Welcome to the Destructoid Forums.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Xbox

Fifth Dimensional Admin

The Next Xbox

There's plenty of rumors floating around at the moment about Microsoft's next console, but all we know for sure is we won't see it this year. So what do you hope/expect to see from the NextBox/720/Durango/whatever they call it?

A fucking button lock on the controllers, so I can put it in my pocket and walk around with the head set on and not have bunch of buttons get pressed while it's in there.

It's DEE (pause) BLOO. Not DEBLOO. >:(

Blast processing like they promised years ago

Fifth Dimensional Admin

My biggest want (and this is a deal breaker) is for the system to be backwards compatible with all my XBLA games/DLC. I expect the same out of Sony and Nintendo, but I've got a lot more invested in my 360.

I hope this one will play games.

For seriousness yeah I'd like to port over all my arcade titles.

I hope the new hardware doesn't somehow fuck up my fighting games like 3rd strike. That game is enough non-arcade perfect as it is thank you.

Beast Master

Yeah, being able to transfer all of our digital content has got to be a feature.

I'd like full backwards compatibility with all the disc-based games too. I'm still irked that Microsoft dropped the ball there between the first Xbox and the 360. I want to play The Warriors without having to keep my old box hooked up still.

I'd like the controller to remain largely the same as it is on the 360. I see no need to "fix" what ain't broke as far as design and layout go. Perfect the d-pad, change whatever you need to on the inside, but leave the feel of the controller as a whole the same.

Honkey Kong

In Texas framing the mentally challenged for murder then executing them.
    Cut the fucking multiplayer out of Gold and give it Silver. And don't be made out of shit rocks this time. And I better be able to play everything I've ever bought on my 360 on the new console.

That's actually a really big concern of mine, that they don't allow us to port over our arcade games. I wasn't really planning on ditching my console anyways, but it would be nice not to have to drag it out to play my old games. I'm also very worried about if they're going to continue letting us play our old games online that are P2P (like Minecraft), or if they're going to keep all the old shit on a different Live service and then close it down like they did with the first gen.

Also: stop making me watch fucking advertisements on a paid service. It'll never happen, but it won't prevent me from bitching about it.

At least let us run NoScript on our consoles MS

Bringer of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    My biggest want (and this is a deal breaker) is for the system to be backwards compatible with all my XBLA games/DLC. I expect the same out of Sony and Nintendo, but I've got a lot more invested in my 360.
    This is a big deal and needs to happen. Also I'm with Used: they need to make Multiplayer be free. If they want to do a premium service (which they will since it's working now) make that be early DLC and other bonuses.

Beast Master

I was about to make a sarcastic joke about wanting more facebook and twitter apps, then I remembered the Minecraft screenshot thing via facebook. Now I legitimately want the ability to take screenshots and record video from any game and upload it online.

[Level 6: Robot]

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    I was about to make a sarcastic joke about wanting more facebook and twitter apps, then I remembered the Minecraft screenshot thing via facebook. Now I legitimately want the ability to take screenshots and record video from any game and upload it online.
    Definitely, I was surprised how well the Facebook screenshot option worked in Minecraft.

Although it's on Sony's machine and I don't think any Xbox game has had this option other than EA sports titles linked to their social sites, I liked being able to upload YouTube videos of PixelJunk Eden, you most likely wouldn't get that in a more powerful game but it's a nice option if you can't afford the equipment to record or stream to PC.
    Last edited by Edd Strid; 08-15-2012 at 08:28 AM.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]

Fix the controller's dpad. I had always heard about how shit the dpad was, but never understood how bad it was till I got my first 360 several months ago. Holy shit, it's terrible. Also, why is the on-screen keyboard not in QWERTY format? That is such a pain in the ass.

I agree with everyone else about Gold, also. Sony hasn't done a lot right with it's online services, but they damn near perfected their premium service (PS+). Free games, early access to stuff like betas and demos, discounts, etc. That's what a paid service should provide to make it worth it.
    What do you get with Gold? The ability to play multiplayer, and that's about it. So I'm essentially paying extra to access a basic part of damn near every game that's released nowadays. If I have to pay for Gold, at least get rid of the fucking ads on that ugly-ass dashboard.

Bringer of Truth

I actually like the games that offer the ability to edit/upload clips straight to YouTube (Dirt and Call of Duty come to mind). I'd like this to be implemented more often.

Beast Master

Minecraft is the first game I own that has a feature like that, that I know of.

Honkey Kong

In Texas framing the mentally challenged for murder then executing them.
    @DJPuppy: you can change the keyboard to qwerty.

Rape Genie

I just hope the used game DRM thing isn't serious. That would suck.

[Level 5: Mech]

Instant replay videos of fighting games and FPS rounds. I'm loving it.

[Level 6: Robot]

Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    Fix the controller's dpad. I had always heard about how shit the dpad was, but never understood how bad it was till I got my first 360 several months ago. Holy shit, it's terrible. Also, why is the on-screen keyboard not in QWERTY format? That is such a pain in the ass.

I agree with everyone else about Gold, also. Sony hasn't done a lot right with it's online services, but they damn near perfected their premium service (PS+). Free games, early access to stuff like betas and demos, discounts, etc. That's what a paid service should provide to make it worth it.
    What do you get with Gold? The ability to play multiplayer, and that's about it. So I'm essentially paying extra to access a basic part of damn near every game that's released nowadays. If I have to pay for Gold, at least get rid of the fucking ads on that ugly-ass dashboard.
    You can actually switch the on-screen keyboard to QWERTY format under "settings" (I forget where specifically though).