Cowboy Casserole

7 replies jump to bottom
Nightrious
Nightrious's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 day 18 hours ago.

Does anyone make this? I want to make some and eat it. Who is from the south? Alecia, Big S? Rosie? I have a can of beans and there's a recipe on the back for Cowboy Casserole, which assumes I have all kinds of top sirloin beef, which if I had I wouldn't be reading the back of a label from a can of beans.

TigerLily
TigerLily's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 46 min ago.

Interesting, although it doesn't seem very appetizing.

Look up into the stars and you're gone.

big S
It's one thing you should know about me.
big S's picture
User offline. Last seen 22 min 43 sec ago.

I've made Cowboy Stew, it sounds similar. It had beans. It's pretty much like gumbo but with beans instead of rice.

"Tripped 'em up with a hockey stick, no big deal, and fired a few shots at them. The way I see it I bought the bikes, I own 'em. Just like owning a target. You shoot at that, I shot at the bikes. Then Julian's got this attitude and fires a bullet at my brand new car! Real nice! So I fired a shot at his new car. Spy for a spy, that's the way it works around here."
Alecia
Alecia's picture
User offline. Last seen 42 min 13 sec ago.

What else do you have? What kind of beans are they (light or dark kidney, pork'n, black, northern, chili, etc)?

Do you have potatoes? I need to know if you have sour cream or cream cheese or any kind of cheese. Also onions. You will need at least one onion and a can of corn (whole kernel, and drained, not the creamed kind, which is disgusting anyway).

You also should learn to make cowboy spuds.

Cowboy Spuds

washed, unpeeled potatoes (3 regular size, any kind except red but red would do in a pinch)
bacon (up to 5 pieces)
one large onion
salt & pepper to taste
about 1 cup of milk*

Fry the bacon until it's crisp and set it aside to cool off then crumble it because you're going to add it later. Chop/slice/however you like the onion and add it to the pan with the bacon grease and cook them until they get floppy/clear. Slice the potatoes and add them on top of the onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and crumbled bacon. Pour the milk on top. Bring to almost boiling, then turn it down to a simmer and cover the pan and cook it for about 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are done. Take it off the stove or move it to another eye that isn't hot because it'll continue to cook if you leave it there and it'll dry out and be nasty.

This is a bachelor man meal and you will like it and possibly have leftovers. Milk*...if you don't keep it around, you should by some of the powdered kind to keep on hand, but it can be expensive, so you could also buy powdered coffee creamer and mix it with warm water if you need to make milk in a pinch.

Do you have staple items in your kitchen? If not, go get them. If you don't know what they are, ask your mother or ask me but you need some basics so you can make shit when all you have is a can of mystery beans.

Photobucket

big S
It's one thing you should know about me.
big S's picture
User offline. Last seen 22 min 43 sec ago.

I learned staple items from Rachael Ray.

"Tripped 'em up with a hockey stick, no big deal, and fired a few shots at them. The way I see it I bought the bikes, I own 'em. Just like owning a target. You shoot at that, I shot at the bikes. Then Julian's got this attitude and fires a bullet at my brand new car! Real nice! So I fired a shot at his new car. Spy for a spy, that's the way it works around here."
Nightrious
Nightrious's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 day 18 hours ago.
Alecia wrote:
What else do you have? What kind of beans are they (light or dark kidney, pork'n, black, northern, chili, etc)?

Do you have potatoes? I need to know if you have sour cream or cream cheese or any kind of cheese. Also onions. You will need at least one onion and a can of corn (whole kernel, and drained, not the creamed kind, which is disgusting anyway).

You also should learn to make cowboy spuds.

Cowboy Spuds

washed, unpeeled potatoes (3 regular size, any kind except red but red would do in a pinch)
bacon (up to 5 pieces)
one large onion
salt & pepper to taste
about 1 cup of milk*

Fry the bacon until it's crisp and set it aside to cool off then crumble it because you're going to add it later. Chop/slice/however you like the onion and add it to the pan with the bacon grease and cook them until they get floppy/clear. Slice the potatoes and add them on top of the onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and crumbled bacon. Pour the milk on top. Bring to almost boiling, then turn it down to a simmer and cover the pan and cook it for about 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are done. Take it off the stove or move it to another eye that isn't hot because it'll continue to cook if you leave it there and it'll dry out and be nasty.

This is a bachelor man meal and you will like it and possibly have leftovers. Milk*...if you don't keep it around, you should by some of the powdered kind to keep on hand, but it can be expensive, so you could also buy powdered coffee creamer and mix it with warm water if you need to make milk in a pinch.

Do you have staple items in your kitchen? If not, go get them. If you don't know what they are, ask your mother or ask me but you need some basics so you can make shit when all you have is a can of mystery beans.

All I have in the world is a can of beans.

Ritt
Fireous passion
Ritt's picture
User is online

So shoot it open and eat it. Cowboys don't cook. What the fuck.

Alecia's picture
User offline. Last seen 42 min 13 sec ago.

The hell they don't.

Photobucket