Old 11-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Wesley Cho, Moderator, Maverick Rising Director, Serious Monkey Business Co-Director
Sheng Long (+10000)

I don't listen to music while exercising - I rather be attentive to my body so that I know when something is wrong. Music also tends to get you to change your workout pace depending on the tempo of the music, which can screw you up or get you to not work as hard. Headphone also can create a danger when working out if the headphone cord gets caught on a weight or machine. If I'm in the gym, I put up with whatever crappy music is playing.

Edit: If I had to choose songs for workouts though, I'd go with some good old metal. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Demons & Wizards, Angra, HammerFall, Manowar, Symphony X, etc.

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Link (+1900)

You know what? Forget what I said before about MoAbi being great for workout music. I just bought 2 CD's from "Two Steps From Hell" and it is incredible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3P2iaWma-Y

But still, my all time favorite piece of workout music would have to be Daniel K's Metal Gear Saga.

Say you're going for a run. You start out gaining speed in a jog and then then at 15 seconds in, you explode in a really fast sprint. Then at 1:20, you can cool off in a walk or a slow jog to catch your breath. Then at 1:58, you continue your sprint till 2:35 and finish off on a slower pace. It's the perfect way for me to end those long runs. For some reason, this song makes me want to push myself to full throttle.

"I have yet to see an argument that will stand up to Christianity.... And believe me, I've looked." - Myself.

Last edited by Thin Crust; 11-01-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Red Mage (+400)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Crust View Post
You know what? Forget what I said before about MoAbi being great for workout music. I just bought 2 CD's from "Two Steps From Hell" and it is incredible.
QFT. I bought one of their albums last week. Most epic drive to work ever. Every song is like a cross between the soundtracks from Troy, Gladiator, and The Davinci Code.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:26 AM
Link (+1900)

oops, I just put that I did a 60 mile run instead of a 6 mile. I can't figure out how to edit it. Does anyone know?

EDIT: never mind, just figured it out.

"I have yet to see an argument that will stand up to Christianity.... And believe me, I've looked." - Myself.

Last edited by Thin Crust; 10-28-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:34 AM
Simon Belmont (+2500)

Send a message via AIM to The Derrit
i'm late to the party but this sounds like fun! i bike 18 miles (to work and back) 3-4 times a week, lift twice a week, and play basketball for 2-3 hours twice a week. it's been getting some results, but some extra bonus focus couldn't hurt!

Old 10-29-2012, 06:31 AM
Strider Hiryu (+5000)

Looking for ways to reverse estrogen dominance through diet and exercise. Taking Zyprexa and Strattera don't make it any better (well, Strattera can promote weight loss but not sure about testosterone and male hormone management. And do note, testosterone levels are higher in men normally, but it's NOT a male hormone)
Old 02-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Link (+1900)

I just shoveled my driveway with 6 inches of the heaviest snow I've ever done. Probably 20-35 lbs per shovel. And it's not like I could plow it to the side, I had to actually pick up one shovel at a time and carry it to the side. Took me almost 2 hours. Now I'm covered in sweat and need a shower.

Last edited by Thin Crust; 02-27-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Andrew Luers, Head Submissions Evaluator, Judge, Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption Director
Big Boss (+6000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
I just shoveled my driveway with 6 inches of the heaviest snow I've ever done. Took me almost 2 hours. Now I'm covered in sweat and need a shower.
track those points! :D
Old 02-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Link (+1900)

Any idea what category to track it in?

Old 02-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Nathan Becker
Tanooki Mario (+1500)

Quote:
Any idea how?
I'd just register it as 10 reps of a 600 lbs. deadlift.

edit: 50 reps

Last edited by ectogemia; 02-27-2013 at 05:02 PM.