Old 07-11-2012, 02:10 AM
Random Encounter Director, The Root of All Evil Director
Big Boss (+6000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Oh, if SuperiorX wants to drive to my parents' house he could park his car there. I say there because they've got an acre and a half of parking space and I live in the city.

It's about 2 and a half hours from Columbus to there, then about 5 and a half to 6 hours down to MAGFest. I could drive. I may or may not also be driving Demonstray. We'll have to see how things go.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Alexandre Mourey
Ryu (+1750)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Strader View Post
You need to start entering the French National Lottery, man.
I swear that if I win the lottery, I'll come to MAGFest.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Kenneth Keyn, Trenches Composer
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Oh, and word of advice to anyone paying for the room:

Never, I mean NEVER, pay for the room with debit. You will regret it.

Last edited by Abadoss; 07-11-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Michael Birch, Workshop Moderator
Abobo (+600)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abadoss View Post
Oh, and word of advice to anyone paying for the room:

Never, I mean NEVER, pay for the room with debit. You will regret it.
Good to know. Is there a story behind this? What would you recommend instead? (My credit card has a fairly low limit, so I'd rather not have to use it if at all possible.)
Old 07-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Dustin Lagaly
Chrono (+800)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

MAGFEST

I am going

MAGFEST
Old 07-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Kenneth Keyn, Trenches Composer
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexstyle View Post
Good to know. Is there a story behind this? What would you recommend instead? (My credit card has a fairly low limit, so I'd rather not have to use it if at all possible.)
At this last MAGFest, I had an extremely limited budget, as rent had just been taken out and I was paying for all these things like airfare and the hotel deposit, etc. I tend to pay most things with debit if I can. So, when I got to the hotel, they asked if I wanted to pay with debit or credit. Naturally, I said debit. What they do is withdraw the full price of the hotel AND any potential collateral (or incidentals) during the stay. Pretty much wiped out my entire bank account down to about six dollars. The only way I could eat was to use up the incidentals that I had already paid for by buying from the hotel restaurants and the in room menus which are infinitely more expensive. They do return any of the incidentals you don't use, but not until after. And by that time, the return was rather small and I still had about a couple weeks until my next paycheck. With credit, they don't actually do that. So, go credit. Definitely credit.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Nick Marinelli, MAGFest Propaganda
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abadoss View Post
At this last MAGFest, I had an extremely limited budget, as rent had just been taken out and I was paying for all these things like airfare and the hotel deposit, etc. I tend to pay most things with debit if I can. So, when I got to the hotel, they asked if I wanted to pay with debit or credit. Naturally, I said debit. What they do is withdraw the full price of the hotel AND any potential collateral (or incidentals) during the stay. Pretty much wiped out my entire bank account down to about six dollars. The only way I could eat was to use up the incidentals that I had already paid for by buying from the hotel restaurants and the in room menus which are infinitely more expensive. They do return any of the incidentals you don't use, but not until after. And by that time, the return was rather small and I still had about a couple weeks until my next paycheck. With credit, they don't actually do that. So, go credit. Definitely credit.
Life tip: If you use a debit card for everything, you're much better off using a credit card and paying it completely off every month. It solves situations like this.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:51 PM
William Chrapcynski
Red Mage (+400)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick The Newbie View Post
Life tip: If you use a debit card for everything, you're much better off using a credit card and paying it completely off every month. It solves situations like this.
This is a great way to help you boost your credit rating and you'll also have your credit limit raised. At this point, I don't use my debit card for anything other than getting money out of the ATM. The other great thing about many credit card companies is that they either have some sort of reward or cash back program. I've been with BoA for over a decade and they've been pretty good to Kate and I on both the checking account and credit cards.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Ben Briggs
Joe Musashi (+7000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

you can go ahead and make Benjamin Briggs a "definite" attendee

I'm also working my ass off to get booked as a performer, but no guarantees as I am sure there are tons of applicants. Here's hoping my showing at Nerdapalooza made enough of an impact to sway my fortune.

either way, I'd love to set up my laptop in the jamspace, maybe play some sets for guitarists etc to rock out with :D

so so so excited to see everyone again!

^ free Diddy Kong Racing remix album!!! ^ Please Like/Share/Retweet :)
Old 08-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Jesse Deacon
Octorok (+200)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chthonic View Post
I'm also working my ass off to get booked as a performer
I fully support this endeavor.

Also...Yuzo Koshiro. Very yes. Pretty sure if you search the forum for "Legacy of the Wizard", you'll find about half of all my posts. Best NES OST that not enough people know about, no question.