Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:00 PM

Broken Download

So not only did we have to gather an arbitrary number of Likes to get access to maverick.ocremix.org, but the zip file for download on that website is completely inoperable. I've tried to download it no less than 6 times so far, and every single time the download "finishes" at near the 50MB mark and won't unzip.

Since we went out and promoted your site for you, can we at least have the album that was promised as a reward?
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Octorok (+200)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Nope! No soup for you! Free internet music is serious business, y'all.

Seriously though, plenty of people have downloaded the file just fine. This is a client or server side error that a few others have reported, but for the vast majority it works perfectly. Now I'm not the one behind all of this stuff obviously, but I'm rather certain there isn't anything that can be done. The .zip itself checks out as a complete, legit uncorrupted file for lots of folks. I'm sorry it isn't working for you though... try the torrent instead if you can?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Stevo, Workshop Moderator, OverClocked After Dark Host, Lucid Dreaming Director
Bonus-Kun (+3000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to Level 99 Send a message via Skype? to Level 99
Downloading fine for me, might be your ISP. The site itself might be getting hammered by hits so your best bet is the torrent if for some reason the zip is not working for you at the moment.

OverClocked After Dark
"I am Level 99, and I am a lifestyle brand."
Old 03-14-2012, 10:13 PM

I'm on a school ISP, and they have blocked all torrenting activity (their reasoning is that [they think] the only uses for torrents are illegal ones) so I'm stuck trying to download the zip file. On my 8th try now and I'm still getting this "client or server error".
Old 03-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Octorok (+200)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I'm sure someone will throw it up on another mirror soon. I know it sucks to not be able to download it, but OCR has provided a wide variety of ways to download the album. Sometimes shit just won't download correctly for some people. It happens to me on occasion for random stuff... I don't think there's anything else you can do other than to try another mirror or another connection.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni-Psyence View Post
I'm sure someone will throw it up on another mirror soon. I know it sucks to not be able to download it, but OCR has provided a wide variety of ways to download the album. Sometimes shit just won't download correctly for some people. It happens to me on occasion for random stuff... I don't think there's anything else you can do other than to try another mirror or another connection.
How do I get on another mirror for the full zip? I only see one download link for the full zip, compared to the 4 mirrors for the individual MP3s
Old 03-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Stevo, Workshop Moderator, OverClocked After Dark Host, Lucid Dreaming Director
Bonus-Kun (+3000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to Level 99 Send a message via Skype? to Level 99
Try this one

http://ocremix.dreamhosters.com/file...MP3_+_Art).zip

OverClocked After Dark
"I am Level 99, and I am a lifestyle brand."
Octorok (+200)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Unfortunately there hasn't been a mirror for the .zip yet, but it's possible someone might upload one. Can you try to download the file from a different browser or perhaps through a download manager? If no one uploads a mirror for the .zip by later on tonight, I will do it myself.

*edit* Well there ya go, Level 99 has come through with another link!
Greg Nourse, Workshop Moderator
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to Gario Send a message via Skype? to Gario
In the absolutely worse case scenario you could D/L the songs individually, if the zip and torrent don't cover it for you.

<Snappleman> With experience comes the ability to tell that you really aren't a fraction as good as you thought.
Get involved! The Lufia Album, ORC and PRC are all looking for volunteers!
Closed Thread