Register or Sign in

@RyanBarlow7 @MikeChannell probably - THQ are normally pretty good delivering demos - but we don't know just yet.
More News
Zumas Revenge
Friday 20-Jul-2012 3:43 PM

Zuma's Revenge

Prepare to bash some balls XLA 

Spelunky
Wednesday 4-Jul-2012 8:41 AM

Spelunky

Things are about to get deep XLA  1

More Reviews
More Previews
More Features
Babel Rising
Wednesday 13-Jun-2012 5:10 PM

Babel Rising

There's just one tower, and you're defending against it KIN  2

More Kinect
Zumas Revenge
Friday 20-Jul-2012 3:43 PM

Zuma's Revenge

Prepare to bash some balls XLA 

More Xbox Live
Thor
Thursday 29-Sep-2011 5:48 PM

Thor

Total Film review: Why Branagh's Marvel movie is more little cracker than hammer horror 8

Hall Pass
Tuesday 20-Sep-2011 11:11 AM

Hall Pass

The Farrelly Brothers hit maturity - in the face MOV  4

Hanna
Monday 5-Sep-2011 6:22 PM

Hanna

Like Elektra, but 10 years younger MOV 

Hobo With A Shotgun
Monday 5-Sep-2011 11:45 AM

Hobo With A Shotgun

Not quite "attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion" MOV  1

Rango
Sunday 21-Aug-2011 6:34 PM

Rango

Johnny Depp's weirdness infects Nickleodeon MOV 

Sucker Punch
Monday 15-Aug-2011 6:05 PM

Sucker Punch

Neither sucks nor blows MOV 

Power levelling: the nine sexiest RPG classes

Your comments on our articles.

Matt goes over his favourite character builds

Role-playing games are more freeform today than ever before, but that's come at a cost. Over the past ten years I've noticed a gentle slide away from character classes, with an emphasis on building whatever character you like.

... read more

Power levelling: the nine sexiest RPG classes

Postby Clanger67 » 19 Jul 12 1:29 pm

Yeah agree with a few of those.The sorcerers in DD are phenominal,especially the higher they Lvl up,saved my Mystic Knights ass quite a few times,lol.Still yet to get into Dark Souls but have heard good things.
Stop your trying,to bruise my mind,i can do it on my own.
Clanger67

Re: Power levelling: the nine sexiest RPG classes

Postby OXM ETboy » 19 Jul 12 1:34 pm

I'd have gone with the Siren and Mystic Knight myself. And no mention of Dragoons? Bloody kids.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Plamsa wing » 19 Jul 12 4:52 pm

We're missing a very important part of player character choice here, the Jack of all Trades. Might not be the best at anything, but I need a little bit of melee in my life,
a little bit of magic at my side,
a little bit of ranged combat's what I need,
a little bit of that, makes it the best.
"And the award for best film, cling, cling film."
Plamsa wing

Postby skellen79 » 19 Jul 12 5:09 pm

Was that supposed to be to the tune of Mambo No. 5? lol

I can never be arsed to go with the magic guys though. You normally are so ineffective to start with and that just turns me off.
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and where ever truth, love and laughter abide, I will be there in spirit.
Bill Hicks 1961-1994
skellen79

Postby Plamsa wing » 20 Jul 12 1:53 am

skellen79 wrote:Was that supposed to be to the tune of Mambo No. 5?

Might have been, had it in my head all bloody day. Haven't heard it in years and still know the words. Get in!
"And the award for best film, cling, cling film."
Plamsa wing

Postby CunningSmile » 20 Jul 12 8:13 am

Plamsa wing wrote:We're missing a very important part of player character choice here, the Jack of all Trades. Might not be the best at anything, but I need a little bit of melee in my life,

Without the singing I'm the same. It's one reason I'm not crying about Splinter Cell becoming more action focused and really looking forward to Dishonoured, I've always been a 'whatever works' sort of player and like to have a LOT of options rather than be funnelled down one particular play style.
"No, let the idiot talk. I'm starting to like the cut of his gibberish."
CunningSmile

Postby Grummy » 20 Jul 12 2:31 pm

CunningSmile wrote:
Plamsa wing wrote:We're missing a very important part of player character choice here, the Jack of all Trades. Might not be the best at anything, but I need a little bit of melee in my life,

Without the singing I'm the same. It's one reason I'm not crying about Splinter Cell becoming more action focused and really looking forward to Dishonoured, I've always been a 'whatever works' sort of player and like to have a LOT of options rather than be funnelled down one particular play style.

Agreed. It's one reason why I don't get on well with games at higher difficulties and usually never bother playing them. Games on harder difficulties tend towards the 'you do this section THIS WAY' sort of gameplay, and I hate that, completely ruins the experience for me. That's not to say that all free choice games are brilliant, some just don't work, but as a rule it does make for much better gameplay. Although, sometimes, too much freedom can be a bad thing. it's one great failing in the Bethesda games imo, they strive too hard for complete freedom and 'anyone can do absolutely anything', and sometimes they miss great opportunities. In Skyrim for example, they had a great opportunity to let Altmer and Bosmer players join the Thalmor, but didn't. They could have done much more with the Civil War story had they had 3 separate factions for you to join, limited by which race you chose. It's something Bethesda never do, and I understand why, but they lose something in the process. A great example is the different guilds. Being able to complete the fighters guild as a mage for example is fairly poor, being able to be an Assassin in heavy armour and warhammer is slightly ridiculous. They would be better served streamlining a lot of the game and its experiences. i'm not saying completely block things like the guilds off, but require specific skill sets to advance, providing ambient missions to help players increase those required skills, rewarding players greatly for moving through the missions and guild storyline using those skills rather than just doing it as you like. In the end, if you still want to charge through the fighters guild throwing fireballs then go for it, but you need the skill levels required to progress and you lose out on certain rewards for doing so.
The Artisit formerly known as Grumftheld
Grummy

Postby CunningSmile » 20 Jul 12 2:36 pm

@ Grummy

That's one (of many) reasons Morrowind is my favorite ES game. I really liked the fact the guilds were basically at war and if you joined for instance the Fighters Guild the Thieves kicked you out. Made the whole thing feel like a real world with stuff going on even when you weren't there rather than just a long list of things that needed doing.
"No, let the idiot talk. I'm starting to like the cut of his gibberish."
CunningSmile

Postby CHIEFRAPTOR » 20 Jul 12 9:11 pm

Two words for you: Sith Marauder

On KOTOR 2 when you got to a high enough level you could become one of these bad boys. Not much better than dual wielding lightsabers whilst covered head to toe in Heavy Mandalorian battle armour whilst scything through anything that moves. Badass.
- Were It So Easy
CHIEFRAPTOR

Postby Logan316 » 21 Jul 12 8:28 am

Locke was not a thief, he was a TREASURE HUNTER!
Logan316