Old 09-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Dustin Kulwicki, Back in Blue Director
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpretzel View Post
Just started as the chick... I miss Siren's phasewalk, this whole levitate-in-place business is weak, especially when you've got a gun w/ long reload and have to swap out. Any opinions on Zero?

PC here... BUT, tried playing w/ keyboard and mouse and it just wasn't happening for me. Switched to 360 gamepad, MUCH better. Sacrilege, perhaps, softcore, perhaps, but more fun. Also it auto-detected settings for my gtx680 as 1280x720 letterboxed, which I thought was... pessimistic.
Sacrilege! Mouse & keyboard for life, sir.

Phasewalk seems at its best when your in a big group setting, so everyone can hammer away at your incapacitated target, but yea - for the most part I agree.

As for Zero, I found him to be stupid good for solo play. Find a high damage sniper rifle, poke from a distance until they get angry and come running, then switch to a shotgun and run and gun with melee attacks. Stay mobile and always be running towards a target. His special ability is basically a 'get out of jail free' card and has the side effect of letting him kill anyone he wants that is nearby, or really - far away if you want to use your sniper rifle.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Kevin C.
Chrono (+800)

Alright, so what's been driving me nuts is hip-shooting with revolvers. I really enjoy running around in FPS's with a pistol shooting everything in the head, I've got my gunzerker set up for quick swapping guns so I don't have to reload any of my weapons (the left tree) and the first and last shot deal extra damage, so I need high damage and low clip size. The big problem is that hip shooting with my revolvers, even with a 95 accuracy, I'm lucky if I hit them much less headshot them. Sure I can ironsight, but I absolutely hate that, it's extra time to line up my shot that just makes it dull for me. I'm thinking Hyperion pistols would work, but I don't think they make revolvers. The other option I'm considering is using nothing but no scope snipers, but I don't know how reliable that will be either. Any thoughts?

3DS: 1504-5768-2443 (Let me know you added me!)
Old 09-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Wow, Gearbox is a bunch of a-holes.

I've got an aging PC that technically should be able to play the game, but I'm unsure how well. I'd like to try the game out before I buy it, yet there's no demo. So I made a thread on the official forums asking about my options. Is there gonna be a demo eventually? Would Gearbox care if I "pirated" the game just to try it out? Or am I basically just screwed, forced to either not get the game or take a gamble and maybe have it not work well at all? The response was essentially "go watch some youtube videos or play the game at a friends house" (which completely failed to address my post) followed by the thread being locked, then deleted.

I've been looking at the forums and it looks like several other people have asked about a demo only to be insulted, then have their threads locked.

Screw you, Gearbox.

Last edited by Vakri; 09-25-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:34 AM
Chrono (+800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable Hamster View Post
Alright, so what's been driving me nuts is hip-shooting with revolvers. I really enjoy running around in FPS's with a pistol shooting everything in the head, I've got my gunzerker set up for quick swapping guns so I don't have to reload any of my weapons (the left tree) and the first and last shot deal extra damage, so I need high damage and low clip size. The big problem is that hip shooting with my revolvers, even with a 95 accuracy, I'm lucky if I hit them much less headshot them. Sure I can ironsight, but I absolutely hate that, it's extra time to line up my shot that just makes it dull for me. I'm thinking Hyperion pistols would work, but I don't think they make revolvers. The other option I'm considering is using nothing but no scope snipers, but I don't know how reliable that will be either. Any thoughts?
The problem is that the Accuracy score only applies to a shot that's not affected by recoil. Hip-firing a semi-automatic double action revolver is going to produce intense amounts of recoil. Iron-sighting lowers your recoil issues somewhat, but Borderlands 2 significantly increased the impact of Recoil in general.

The issue with Hyperion weaponry that I've encountered is that their first initial shot suffers from massive recoil, but every subsequent shot suffers from much less, so while your first and final shots may land well, the ones right after the first might not.

Another viable option for you would be to get in up close and personal with low magazine size shotguns and use your damage boost on those, which will probably shred your enemies into a fine red mist. Failing that, try to get the Steady as She Goes talent, or whatever it was to give you 80% Recoil Reduction while in Gunzerk.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:02 PM
David Hsu
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpretzel View Post
PC here... BUT, tried playing w/ keyboard and mouse and it just wasn't happening for me. Switched to 360 gamepad, MUCH better. Sacrilege, perhaps, softcore, perhaps, but more fun.
Anyone else have the same experience as Dave? Is controller just the way it was meant to be played?

<Bleck> Neblix I will punch you in the soul
Old 10-08-2012, 10:19 PM
John Paul Medrano
Little Mac (+900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto
idunno but i did have trouble with mixing F and V and C up a lot on the keyboard. mapped crouching, melee, ability, and grenade to my mouse buttons and that helped a ton

[17:13] <+sixto> when i use a distortion pedal, it's into a clean channel
[17:14] <+Brandon> won't that break it?!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:39 AM
Joren de Bruin
Bonus-Kun (+3000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I absolutely can't imagine doing any kind of precise sniping with a 360 controller but that's just me. It also looks like the Mechromancer DLC is coming out today.

Last edited by Tensei; 10-09-2012 at 05:48 AM.