Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Andrew Aversa, Voices of the Lifestream Director, Balance and Ruin Co-Director
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

zircon - Identity Sequence upcoming cyberpunk album and Kickstarter!

I thought I would share this project with you, my OCR friends, since this is after all where my career began

For the last five years I've been working on a new album of deep, progressive electronic dance music. Though I've had several album releases since Antigravity (my last 'major' original album) in 2007, this project - Identity Sequence - is in a separate category. It's a full-length concept album (60+ mins) inspired by cyberpunk works like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, which had a big impact on me. It has an actual story and narrative, told through instrumentals and lyrics, dealing with themes of technology, humanity, emotion, and two people searching for a deep connection. Stylistically, the album features trance, house, dubstep, electro, drum n' bass, ambient, and my own blend of organic-electronic sounds.

After having invested considerable money in producing and recording Identity Sequence, collaborating with performers like Jillian Aversa, Chris Gordon, Jeff Ball and the Philadelphia Mens Chorale among others, I reached out to my fans to help fund the physical release. I did this through a Kickstarter campaign that was set with a goal of $4,000 that would go toward printing really high-quality CDs, liner notes, artwork, and bonuses like posters and hardcover artbooks.

About 48 hours later, I've been blown away by the incredible support and backing of both longtime fans and new ones who have just recently heard my music. The Kickstarter has been funded over 300% (!), but is still going strong, with rewards including digital and physical copies of the album, previous albums, signed copies, posters, artbooks, video lessons, custom songs, remixes, EPs, special liner note credits. I also plan to print up t-shirts and there have even been requests for a documentary/commentary CD/DVD, which I am now planning.

If evolved electronic music like BT and Hybrid is your thing, and you share an appreciation for great sci-fi works, I encourage you to check out this album Kickstarter. The video features an extended medley of about half the album, previously unreleased until now. Whether you choose to back the project now (essentially akin to pre-ordering the album with bonuses) or check it out when it's released later this year, I really appreciate it. Thanks OCR!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-inspired-jour

Kontakt samples for composers & remixers: Impact Soundworks

twitter | facebook | youtube
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.