E3 2012 - The forum thread of the event of the year of the disappointing giant crab absence

-sigge-'s picture

Microsoft and Sony will both hold E3 press conferences on Monday June 4.

The Xbox maker will be first to announce its plans for the rest of 2012 and possibly beyond, with its conference kicking off at 10am Pacific time (6pm UK time). Sony’s conference will follow at 6pm Pacific (2am UK).

Microsoft and Sony are widely expected to release next-generation consoles in time for Christmas 2013, although both companies have played down the chances of E3 2012 being the venue for new system announcements. Microsoft said in January "there will be no talk of new Xbox hardware at E3 or anytime soon".

Nintendo has yet to confirm its E3 press conference timing, though it traditionally takes place on the Tuesday morning. Shigeru Miyamoto said this week that Nintendo is to announce a new Super Mario Bros. game for Wii U at E3, while the company is also expected to detail the home console's final specs ahead of its launch later this year.

Source: CVG

Stolen from the mother of all sites.

Brooks's picture

Pull up a cushion for annual forum real-time lolling at the presentations.

MattyJ's picture

I'll watch the Microsoft one live at it's 6 p.m our time, but don't think I'll be staying up till 2 a.m. to watch Sony!!

I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Live Gamertag - Upper Echilon

PSN - UpperEchelon

Tempy's picture

My loins are positively unctuous with anticipation.

XBL: Tempestora
Mod74's picture

Can we reactivate oldrum for this? I get the feeling this one won't be up to the job. If it's still here by the time June rolls round.

It's vaguely conceivable people won't know what giant crab means, so

And if you do, always good for a laugh. peep peep.

Kow's picture

I hope Nintendo announce something like an earbud wiimote add-on or a haemorrhoid checking finger device.

Live/PSN/Steam - Kowdown

2-1 on that this thread doesn't survive the forum "upgrade".

If you are an Edge forumite then you should pick up a copy of the Edge Forum short story and poem collection https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0064PU3QQ put together by the folks here. Proceeds go to charity! Its less than a cost of a pint in 'spoons on a Mond
Brooks's picture

Odds for:

- Misjudged choreography
- Innocuous phrase that births virulent Internet image macro tedium
- Dry-ice-n-lasers return of Peter Moore
- Re-heated Nintendo franchise
- Awkward deference to past-it Japanese studio/director
- Energy drink/gamersnaxx concoction erodes convention ceiling

Mod74's picture

I'd give anything for MS or Sony to walk out with a shiny new console that's all about the grafixx. I don't think I could stand another three keynotes with the only thing to show is some poxy new controller.

i expect a new 3ds to show its face(s)

If you are an Edge forumite then you should pick up a copy of the Edge Forum short story and poem collection https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0064PU3QQ put together by the folks here. Proceeds go to charity! Its less than a cost of a pint in 'spoons on a Mond
g.man's picture

I'm with mod tbh. I'm expecting E3 this year to utterly fucking dismal. Best we can hope for probably is Reggie getting is holiday photos out.

meh

g.man

XBox Live & PSN: gman808     

come with g if you want to live.

Fentonizer's picture

Has it been a year already?

Fuck all has happened, really.

Just more vitriol.

I mean, if MS aren't going to announce a new console, what on earth are they going to say?

"Here are a bunch of cash-grab games to fund developers making new console games."

OH AND COD 9

Blog, occasionally about games: As Is My Want

XBL: Fentonizer

xbl has grown tbf.

Yes, i'm expecting more wiiU stuff and a 3DS revision with the 2nd thumbstick. Animal Crossing to steal the show.

Bollockoff's picture

WE LOVE KINECT HERE'S MORE KINECT SHIT ACCEPT KINECT AS THE FUTURE YOU FUCKING DUMB PEASANTS.

I'm hoping to hear Last Guardian isn't pushed back to next gen.

Steam & PSN - Bollockoff
EvilRedEye's picture

Do we really want E3 to be good anyway? I mean what would we moan about if it was wall-to-wall goodness?

IR's picture

EvilRedEye wrote:
Do we really want E3 to be good anyway? I mean what would we moan about if it was wall-to-wall goodness?

There's a fine balance, everybody going into it downbeat isn't going to make a shitty presentation funny. We need to see some hopes dashed.

Live / PSN : bigiain_______ Team Awesome

RamSteelwood's picture

a bad E3 would probably be good for me and a good E3 would probably be bad cos i don't have the time or the money for lots of good stuff. like if the Wii U is a heap of crap, it would be good as i wouldn't want one, except it would be bad cos i'm still just a nintendo-fanboy at heart...

Please try my free online multiplayer 'world cup singles' football game! http://thebeautifulgame-thegame.com
Brooks's picture

Bollockoff wrote:
I'm hoping to hear Last Guardian isn't pushed back to next gen.

Pretty sure it will be now. Has been too quiet.

Bob's picture

Brooks wrote:
Bollockoff wrote:I'm hoping to hear Last Guardian isn't pushed back to next gen.
Pretty sure it will be now. Has been too quiet.

I would very much doubt it. If it comes out at all it'll arrive on PS3 no matter how late in the life cycle.

Brooks's picture

That's your inner wet-eyed infant talking. The Corp gon screw yall

Bob's picture

Nah.

I can't remember (although I'm sure someone will tell me) a Sony first party game getting pushed back onto the next gen?

I seem to remember SotC coming out very late in PS2s life?

Surely if it still isn't out in time for PS4 to launch they'll have already shelved it rather than throw more money after it?

Mod74's picture

Whatever happened to the N-Gage?

Dedicated gaming buttons, wireless data access, advanced processing tech, advanced screen, social applications...proprietary format game cards...limited selection of games...too big to fit in your pocket...high price...poor sales... ...hmmmmm.

MattyJ's picture

Microsoft Handheld console. That would be amazing to watch the interwebs explode.

PSN - UpperEchelon

MattyJ's picture

Also I didn't watch that PS3 E3 until now. It is amazingly bad, why did anyone get excited about the console after seeing that?! Fuck me they were holding onto a lot of prestige after PS1/2.

PSN - UpperEchelon

djchump's picture

because RIIIIIIDGE RAAACEEEEEER!

Fentonizer's picture

RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER

edit: damn

Blog, occasionally about games: As Is My Want

XBL: Fentonizer

Brooks's picture

"I'm Kaz Hirai. They just made me company hauptführer because they say I did great things with the Playstation brand. We just put out the Vita."

bogard's picture

Mod74 wrote:
Whatever happened to the N-Gage?Dedicated gaming buttons, wireless data access, advanced processing tech, advanced screen, social applications...proprietary format game cards...limited selection of games...too big to fit in your pocket...high price...poor sales... ...hmmmmm.

Did N-Gage have dedicated gaming buttons? I thought you just used some buttons from the phone's keyboard. Yes, I know you're trolling the Vita.

Blocks100's picture

I'm fully expecting Gabe Newall to gatecrash proceedings with his 'wearable computing' stretched around his considerable girth.

Brooks's picture

Ltd. edition GABEN knife set.

i also expect a new pikmin and f-zero, its just been too long for those brands not have an update.

I'm putting money on their being a Fifa 13 too.