Wii U Page 188

• Page

of 189 First / Last

• chrisno21 10 Oct 2012 12:45:09 699 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is there a site or a rundown of features out there that points out what WiiU does and what we can expect. Even launch titles are still a bit of a mystery to me, what are they and why does the gamepad make them different. Like AC3 - does it have any U specific features or should I just get the PS3 version cheaper and earlier (to sync up with my vita version too)?

PSN: chrisno21

• Sid-Nice 10 Oct 2012 13:05:15 14,749 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    With AC3 the Wii U Gamepad allows changing weapons off the fly and an on screen map. If you have played the Assassin Creed series on the PS3 then I would stick with the PS3 version; what are the cross-play options with the Vita?

If you Google Wii U you'll find all the information you need to know about the new console. I wouldn't buy the Wii U to play PS3 and Xbox 360 ports; first and third party exclusives will be the best games to highlight the consoles features.

Pre-ordered Midnight Purple Wii U

• Carlo 10 Oct 2012 13:11:29 16,724 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Wii U Gamepad allows changing weapons off the fly
    Mind. Blown.
  • Raiko101 10 Oct 2012 13:15:46 2,929 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I doubt many western developers will ever do anything interest with the extra screen. Especially if their first thought was to port something over onto the console.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)

• Carlo 10 Oct 2012 13:23:05 16,724 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2019375888_briercolumn08xml.html?cmpid=2628

Nintendo is cutting edge again

"When you first connect the system to your TV, it syncs up with your cable, satellite or antenna setup. It also connects with video streaming and rental services, including Netflix, Hulu and Amazon.com."

How does it do that then? It can talk to my Virgin box? My DLNA media server?
  • roz123 10 Oct 2012 13:45:51 5,572 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Magic

A Digital Foundry article on why console manufactures are dedicating so much ram to the OS
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/digitalfoundry-the-os-factor
  • chrisno21 10 Oct 2012 14:25:06 699 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:what are the cross-play options with the Vita?
    tbh I'm not sure but Liberation and AC3 are meant to do something together - probably nothing useful, which is why if the WiiU version did something new I'd be interested in it. Agree that it's likely exclusives that will show the value of the gamepad but thought i'd ask anyway.

PSN: chrisno21

• Sid-Nice 10 Oct 2012 14:47:14 14,749 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know Sony announced 3 cross-play games where a single purchase will enable both PS3 and Vita software. I can’t see third party developers/publishers following suite; with the opportunity of dual purchases costing as much as £80.

• Sid-Nice 10 Oct 2012 15:02:29 14,749 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Wii U is doomed as the Xbox 360 is outselling the Wii in Japan.

• YenRug 10 Oct 2012 17:23:04 512 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Not seeing the correlation, there.

The Wii has already sold millions in Japan, with sales dropping off as it reached saturation; on top of that, with the Wii U announced and release date fast approaching, there will be even less demand for people to buy a Wii as they would wait for the Wii U instead. So, that the Wii is selling less than the abysmal failure that is the Xbox360 in Japan, is, realistically, not all that surprising.

That this indicates there is no interest in the Wii U, that is the pitiful wet dreams of a fanboi.
  • griff_dai 10 Oct 2012 17:39:37 245 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm going to the games expo in Manchester this Saturday where I will make my mind up on the WiiU!
  • joelstinton 10 Oct 2012 17:42:36 2,748 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:

The Wii has already sold millions in Japan, with sales dropping off as it reached saturation; on top of that, with the Wii U announced and release date fast approaching, there will be even less demand for people to buy a Wii as they would wait for the Wii U instead. So, that the Wii is selling less than the abysmal failure that is the Xbox360 in Japan, is, realistically, not all that surprising.

That this indicates there is no interest in the Wii U, that is the pitiful wet dreams of a fanboi.
    His being sarcastic ;)

PSN - Cloudsheaven
    www.joelstinton.wordpress.com

• YenRug 10 Oct 2012 17:46:08 512 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    YenRug wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:

His being sarcastic ;)
    He's being sarcastic, you say? Odd, I didn't hear that in the tone of his typing.
  • mrpon 10 Oct 2012 17:48:26 22,678 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It oooooozes from his every post, pay attention.

Give me £10, signup here.

• NOSAVIOUR 10 Oct 2012 17:53:05 2,440 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I still think the name Wii U fucking sucks eggs. Should have been Wii 2 or WiiHD. Simple, says what it is on the tin. Every time I speak to someone who doesn't know about it they question why it's called that and if its a peripheral for their Wii. That's the big challenge Nintendo will have.
  • GuiltySpark 10 Oct 2012 17:59:33 5,321 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Every time I speak to someone who doesn't know about it they question why it's called that and if its a peripheral for their Wii.
    Maybe try and asking your mum about it when she isn't watching Corrie might help?
  • Sid-Nice 10 Oct 2012 23:34:07 14,749 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rayman Legends has graphical improvements over Rayman Origins according to Emile Morel (lead game designer of Rayman Legends) the game will have added depth; improved lighting, special rendering techniques making the 2D characters look 3D with lighting effects.

Rayman Legends isn’t a sequel or remake of Rayman Origins; Rayman Legends is a completely new game.

In single player mode less than 20% of the game will use the asymmetric gameplay elements; where you take control of Murfy to guide and protect an AI controlled character through the level, these levels are not compulsory.

Rayman Legends will contain online play and NFC.

• beastmaster 10 Oct 2012 23:36:50 6,879 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    griff_dai wrote:
    I'm going to the games expo in Manchester this Saturday where I will make my mind up on the WiiU!
    I'l going to be there with Ryze. Should be a good day. I expect the queue for Wii U will be immense though.
  • Sid-Nice 11 Oct 2012 00:20:32 14,749 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    NSMBU Official Site; Experience Mario like never before... in full 1080p HD, only on the Wii U console!

Nice.

• Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2012 06:32:00 1,494 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Awesome, nice to know it's been bumped up to 1080p.
  • Sid-Nice 11 Oct 2012 07:52:52 14,749 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Iwata Asks How do I put this back together.

• quadfather 11 Oct 2012 09:31:54 2,837 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    griff_dai wrote:
    I'l going to be there with Ryze. Should be a good day. I expect the queue for Wii U will be immense though.
    I was going to go to but can't bloody make it now. Gah. Let us know what it's like if you get to have a blast

psn = quaddy456

• mal 11 Oct 2012 10:52:46 19,142 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    It's somewhat interesting how picture note 20 talks about using auxiliary memory (which I assume is flash storage) for 'managing' the OS. I wonder if that ties into what I was thinking when I was reading that DF article the other day - that you don't need all that RAM so that the OS can do things while the game is running if you have to pause the game first. There's nothing stopping you suspending the game RAM to flash when you hit the home button, and restoring when you restart, giving you the entire system RAM (less a frame buffer to store the game screen in) to do whatever you want to do on the home screen. Although the 3DS doesn't take that approach - perhaps because it doesn't have any on-board flash (though it does ship with an SD card).

Anyway, just a (rather geeky) thought.

Buy a face, assface

• joelstinton 11 Oct 2012 18:04:00 2,748 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago

PSN - Cloudsheaven
    www.joelstinton.wordpress.com

• Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2012 18:18:53 1,494 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Clearly an SD game in origin but nice and clean looking...
  • Fake_Blood 11 Oct 2012 18:25:24 2,446 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone seen the pictures from the inside of the wiiU on the FP?
    Looks like the cpu in my phone is bigger than whatever they've put in there.
  • CrispyXUK 11 Oct 2012 19:11:57 5,489 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Must have a bloody big phone. That's the CPU sans cover, you don't see that often.

Here's an i5 with no cover https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe;=off&client;=safari&tbo;=d&biw;=320&bih;=504&tbm;=isch&sa;=1&q;=i5+cpu+no+cover&oq;=i5+cpu+no+cover&gs;_l=mobile-gws-serp.3...4838.8712.0.8929.16.16.0.0.0.0.163.1763.3j13.16.0...0.0...1ac.1.DQL36Z3cY8g#i=17

3DS: 2234-7120-3543

• Bremenacht 11 Oct 2012 19:23:34 8,337 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mal wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    It's somewhat interesting how picture note 20 talks about using auxiliary memory (which I assume is flash storage) for 'managing' the OS. I wonder if that ties into what I was thinking when I was reading that DF article the other day - that you don't need all that RAM so that the OS can do things while the game is running if you have to pause the game first. There's nothing stopping you suspending the game RAM to flash when you hit the home button, and restoring when you restart, giving you the entire system RAM (less a frame buffer to store the game screen in) to do whatever you want to do on the home screen. Although the 3DS doesn't take that approach - perhaps because it doesn't have any on-board flash (though it does ship with an SD card).

Anyway, just a (rather geeky) thought.
    Your post is BEGGING for a spec-wanker to reply at great length about what RAM is and what an OS does and how storage works and what materials may have been used to construct a 3DS, whether you already knew those things or not. :(
  • Sid-Nice 11 Oct 2012 20:14:54 14,749 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    NSMBU wasn't 1080p for long. :(

• Sid-Nice 11 Oct 2012 20:43:49 14,749 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wii U UK ad campaign coming soon.

• Page

of 189 First / Last