Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Gerry Wheatley, The Missingno Tracks Director
Dark Force (+9000)

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: OCR's Finest Trainers, Version 14.3.5.1(b)

Friend Codes:

DusK: 2667 0962 3914
[Malaki-LEGEND.sys: 1464 4889 9623
Mirby: 4556-7785-0033
Sansato: 3053 5393 2815
StreetFlare: 2752 8974 6529

Oh hey, did you know the last version of this thread is, as of this post, back on page 8, and hasn't been posted in or updated since June?

That's a dead thread. I don't believe in using Max Revives, so I'm going to make a new thread instead. Seriously, fuck Max Revives. you shouldn't be able to use those in multiplayer battles.

So... less than a week away for the North American versions... Yay.

THE CHARACTERS:

You can be the boy, or the girl. They have names, but you're a communist if you use the defaults. Name them something cool.

This cocky bastard is your rival... but not really a rival in the sense that he's out to get you. No, he's more out to get Team Plasma, because of something to do with the plot.

Look at this asshole, he's clearly up to something. I suspect he's planning to steal the worlds supply of hair gel. I suspect he's using prototype microscopic anti-grav technology just to keep his hair/feather loopy thing in place, and needs the pain and suffering of pokémon to power it.

Or he could be a nice guy, but fuck that, LOOK AT HIS HAIR, IT'S NOT NATURAL.

THE POKéMON:

"Hey," you're asking, "what the hell are those new pokémon on the covers up top?", to which I say, "you're stupid, those aren't new, they're just new formes of Zekrom, Kyurem and Reshiram". Remember all those times in Digimon, where they would call for some sort of McGuffin and then two Digimon would combine and become one bigger, more powerful Digimon?

Well, they stole that from Pokémon, by way of time travel... which they also stole from Pokémon. You can look that up, it's on Wikipedia.

At some point in the story, you get to combine Kyurem (the grey Ice Dragon) with either Reshiram (the white Fire Dragon chicken) or Zekrom (the badass black Electric Dragon) to form... somthing that is the same type as Kyurem, Ice/Dragon. But it learns a few new moves doing so, and you can undo the fusion at any point.

But it's also not just Dragons. Other legendary pokémon also get the fusion fix. Serebii.net has the whole list with details.

THE PLOT:
It's Pokémon. You're not really here for the plot. If you are... I don't have the heart to say anything that would hurt your feelings.

THE NEW STUFF:

Oh, new stuff, there's lots of that. Instead of those stupid dance contests, you get something called Pokéstar Studios, where you "act" in a movie by battling, and for the first time, you can actually battle non-pokémon opponents, like machines and props.

And then you have the Pokémon World Tournament, where you can participate in an elimination-style tournament, in place of the old Battle Frontiers they had in past games. Fight against any of the Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and Champions from any of the prior games. Use the points you win to get items.

Then there's the 3DS extra, Pokémon Dream Radar. You play a Pokémon Snap-like camera-based AR game, where you find and capture specific Pokémon, which you can then send to your Black 2 or White 2 cart. Sorry, no such app for your DSi: it's strictly 3DS.

And I guess that's about it. All we have left now is to discuss the game before it comes out, discuss it more when it does come out, and then discuss it more after it comes out.

Oh, and Friend Codes. I guess we could grab those as well.

Last edited by The Damned; 01-11-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.