ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on PATREON!!

Old 09-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Kraid (+1200)

Lemme put it this way: Parents with the money will be able to choose between putting a PS3 under the tree for their kid, or an X360, a Wii, and every last game for both systems, if they don't buy them retail, or first round of eBay.

I expect to see people buy PS3 systems, put them for sale on eBay, then have the same system go back up on eBay at least one more time, after it's been sold and delivered.

That, or half of the consoles will be featured in various episodes of Pimp My Ride, doubling the price of the car, no matter how excessively overpriced the vehicle may be.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Olivier Lambert
Sheng Long (+10000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStar
Lemme put it this way: Parents with the money will be able to choose between putting a PS3 under the tree for their kid, or an X360, a Wii, and every last game for both systems, if they don't buy them retail, or first round of eBay.

I expect to see people buy PS3 systems, put them for sale on eBay, then have the same system go back up on eBay at least one more time, after it's been sold and delivered.

That, or half of the consoles will be featured in various episodes of Pimp My Ride, doubling the price of the car, no matter how excessively overpriced the vehicle may be.
I may actually buy 2 PS3 and sell one.

See my blog, read stories, comment on them.
Formerly known as Radical Dreamer.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Abobo (+600)

Send a message via MSN to Gruntguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by youkai no unmei
Quote:

Good luck with that.

The day that the PS3 comes out it's going to be hard enough to find and buy one.

Unmod stole my virginity in 2005
Old 09-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Alex Kidd (+1850)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruntguy
Quote:
Quote:

Good luck with that.

The day that the PS3 comes out it's going to be hard enough to find and buy one.
That would be the only way I would buy one. Its expected that they'll sell for about 2k since they're going to be really short stocked. (A local video game chain is only getting 2.) Make 1400 profit, use that towards a PS3 and some games. But like I said, theres going to be a LOT of people wanting one, so its going to be real hard. I'm going to try and camp a no-name walmart somewhere.

Brawl Code: 0903-2456-7090 - Let me know if you add me.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Olivier Lambert
Sheng Long (+10000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruntguy
Quote:
Quote:

Good luck with that.

Meh, I have my ways...

Plus if you are in a very far off place, like a small town that strangely enough has big store chains due to summer people, it may be easier than you think.

See my blog, read stories, comment on them.
Formerly known as Radical Dreamer.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Sheng Long (+10000)

Old 09-07-2006, 04:50 AM
Bonus-Kun (+3000)

Send a message via AIM to JoeFu Send a message via MSN to JoeFu
not trying to start any flames here, but I found this site fairly amusing.

http://www.thisiswaiting.com/
Old 09-07-2006, 04:52 AM
Banned
Joe Musashi (+7000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefu
not trying to start any flames here, but I found this site fairly amusing.

http://www.thisiswaiting.com/
hahahahaha nice
Old 09-07-2006, 05:34 AM
Ghaleon (+2250)

Send a message via AIM to KWarp
This PS3 delay is worse than I thought. 400k units is horrible.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:13 AM
Sheng Long (+10000)

Hopefully it won't be too much of a hassle to get a system. I know it will be hell here in Japan. It's STILL hard to find a DS Lite here. I've only seen one for the retail price at a store and I didn't have enough cash in my pocket at the time to buy it. PSP was the same deal. Took me forever to find one and I had to buy it used at full price. It's going to be crazy trying to get a Japanese PS3. Might just wait a while until I don't have to camp out to find it. $600 isn't that much money to me, but I hate having to hunt day and night for a system. I'm betting Sony will try to rely on the hype machine like with the PS2 and PSP to drive sales, but if people are already on the fence about the PS3 the lack of units might just drive them away for good. The 360 is looking like a better and better investment. I plan on getting both anyway, so I'll be happy with a 360 for a year or so until I can just walk into a store and buy a PS3 at a possibly reduced price. The Wii... meh.