave it a 9. To me the spearhead of any game is the campaign so if it is as you say it is I'll be very disappointed,

Not trying to sound like a Grumpy, Synical old man here ;)
Darth Mousemat

Postby Bezza89 » 1 Nov 12 5:31 pm

Is the single player campaign co-op too? How long is it roughly?
Do not mistake my appetite for apathy!
Bezza89

Next