ICO & SotC Collection Page 33

• Page

of 33 First / Last

Next
  • don81 13 Oct 2012 13:33:02 87 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shadow was the game of the ps2 era for me. Played it 5 times in a row. May get that game again on psn. Any idea how much it is on it's own as never got on with ico.
  • OllyJ 13 Oct 2012 14:18:00 3,090 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What? You mad? Ico is amazing.

IMO
  • King_Edward 13 Oct 2012 14:23:22 7,967 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It can't cost much more to just pick them both up together. It'll be worth it once you come to your senses and realise Ico is a small piece of Jesus that got left behind, was found by Sony, and smeared onto a DVD like butter on toast.
  • OllyJ 14 Oct 2012 15:02:00 3,090 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Absolutely, just finished it this morning for the second time, it's amazingly beautiful and a perfect narrative for a game.

Flawless pretty much.
  • dominalien 14 Oct 2012 15:18:27 4,583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Playing SOTC for trophies now and gathering all those fruits and lizard tails is so insanely annoying. How can a game be so brilliant in its core mechanic and at the same time be filled with such crap, I shall never understad.

PSN: DonOsito

• Cappy 14 Oct 2012 16:30:33 10,607 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What are you talking about?

Trophies are not part of the original design, they really should be ignored.
  • dominalien 14 Oct 2012 16:35:42 4,583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fruit and lizards are, though. They can be ignored, but they're still there, as they have before. And going after them is the most boring, tedious affair this side of grinding in a JRPG.

Besides, I like getting the platinum on games I enjoy. Except I don't particularly enjoy this part of the game.

• King_Edward 14 Oct 2012 16:39:42 7,967 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    "I like platinuming games I enjoy, but I don't enjoy platinuming games".

Did you just head fuck me?
  • dominalien 14 Oct 2012 17:06:43 4,583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fruits and lizards, my king. Fruits and lizards.

• -cerberus- 14 Oct 2012 17:12:16 591 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not that I'm specifically aiming for Platinum trophies but I kind of gave up on ICO's 2 hour run and SotC's Hard Time Attack, they're the very last trophies I need in order to get my Platinum trophies for both.

Edited by -cerberus- at 17:12:50 14-10-2012

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Triggerhappytel 14 Oct 2012 23:48:27 1,978 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Fruit and lizards are, though. They can be ignored, but they're still there, as they have before. And going after them is the most boring, tedious affair this side of grinding in a JRPG.

Besides, I like getting the platinum on games I enjoy. Except I don't particularly enjoy this part of the game.
    Yeah, but you don't need all of both to just play and enjoy the game - you're only after them for the trophy which is an arbitrary award which was bolted on later. Seems like a curious thing to moan about relative to what is a wonderful game.

Just because I had to play Chocobo Racing for countless hours in Final Fantasy VII to get Knights of the Round does not make it any less of a classic, nor tarnish my memories of it. I didn't have to do it as part of the game, but I chose to.
  • OllyJ 15 Oct 2012 07:07:31 3,090 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lizard tails increase grip right?
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Oct 2012 07:10:51 1,918 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    This page has once again confirmed how utterly fucking stupid trophy collecting is.
    Why the hell would someone spend hours doing unenjoyable, tedious shite just to have a fucking digit on their console increment?
  • Cappy 15 Oct 2012 10:07:41 10,607 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    OllyJ wrote:
    lizard tails increase grip right?
    Yes.

It's worth getting a few for the HD Collection version, even Bluepoint seem to agree this version can be a bit harder with the standard grip gauge due to Wander getting shaken around a bit more.

If you pass an altar, a white tail lizard will be somewhere on it or nearby, so you don't need to scour every inch of the wilderness at least.

Edited by Cappy at 19:42:37 15-10-2012
  • Cappy 15 Oct 2012 21:50:46 10,607 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Perhaps what we need are trophies with a negative effect on the player's overall 'score' to start us in the road to fixing this.

Actually expending the tremendous effort to hunt white tailed lizards to extinction should get you the Eco-Bastard trophy which knocks a level off your PSN total.

I imagine eating all the fruit is going to cause either lizards, birds or tortoises to starve which should get you the 'Who ate all the fruit? This fat git' trophy and another hit on your PSN total.

I don't think Team ICO ever intended for players to play in this way, they haven't even included a means of tallying or finding lizards or fruit in a post game, something developers tend to do in the interests of letting completionists mop up when there is stuff they intend for people to collect.

As I see it, a bit of extra grip or health is just a small reward for satisfying your curiosity about some feature of the landscape or settling the question, can I get up there? More often than not there will be something useful in the vicinity that made your curiosity worthwhile.
  • Page

of 33 First / Last

Next