ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on PATREON!!

Old 09-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Octorok (+200)

Send a message via AIM to The Womb Send a message via MSN to The Womb
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkspast
I think in the end the "victor" will be a result of the quality of games. Not just Grafix, or Production values, aviabality or gameplay but a balance of all.

Which is most likely why the ps2 was awsome. GCN was fun but the games were few and far between. This gen It appears that Sony & and Microsoft, are becoming so bent on outdoing each other. This will be their down fall.

However it looks like Nintendo is only making their games fun. but there still attractive, no doubt there is going to be plenty of wii for all, and of course gameplay is obvious.

But their fight will be thier downfall.

Doesn't competition produce better quality?
I really don't see how your arguement goes
True now theirs 2 different audiences
The Wii market and the Microny market
But I really don't see how to companies fighting can cause each other to short circuit and die

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Kraid (+1200)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Womb
Quote:
I think in the end the "victor" will be a result of the quality of games. Not just Grafix, or Production values, aviabality or gameplay but a balance of all.

Which is most likely why the ps2 was awsome. GCN was fun but the games were few and far between. This gen It appears that Sony & and Microsoft, are becoming so bent on outdoing each other. This will be their down fall.

However it looks like Nintendo is only making their games fun. but there still attractive, no doubt there is going to be plenty of wii for all, and of course gameplay is obvious.

But I really don't see how to companies fighting can cause each other to short circuit and die
MS and Sony were both going after the same, identical markets. A market which wasn't big enough for both players. So, in the end, one would have to die. In this case, it was Sony blowing their nuts off with a nuke that's doing it.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Banned
Big Boss (+6000)

Send a message via AIM to CE
SilverStar, let's try toning down the fan-giddyness a little bit. The consoles haven't even launched yet.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Kevin Kruse
Luigi (+2000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStar
Quote:
Quote:

MS and Sony were both going after the same, identical markets. A market which wasn't big enough for both players. So, in the end, one would have to die. In this case, it was Sony blowing their nuts off with a nuke that's doing it.
Yeha what I was getting at. I did not mean to say competition was bad, just not the most important thing of the business.

A man lasts a generation. However his name lasts forever
Old 09-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Tanooki Mario (+1500)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStar
Quote:
Quote:

Not true at all. Two competitors can exist long-term in the same market - in fact, common economic theory demands it. Even in an oligopoly (competition between a few large companies with much marketshare) like this one, there will be competition. Any market in which long-term profit is being seen will inevitably bring in competition.

Also, the market is plenty big for two competitors. The only problem is that Microsoft and Sony are trying their hardest to become monopolists and are relying heavily on brand loyalty and product differentiation instead of cost-minimizing like one might see in a standard competitive market.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Abobo (+600)

Send a message via ICQ to mDuo13 Send a message via AIM to mDuo13 Send a message via MSN to mDuo13 Send a message via Yahoo to mDuo13
With regards to PS3 launch setbacks... I'm kind of saddened. It feels like poor Sony can't get anything to go their way these days... and with 500,000 consoles total, split between North America and Japan, it's going to be rough for the first buyers.

And you thought $600 was expensive for a console. Try getting one off eBay this November.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Bad Dude (+500)

Send a message via AIM to NeoForte
Seriously this is dishearting news. Wasn't gonna get a Ps3 at launch but wow Sony is really dropping too many balls lately. Such a bind...they need help...
OUENDAN!!!!

Old 09-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Simon Belmont (+2500)

Send a message via AIM to KakTheInfected Send a message via MSN to KakTheInfected
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoForte
Seriously this is dishearting news. Wasn't gonna get a Ps3 at launch but wow Sony is really dropping too many balls lately. Such a bind...they need help...
OUENDAN!!!!

lolololol
Old 09-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Abobo (+600)

Send a message via ICQ to mDuo13 Send a message via AIM to mDuo13 Send a message via MSN to mDuo13 Send a message via Yahoo to mDuo13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KakTheInfected
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoForte
OUENDAN!!!!

lolololol
QFE.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Sheng Long (+10000)

Send a message via AIM to Bigfoot
I'm going to go ahead and guess that we will see PS3s on eBay for $3000.